FORUMS

View Poll Results: Do we start a new thread or rename this one?

Keep all JC Sullins CM builds under this thread?

8 Vote(s)
13.79%
Keep this one as is and start a new one for CM11?

50 Vote(s)
86.21%

[ROM] [CM10/CM10.1] [Experimental Preview by Jcsullins] [01/05/14]

556 posts
Thanks Meter: 814

By BIGSimon, Senior Member on 2nd August 2012, 07:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th July 2013, 04:24 PM |#2111  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Gallery and google photos
This ROM has been awesome. The only issue that I have is that the Google Photos (picasa/google+) do not show up in the gallery.
This issue is certainly not limited to this ROM. I have tried various ROMs over the past, and this was a problem on most of them, except one (don't remember if it was Milaq's CM10.1 nightly or CDMoncrieff's build).
I am sure this is not a problem for most of the other people. My picasa/google+ photos show up just fine on my phone. I have googled a lot, but nothing has helped. There was one post in this forum related to reflashing gapps and executing 'fix permissions' in recovery. That did not help either.
Anybody has any ideas?

Thanks!
28th July 2013, 09:39 PM |#2112  
Flag Burnaby
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Wifi still not connecting to hidden ssid
[[QUOTE=jcsullins;43822801]I'm back with some NEW WIFI DRIVERS TO TEST:

CM10 4_18. 32 GB TP
I tried both ath6kl-v20130722 and 21. Neither connects to a hidden ssid. Both connect to visible networks. Is there a change log including resolved issues anywhere? Differences between 716, 721 & 722? A way to simply revert to original Wi-Fi without having to re-install disable dock etc?

Thanks for the continuing interest.
(first posted in the cm9 thread by mistake - Does this deserve its own thread?)

Update:
I have 3 tp's all with 4_18, disable dock, disable headphones, cm-10-audio-codecs.One has original Wi-Fi driver.
With 721: one will connect to 2.4GHz when hidden and one will not. Neither will connect to 5GHz when hidden. (Obviously I set up both as unhidden first and power cycled).

Using "Wifi Analyser" my tp with the original driver shows an almost 10 db better signal on N band than the one with the 721 driver. On G band all three show about the same signal level.

Using "Wifi Analyser"722 driver on two shows same signal strength on all three on both 5 GHz N and 2.4 GHz G bands.
If I disable broadcast the tp's remain connected but when turn Wi-Fi off and then back on original and 722 fail to connect to 5GHz N band.
One of the one's with a 722 driver will connect to a hidden 2.4GHz G band - Go figure! All are 32 GB with 6600 batteries. All are about the same age and had the same use.
29th July 2013, 09:45 AM |#2113  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsullins

I've put together some NEW WIFI DRIVERS to test.

PLEASE TEST and let me know if they are better/worse/same as current ones for you.

Depending on the outcome of the tests, they will be included in future builds.

Install from recovery:

http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouch...30716-test.zip

Installed this in the cm-10-20130418-EXPERIMENTAL-tenderloin-FOR_LIMITED_TESTING_ONLY_CAM.zip build from you. I was unable to activate wifi after that. I did not clear any cashes. Reinstalling this build brought my wifi back online.
31st July 2013, 08:31 AM |#2114  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
The keyboard doesn't appear while using "maps", though it will be there beneath the maps. Please help.....

Sent from my xperia x10 running cm10 by Scritch007
3rd August 2013, 01:22 AM |#2115  
Flag Sunny Central Florida!!!
Thanks Meter: 1,138

More
I Hear that Train a Comin' !
Mr. Sullins has posted a tease over in Rootzwiki that he will soon be issuing a CM10.1 Rom for testing. This should be interesting since other developer's 10.1 Roms have been around for a couple of months.
The Following User Says Thank You to nevertells2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nevertells2 Ad-Free
3rd August 2013, 02:30 AM |#2116  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 831

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertells2

Mr. Sullins has posted a tease over in Rootzwiki that he will soon be issuing a CM10.1 Rom for testing. This should be interesting since other developer's 10.1 Roms have been around for a couple of months.

I'm assuming he will post here. People who are using Chrome browser can set a page monitor for it.
4th August 2013, 01:14 AM |#2117  
Flag Sunny Central Florida!!!
Thanks Meter: 1,138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by detdett

I'm assuming he will posthere. People who are using Chrome browser can set a page monitor for it.

I'm thinking more like here: http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouchpad/preview
5th August 2013, 06:29 AM |#2118  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 93

More
And here we go
http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouch...TOOTH_TEST.zip

Gesendet von meinem TouchPad mit Tapatalk 4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to feydakin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift feydakin Ad-Free
5th August 2013, 06:59 AM |#2119  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Yeah, I've read it yesterday at rootzwiki, too but was unsure where to post it at xda. I thought we should wait for a new CM10.1 thread by jcsullins.
Anyway: Thanks to JC and I hope Rolanddeschain79 will find the time and interest to show us all the goodness of this ROM ( Bluetooth *hint*).
5th August 2013, 10:30 AM |#2120  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Cool, since I've got a second TouchPad, I can test all these new roms and work with my first one on Jcsullins cm10 04/18 flawlessly.
5th August 2013, 04:08 PM |#2121  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Just to share: I just did dirty upgrade from cm10 0418 and everything is working. No need to clean install but do make a backup first.

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.1.2, 4.2.2 (jdq39), cyanogenmod, jelly bean, tenderloin, touchpad

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)