I am not responsible for whatever happens to your device because everyone else puts this in their threads too! get over it
Be sure to click that Thanks button if this helped you. this also appears in everyone else's thread's! deal with it
1. download the update file for your region from paugustin's thread here:
2. unzip it inside any folder.
3. open the file called updater-script which is located at:
4. delete the line and the blank space left afterwards then save changes to the file. the line for the US version looks like this:
assert(getprop("ro.product.name") == "a700_pa_cus1");
5. highlight everything that came out of the download from step 1, zip it, and rename it to update.zip
6. place in the root of an SD card, not internal storage!
Note: a few users have recommended placing the update.zip on internal storage. i tried it again from a SD card and it worked just fine. if you're having issues with this try internal.
7. reboot to recovery mode. if you need this guide you've had to do it in the past, nuff said!
8. select Apply update.zip
9. after you select Reboot System, you will be given two options:
Yes will keep CWM recovery but you wont be able to use recovery mode at all until you unlock the bootloader again!
No will allow the update to restore stock recovery, and you will need to re-flash CWM.
10. if you chose Yes from step 9, unlock your bootloader and do the root process again. DONE!
if you chose No, unlock your bootloader, flash CWM again, and do the root process again. DONE!
there are already guides on how to do that.
BONUS FOR USA TAB OWNERS!
This is ONLY FOR UPDATING FROM the Acer_A700_AV043.RV00RC00_AV043.RV07RC06_PA_CUS1.zi p file from the link in Step 1 at the top of the page.
If you are on any other version, and / or from any other country, DO NOT TRY THIS!
This is the latest update with the power option added in settings & touch sensitivity improvements, with the getprop line already deleted from the script!
A. Download this directly to your tab.
B. Reboot to recovery mode.
D. After selecting Reboot System you will be given two options. Refer to Step 9 above.
E. After making your choice, you will be given the option to prevent the update from deleting root
F. Unlock your bootloader again.
G. If you chose No. from Step 9, re-flash CWM 22.214.171.124
H. If you chose No. from Step E, root again if you wish.