If you would like a full description of the app please visit our website. Droid Draw | Xatik Group
And now on to a quick description.
Draw amazing complex shapes and patterns while learning the basics of programming with Droid Draw! Droid Draw is a twist on the original Turtle Graphics app that uses the LOGO programming language.
Not sure what Turtle Graphics and LOGO programming is? The original Turtle Graphics allowed a user to enter commands which represented what would be drawn out out on a Cartesian plane. Droid Draw brings this same functionality to Android users.
Not sure what to do? Make sure to check out the help section in the app. We have information on how to use the app and what every command does. Also, we are constantly adding to our website with interesting tips and tricks!
Besides just being able to enter commands and create an image, we have added some extra features:
** Animation: You can see where the pen is with the helpful DroidDraw mascot holding your pen.
** Sharing and Import/Export: Create an amazing image? Share it with your friends, set it as a background, or even send it as an email to us and we’ll display it on our website! Want to share how you made the image? Export the script and email that too!
** Refresh: Have some random values in your code? Hit the replay button to generate a new image.
** Zoom/Drag: Is your picture too small or in the wrong area? We have include pinch-to-zoom and dragging capabilities.
** Quick Command Entry: We have created a custom keyboard to make entering commands and values simple.
** Drag and Drop Commands: Put a command in the wrong spot? Simply drag it to where you want!
** Wakelock during Animation: Want to watch the full animation without touching your phone? We now keep the phone awake ONLY during the animation!
** We require storage permission to cache the images you draw and share. You can view the saved images in this folder: /sdcard/Android/data/com.xatik.app.droiddraw.client/
** Wakelock Permission: This is required to keep the phone awake ONLY during animation
More details here: Droid Draw Changelog |*Xatik Group
- Added better tutorials to each screen
- Added more commands to the keyboard
- Changed example script names to start with ‘Ex_’
- Import/Export scripts
- New Option: Set Image as Background
- New Option: Share image with Xatik – We will pick our favorites every week/month and post them on our website.
- Keyboard now works in landscape
- Bug Fix: Replay for larger resolution screens
- Note: Droid Draw does not officially support Tablets or Small screen devices.
- Bug Fix: Higher Resolution screens could not see lines draw.
- Draggable commands
- Auto scroll to new command
- Wakelock during Animation
- Fix force close when invalid command entered.
(Supports all android devices 2.2+)
p.s. This app is Open Source! You can find our code out on BitBucket here: https://bitbucket.org/XatikGroup/droiddraw
And of course the images: