How to re-odex a rom

Search This thread

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
odex again is not so easy...for system/app i use this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=734236

but if you want also framework odexed...?! that is tricky...(coolexe helped me and maked a odex script for me..was written for desire..changed it to work on one x...) because you must look at the boothclass order (find in the kernel init.rc....if the order is a other then in the script you get a not booting rom....

if you want booth apps and framework odexed...you must make framework first odexed ""important"" or you will get a not booting rom...

here´s the new scxript for framework

for jb version of the script..take the one attached..and remove the txt...not the sourceforge version which is for ics

https://sourceforge.net/projects/alexvhtcroms/files/odex.sh/download

steps for framework:

adb push odex.sh /data
adb push dexopt-wrapper /system/bin +xbin (can be found in system app odex link)
adb shell chmod 755 /data/odex.sh
adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin+xbin/dexopt-wrapper
adb shell /data/odex.sh
adb pull /system/framework reodex-framework-onex

now you must manual cut the classes.dex file from the jar files...(be sure you have a meta-inf in each file)

after that make a new-half odexed rom..flash and do the rest with system app...

with kind regards...Alex

Attachments

• odex.sh.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

PlayPetepp

Dec 19, 2010
Osijek
Xiaomi Mi 11
I think this way should be the easiest. I've been using it for a few months now and it worked every time without any issues. Just need to remember that every *.jar file in framework folder needs to have it's classes.dex inside (you can drag'n'drop the one from any other .jar that has it into ones that don't using 7zip). The script itself reads your boothclasspath and removes dalvik afterwards so you ultimately boot into a fully odexed rom. As always, it's recommended to make a nandroid before attemting to do this. ;)

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
I think this way should be the easiest. I've been using it for a few months now and it worked every time without any issues. Just need to remember that every *.jar file in framework folder needs to have it's classes.dex inside (you can drag'n'drop the one from any other .jar that has it into ones that don't using 7zip). The script itself reads your boothclasspath and removes dalvik afterwards so you ultimately boot into a fully odexed rom. As always, it's recommended to make a nandroid before attemting to do this. ;)

can you look again to the link...get the site is not availeble...sounds interesting :)

with kind regards

Sebby

Jun 15, 2010
Doetinchem
big thanks to playpetepp for the site
http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?12988-Tool-App-Dexo-the-Universal-Odex-Utility

i tryed lots of scripts and other things but nothing work as good as this one (the One from the link above)

first try all is re-odex viperx 1.0.1 (take me only 10min.) to do
when it is done it wont reboot stuck with black screen (freeze)
hold the power button till the phone goes off and then bootup again

and your done

so big thanks for this

Last edited:

swemoza

Nov 19, 2010
Jakarta
big thanks to playpetepp for the site
http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?12988-Tool-App-Dexo-the-Universal-Odex-Utility

i tryed lots of scripts and other things but nothing work as good as this one

first try all is re-odex viperx 1.0.1 (take me only 10min.) to do
on when it is done it wont reboot stuck with black screen (freeze)
hold the power button till the phone goes off and then bootup again

and your done

so big thanks for this

Seems like very nice script..
But i can't find the files needed (dexo) on that page... :eek:

S2kT68m

Feb 3, 2009
The Mikmik method works great.Thx for the link. ARHD is a dream in odex :p

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

MickyMax

Nov 13, 2007

I used this one and I'm very happy with it. So easy to launch and the HOX is a little more reactive now.

bravomail

Jan 12, 2011
Detroit
Last edited:

exocetdj

C:\fastboot>adb shell
InsertCoin@/# chmod 755 /system/bin/dexo /system/bin/dexopt-wrapper /system/xbin
/zip /system/xbin/zipalign /system/xbin/busybox
/system/xbin/zipalign /system/xbin/busybox <
/system/bin/sh: chmod: cannot execute - Permission denied

getting this error message when in adb shell, any ideas guys? commands were copied from site

exocetdj

Do "adb remount" before "adb shell".

-. typewrited .-

thanks man, so thats use adb remount again after using the adb push commands? i have pushed the neccesary files:)

still getting the permission denied message : (

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

C:\fastboot>adb remount
remount succeeded

InsertCoin@/# chmod 755 /system/bin/dexo /system/bin/dexopt-wrapper /system/xbin
126|InsertCoin@/#

Last edited:

PlayPetepp

Dec 19, 2010
Osijek
Xiaomi Mi 11
Try "mount -o rw,remount /system" after entering "adb shell"
If you have root explorer app installed you could change permissions for folders from phone.

-. typewrited .-

Last edited:
Reactions: exocetdj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    odex again is not so easy...for system/app i use this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=734236

but if you want also framework odexed...?! that is tricky...(coolexe helped me and maked a odex script for me..was written for desire..changed it to work on one x...) because you must look at the boothclass order (find in the kernel init.rc....if the order is a other then in the script you get a not booting rom....

if you want booth apps and framework odexed...you must make framework first odexed ""important"" or you will get a not booting rom...

here´s the new scxript for framework

for jb version of the script..take the one attached..and remove the txt...not the sourceforge version which is for ics

https://sourceforge.net/projects/alexvhtcroms/files/odex.sh/download

steps for framework:

adb push odex.sh /data
    adb push dexopt-wrapper /system/bin +xbin (can be found in system app odex link)
    adb shell chmod 755 /data/odex.sh
    adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin+xbin/dexopt-wrapper
    adb shell /data/odex.sh
    adb pull /system/framework reodex-framework-onex

now you must manual cut the classes.dex file from the jar files...(be sure you have a meta-inf in each file)

after that make a new-half odexed rom..flash and do the rest with system app...

with kind regards...Alex
    Seems like very nice script..
    But i can't find the files needed (dexo) on that page... :eek:

At the bottom of that post there's a highlighted "did you read everything". Click on it. ;)

Btw, those scripts are the work of tommytomatoe. My part was negligible. :)

-. typewrited .-
    Try "mount -o rw,remount /system" after entering "adb shell"
    If you have root explorer app installed you could change permissions for folders from phone.

-. typewrited .-

getting this error message when in adb shell, any ideas guys? commands were copied from site

look if you have rw rights in system..if not change it in tweak app or with a root exploer..

if all fails try my method from first post...works 100% but its more work

with kind regards