FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

T-Mobile: No Service

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By DJKlitz, Junior Member on 5th August 2012, 05:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Something happened to my phone last night where it now won't connect to any registered network. Simply says "searching".

I've tried a handful of new roms following all the guides to the tee. U M M U for my mounts. Wipe everything, cache / data / dalvik. The phone itself works fine it just cant connect to a network. I'm not sure if the phone itself just broke or what.

I've also tried some different modem kernels etc but nothing is helping.

Is my phone physically broken or is there a way to get it to work. I've also tried stock rom and what not and I can't fix it.

Someone help me please!

5th August 2012, 06:00 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Did you pay the bill check the imei number make sure its not all 0s

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
5th August 2012, 06:07 PM |#3  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmpanda

Lol if you don't pay the bill it still says T-Mobile with bars

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKlitz

Something happened to my phone last night where it now won't connect to any registered network. Simply says "searching".

I've tried a handful of new roms following all the guides to the tee. U M M U for my mounts. Wipe everything, cache / data / dalvik. The phone itself works fine it just cant connect to a network. I'm not sure if the phone itself just broke or what.

I've also tried some different modem kernels etc but nothing is helping.

Is my phone physically broken or is there a way to get it to work. I've also tried stock rom and what not and I can't fix it.

Someone help me please!

If you can, call T-Mobile and make sure there are no network outages in your area
5th August 2012, 06:22 PM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,416

More
Is the phone showing any networks when you go to network operators? Even if TMOB has an outage you should see other carriers there. If your not seeing any then your modem might have crapped out.
The Following User Says Thank You to hechoen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hechoen Ad-Free
5th August 2012, 06:30 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmpanda

How do I check the imei? I'm semi-noob. I just know the basics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hechoen

Is the phone showing any networks when you go to network operators? Even if TMOB has an outage you should see other carriers there. If your not seeing any then your modem might have crapped out.

Theres nothing coming up. Just saying "Searching" This happened about 40 miles away, drove home, still nothing. I don't think its a TMO problem. Also, my roommate has TMO and his phone works fine.
5th August 2012, 06:45 PM |#6  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 212

More
Quote:

How do I check the imei? I'm semi-noob. I just know the basics.

Theres nothing coming up. Just saying "Searching" This happened about 40 miles away, drove home, still nothing. I don't think its a TMO problem. Also, my roommate has TMO and his phone works fine.

Imei is in your settings in about phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to th3controller For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift th3controller Ad-Free
5th August 2012, 07:13 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3controller

Imei is in your settings in about phone.

says unknown
5th August 2012, 07:22 PM |#8  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,416

More
Quote:

says unknown

If you flashed back to stock and it still says that your modem went belly up. When did you get the phone?
The Following User Says Thank You to hechoen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hechoen Ad-Free
5th August 2012, 09:08 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,488

More
Flashing the modem should fix your issue. Also, stock kj6 even with different modems is pretty unstable. My dad is on stock but his phone signal and 4g often craps out while me on cm9 is more stable.

10th April 2013, 09:32 AM |#10  

More
Just contact the customer service office from other phone and tell them about this problem. only they can solve your problem and they will give you exact solution for this problem.
10th April 2013, 01:34 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
This happened to me a few days ago. Phone would drop signal like crazy. I flashed modem after modem nothing. Reverted to stock GB but nothing. After two days of one bar or no reception it came backmagically. Just giving an FYI cuz for me it had to be Tmo doing something.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)