FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Scratches Easy should have Gorilla Glass

755 posts
Thanks Meter: 51

By falcon26, Senior Member on 5th August 2012, 05:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I really liked my TF300. It was a good price for the specs. But I really wish it had gorilla glass. I had mine no more than 2 weeks and it got a nice scratch right in the middle of the screen. I've had other tablets with Gorilla Glass and try as I might I never ever got a scratch on those. Does the TF300 have any type of coating on it to stop scratches? I'm really afraid to clean my screen much anymore because of getting scratches so easy. All I use is the cloth that came with it as well...
The Following User Says Thank You to falcon26 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift falcon26 Ad-Free

5th August 2012, 09:53 PM |#2  
Flag Al Ain
Thanks Meter: 302

More
The first thing i did was applying a ultra clear screen protector for same reasons
However, i didn't have one on my One X
7th August 2012, 04:33 AM |#3  
Flag Victoria, BC
Thanks Meter: 278

More
I use my shirt and have no issues. No scratches. Idk what you did...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium
7th August 2012, 06:23 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I accidentally dropped my keys on the screen and thought for sure I would have a scratch but I was surprised when I didn't find any. It may not be Gorilla Glass but its still not that bad.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app
7th August 2012, 02:10 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
According to Asus it's not Gorilla Glass but it's "hardened glass".
8th August 2012, 01:25 PM |#6  
Flag Joensuu
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I've had my tablet over a month now, not a single scratch on it. I haven't used any screen protectors or anything, just cleaned the screen every once in a while with the micro fiber it came with. Gotta say I'm really happy with the screen :P

I even took the tablet with me to my one week trip to Italy, but not a scratch there either
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)