[ROM][4.0.4][Smooth]|l|l|l|l|l|l| Aberration 1.3 |l|l|l|l|l|l|l| 08/25/12

Search This thread

shishir95

Feb 5, 2010
Chantilly
(Click on image above to go to the Aberration website)​

This is a continuation of my previous ShishirROM series of ROMS that started out on Gingerbread 2.3.4, and have evolved and expanded to today, where the latest version of ShishirROM is based off of XWLPG 4.0.3. Aberration is built completely independent of those and the only resemblance to my old ROMs is the dialer, which was an original creation anyways, but at it's heart, it's the next step. The ROM focuses on speed and smoothness and battery life. It incorporates common-sense fixes and ground-breaking features as well as third-party applications that bring something new to the table every time you use them. The ROM was inspired by the old Samsung gingerbread ROMS -- they were stable, fast, and just worked. This ROM manages to bring the same sort of feel back to the table while maintaining an updated look similar to the Galaxy S3 series of phones, and Android's resident Holo design. The Aberration Settings application is an extension of this ROM that lets you change some deeper settings, such as using Lidroid's beautiful 14 Notification Widget Mod instead of the default themed widgets, as well as provide an easier way for users to update to the latest version of Aberration, no matter which model of the Galaxy S2 they're running. This ROM aims to be the ONE ROM that supports every Galaxy S2 phone, and brings them on par with the super-phones coming out later this year. It's an update away from giving your phone four cores, two gigs of RAM, and a 4.8" SAMOLED HD display.

Features:
  • ODEXED (for smoothness)
  • Based on XWLPM
  • Siyah
  • Aberration Settings app
  • Lidroid 14 Quick Toggles
  • AROMA Installer
  • Google Now
  • Lux Auto-brightness
  • Opensource Sensors library (more accurate and faster)
  • Holo/Jellybean inspired styling
  • Apex/GS3/GS2 Launcher
  • GS2/GS3 Music application
  • Easy-Update
  • Samsung Dive
  • Complete development cycle

Directions:
  1. Install i9100 zip in CWM
  2. Wipe Data
  3. Configure installation & install ROM
  4. Reboot
  5. Set-up ROM, download apps, etc.
  6. Reboot again to settle everything

Download Link on the Aberration website. Click on the picture above.

FM Radio if you want it: Here

Last edited:

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
Wrong section, Should be in Development, not original development. However can you explain the features of this ROM and perhaps a link to the original.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

shishir95

Feb 5, 2010
Chantilly
Wrong section, Should be in Development, not original development. However can you explain the features of this ROM and perhaps a link to the original.

I built this ROM directly from XXLPM stock, not ported it from another unrelated device, sorry if that was unclear. The Galaxy S2 i777 and Galaxy S2 i9100 are EXTREMELY alike, so alike in fact that about five files hold the changes between them. No actual porting was done.

And I can't provide a link to the original since I made this, and this is the original lol. It's just a Stock Samsung ROM based off of 4.0.4 LPM with a few tweaks and fixes thrown in.

EDIT: Let me try and be more clear: this ROM was built off of XXLPM. It was initially tested on the i777 because that happens to be the device I have, but the development of the ROM was exactly the same for both versions. The i777 and i9100 versions are very different. Different modems, kernels, libs, etc. This ROM truly was built for both devices in mind, therefore it isn't a port.

EDIT2: Moved

Last edited:

ephraim

Oct 6, 2010
Cebu City
Asus ZenFone 4 Max
I built this ROM directly from XXLPM stock, not ported it from another unrelated device, sorry if that was unclear. The Galaxy S2 i777 and Galaxy S2 i9100 are EXTREMELY alike, so alike in fact that about five files hold the changes between them. No actual porting was done.

And I can't provide a link to the original since I made this, and this is the original lol. It's just a Stock Samsung ROM based off of 4.0.4 LPM with a few tweaks and fixes thrown in.

EDIT: Let me try and be more clear: this ROM was built off of XXLPM. It was initially tested on the i777 because that happens to be the device I have, but the development of the ROM was exactly the same for both versions. The i777 and i9100 versions are very different. Different modems, kernels, libs, etc. This ROM truly was built for both devices in mind, therefore it isn't a port.

What he means is that what special features or original features does the rom have in order for it to stay in the original development :) for example paranoidandroid, it has the capability of changing per app dpi, from phone ui to a tablet ui etc. Jkay framework which can customize almost everything from the lockscreen to the notification bar. Because if it is just a cooked rom with some features that has been gotten from other devs, it should belong to android development. But i may be wrong, maybe you have something special in the settings you mention on the OP. Good luck on your rom bdw.

Cheers!

Reactions: shishir95

shishir95

Feb 5, 2010
Chantilly
//FM Radio attached.

Please comment with your experiences with Aberration! It'll help me build a better version for the i9100!

Attachments

• Aberration_i9100_Radio.zip
    739.3 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:

legola

Feb 10, 2010
Can I use touchUX and lkewise aosp mms posted in nexus thread? Can I flash them?

shishir95

Feb 5, 2010
Chantilly

xscreations

Mar 17, 2009
Thessaloniki
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Hello,

I wanted to try your rom, so i downloaded the i9100 zip and followed the installation steps and i got installation completed without any problems.
Then i choosed to reboot. The screen showed the Siyah logo, then the phone gave me a sound... and then nothing. Black screen. I have tried again and again but the same result. Maybe i am doing something wrong.

Thanks

shishir95

Feb 5, 2010
Chantilly
For everyone facing the black screen issue, first make sure you're running the i9100 version, and confirm that you wiped data before installing, then try flashing another i9100 kernel before you boot up for the first time. It sounds like the kernel didn't get flashed for some reason. I'll have to do some more digging. If anyone can grab a logcat then i'd appreciate it, although I don't know if the Log service got started after the Siyah screen.

If it still doesn't work, it may not have gotten installed properly. Try going into mounts/storage in CWM and wipe /system, manually do a factory reset/wipe data, and wipe cache as well. That should get everything.

EDIT: If you're getting the sound after boot, that just means the boot animation isn't showing for some reason. Give it five minutes and see if the phone boots up. If so then I'll upload a fix for this when someone confirms that's the issue.

Last edited:

shishir95

Feb 5, 2010
Chantilly
too much bloatware dude.. maybe make a slim version

I don't quite understand what you mean by bloatware, since I allowed you to pick if you wanted to install most of it, and I allowed you to remove bloatware post-install anyways. Can you list some apps that you'd want an option to remove?

I left the phone on black screen after sound nearly for 25 minutes, but the phone didn't boot up :(

:/ Try a different kernel. or any of the other solutions I outlined.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (Click on image above to go to the Aberration website)​

This is a continuation of my previous ShishirROM series of ROMS that started out on Gingerbread 2.3.4, and have evolved and expanded to today, where the latest version of ShishirROM is based off of XWLPG 4.0.3. Aberration is built completely independent of those and the only resemblance to my old ROMs is the dialer, which was an original creation anyways, but at it's heart, it's the next step. The ROM focuses on speed and smoothness and battery life. It incorporates common-sense fixes and ground-breaking features as well as third-party applications that bring something new to the table every time you use them. The ROM was inspired by the old Samsung gingerbread ROMS -- they were stable, fast, and just worked. This ROM manages to bring the same sort of feel back to the table while maintaining an updated look similar to the Galaxy S3 series of phones, and Android's resident Holo design. The Aberration Settings application is an extension of this ROM that lets you change some deeper settings, such as using Lidroid's beautiful 14 Notification Widget Mod instead of the default themed widgets, as well as provide an easier way for users to update to the latest version of Aberration, no matter which model of the Galaxy S2 they're running. This ROM aims to be the ONE ROM that supports every Galaxy S2 phone, and brings them on par with the super-phones coming out later this year. It's an update away from giving your phone four cores, two gigs of RAM, and a 4.8" SAMOLED HD display.

Features:
    • ODEXED (for smoothness)
    • Based on XWLPM
    • Siyah
    • Aberration Settings app
    • Lidroid 14 Quick Toggles
    • AROMA Installer
    • Google Now
    • Lux Auto-brightness
    • Opensource Sensors library (more accurate and faster)
    • Holo/Jellybean inspired styling
    • Apex/GS3/GS2 Launcher
    • GS2/GS3 Music application
    • Easy-Update
    • Samsung Dive
    • Complete development cycle

Directions:
    1. Install i9100 zip in CWM
    2. Wipe Data
    3. Configure installation & install ROM
    4. Reboot
    5. Set-up ROM, download apps, etc.
    6. Reboot again to settle everything

Download Link on the Aberration website. Click on the picture above.

FM Radio if you want it: Here
    I have been really sick and busy so that's why I haven't really been active around the forums. This is caused by the i777 configuration file getting uploaded in the i9100 zip by accident. I'm taking down the i9100 download until 1.3 comes out. The boot-animation problem has been a known problem since 1.1 and will also get addressed in 1.3. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I guess this is what happens when you blindly port a ROM haha. If you're already on 1.2, I'll release a special update to go up to 1.3, and the 1.3 full zip.
    Kindly include aosp mms in v1.3.

v.1.3 is already complete and uploading. You can easily flash AOSP MMS from another package inside XDA. Besides, I think the ability to slide people left and right to call/message them is very useful, as well as messages popping up on the lockscreen. There really isn't a big feature/reason to switch to AOSP MMS for that reason. The Samsung version is just better. Once again, however, you can easily flash it yourself from a package on xda.
    can you please place proper instructions on how to install this rom. its rather confusing, i too had the boot problem and reverted back to rr 3.02.

thanks bro

http://aberrationrom.weebly.com/download.html

I posted a video for you!

What he means is that what special features or original features does the rom have in order for it to stay in the original development :) for example paranoidandroid, it has the capability of changing per app dpi, from phone ui to a tablet ui etc. Jkay framework which can customize almost everything from the lockscreen to the notification bar. Because if it is just a cooked rom with some features that has been gotten from other devs, it should belong to android development. But i may be wrong, maybe you have something special in the settings you mention on the OP. Good luck on your rom bdw.

Cheers!