FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which method you use or find most effective?

method 1

10 Vote(s)
19.61%
method 2

5 Vote(s)
9.80%
method3

8 Vote(s)
15.69%
method4

10 Vote(s)
19.61%
method5

5 Vote(s)
9.80%
method6

13 Vote(s)
25.49%

[GUIDE] Calibrating Battery (Battery Wipe)

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By stempox, Guest on 8th August 2012, 02:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
INTRODUCTION

This thread will be drawn (and the eventual new) ways to perform the so-called "Wipe Battery" or the procedure by which we calibrate the battery of our beloved Android ...

Wipe The Battery does is delete the file "batterystats.bin" which is established among / data / system / .... This file contains all the information "vital" and essential for your battery such as charging the maximum and minimum voltage, the charging time and other info ... this file after it was deleted by this procedure, will be recreated by the system properly ....

WHEN MUST CALIBRATE OUR BATTERY?

1) Always after installing a cooked rom or after the flash of an unofficial firmware.

2) If, after uploading, maybe for a whole night (being disconnected from the charger) our device, we find ourselves with a & abnormal, such as just 99% or so ...

3) If you disconnect the charger from our% battery drops quickly even in standby mode (make sure however that this is due to other causes such .. so many app / widgets running in the background without stopping)

VARIOUS METHODS
- Method 1 -
1. Take the phone to fully discharge.
2. Try to restart, if this happens, do it again to shut down for lack of battery.
3. Load the phone from off preferably a whole night or in any case a long period.
4. Turn on the phone with the charger plugged in and then peel it off.
N.B.Non requires the Root.

- METHOD 2 -
1. Completely drain the phone.
2. Get into recovery mode (if you can not do for lack of battery, connect the phone to the charger).
3. Follow the path to Advanced -> Wipe battery stats and confirm.
4. Go back and restart (or follow the path Go Back -> Reboot system now).
5. Allow to fully charge the phone up to 100% (preferably overnight or at least a long period) and then fully discharge it until it shuts off., Without connecting it to the PC to its charger during this period.
NBBisogna ClockworkMod recovery & Root have installed.

- METHOD 3 -
1. Charge the phone to 100% (with the phone turned on) preferably overnight or at least a long period.
2. Leave the phone connected to the charger and turn it off.
3. Let it load again for 10/15 minutes (again without disconnecting from the charger) in practice you will see the full charge or written% to 100%.
4. Entering Recovery Mode (always without disconnecting from the charger) and follow the path Advanced -> Wipe battery stats and confirm.
5. Restart (or follow the path Go Back -> Reboot system now).
6. Wait until the entire system is charged, then unplug it from the charger.

- Method 4 -
1. Download the app from the market called battery calibration
2. Charge your phone turned on preferably overnight or at least a long period.
3. When the phone is fully charged and then to 100%, unplug, open the program and click Battery Calibration.
4. Now you can disconnect the phone.
5. And 'suggested by the creator of the app (but not necessary) to leave the phone will download after recalibrating the battery, then just leave it off and recharge it fully up to 100% with no breaks ...
N.B.Bisogna have permission to install Root.

- METHOD 5 -
1. Turn off the phone.
2. To fully charge the phone, preferably a whole night or in any case a long period.
3. When the battery is fully charged and scored 100% unplug your phone and remove the battery.
4. Wait for 90 seconds exactly (really must be precise, wait exactly 90 seconds.)
6. Replace the battery and turn the phone.
NBNon are required they will ClockworkMod Root recovery.

- METHOD 6 -
1. Charge the phone from off to 100%.
2. When the display reads 100% off the plug and start it directly in recovery mode
3. In recovery mode follow the path Advanced -> Wipe battery stats and confirm.
4. Use the phone until it shut off by itself
5. Restart (or follow the path Go Back -> Reboot system now).
6. Upload it altogether and just use

IMPORTANT
And 'recommended (but not required) to run the Wipe Battery 2/3 times in a row, this to ensure a perfect and true calibration ...

FINAL CONSIDERATIONS
The various methods described above, are merely the result of a careful search on XDA, and consequent comments given by the various users who have tested ..

As often happens some procedures may be incorrect or not effective .. but you still leave users the right to know and taste to try .. and if you like you can bring your Feedback .. or annotations and maybe point out new ways .. which will be added with much pleasure to those already existing.

I then decided to add a poll .. where you can vote, so that we understand which of the following methods is the most used and most effective

CAUTION:
These procedures / methods are not as risky, or may cause serious damage to your device, but may still be dangerous if not done properly .....
As usual ...... we do not assume any responsibility for possible negative

8th August 2012, 04:01 PM |#2  
Flag All Your Base
Thanks Meter: 777

Donate to Me
More
Sorry to break your spirit, but Googles developers have confirmed that wiping battery stats does nothing... It has been mentioned several times here on XDA.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
stempox
8th August 2012, 04:11 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1988

Sorry to break your spirit, but Googles developers have confirmed that wiping battery stats does nothing... It has been mentioned several times here on XDA.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

are not of this notice
8th August 2012, 05:05 PM |#4  
Flag All Your Base

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stempox

are not of this notice

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-battery-life/
The Following User Says Thank You to se1988 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift se1988 Ad-Free
27th September 2017, 09:24 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1988

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-battery-life/

Sorry to revive a 5yr old thread but I had to. What would you suggest a person to do when their phone is absolutely NOT resetting the calibration? My sons phone was saying it was at 4%. I put his battery in my phone and it said 51%. I find it very interesting that it is claimed that clearing battery stats will do nothing when there is a 50% discrepancy in the battery from phone to phone. On a 100% charge, his phone lasts less than 6 hours with bare minimal usage. (I.E. turning it on long enough to check the time and such non draining functions.) The phone is doing this with 2 batteries. It simply is NOT calibrating them properly which I would say would debunk the debunkers claims. Before you say it may be the batteries, No. I have used both of them in my phone, both last me a little over a day from 100% charge and I actually use mine as a mobile hotspot as well as various drain causing functions. Swap it into his phone, less than 6 hours and phone says 2%. The batteries are both brand new with less than 2 weeks usage on them. I believe I would go with the battery stats wipe than put up with this broken calibration garbage or some person claiming he debunked this so called myth.
28th September 2017, 09:53 AM |#6  
Flag All Your Base

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattmann

Sorry to revive a 5yr old thread but I had to. What would you suggest a person to do when their phone is absolutely NOT resetting the calibration? My sons phone was saying it was at 4%. I put his battery in my phone and it said 51%. I find it very interesting that it is claimed that clearing battery stats will do nothing when there is a 50% discrepancy in the battery from phone to phone. On a 100% charge, his phone lasts less than 6 hours with bare minimal usage. (I.E. turning it on long enough to check the time and such non draining functions.) The phone is doing this with 2 batteries. It simply is NOT calibrating them properly which I would say would debunk the debunkers claims. Before you say it may be the batteries, No. I have used both of them in my phone, both last me a little over a day from 100% charge and I actually use mine as a mobile hotspot as well as various drain causing functions. Swap it into his phone, less than 6 hours and phone says 2%. The batteries are both brand new with less than 2 weeks usage on them. I believe I would go with the battery stats wipe than put up with this broken calibration garbage or some person claiming he debunked this so called myth.

Well, it won't help. Unless your son use the phone for gaming (that would drain in <4 hrs) the phone is broken. I would RMA it ASAP.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)