172 posts
Thanks Meter: 99

Post Reply Email Thread
20th February 2016, 12:17 AM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereniemis

With my phone (SGS4) I had problem with the phone connector, I ordered the micro USB to HDMI cable but the connection between phone and cable wasn't good, whenever I picked up the phone from table the connection was lost, so I've bought on ebay new "phone connector" for me it is http://www.ebay.com/itm/291639915722...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
for 5$ and the cable works flawlessly. Maybe the problem can be also there, but I would start with resoldering the cable

If I had to change the phone connector, I think I could hardly find one as my phone is quite rare...

Anyway, I resoldered the cable and bought a new usb-ethernet adapter, it looks like it works perfectly well now I am pleased, I really wanted it, it's like I have a second computer now. I wonder if some day the phone makers will be nice enough to add such a simple and useful possibility. But maybe too many people prefer wifi, unfortunately.

21st February 2016, 06:58 PM |#152  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sativa123

If I had to change the phone connector, I think I could hardly find one as my phone is quite rare...

Anyway, I resoldered the cable and bought a new usb-ethernet adapter, it looks like it works perfectly well now I am pleased, I really wanted it, it's like I have a second computer now. I wonder if some day the phone makers will be nice enough to add such a simple and useful possibility. But maybe too many people prefer wifi, unfortunately.

Good job!
7th April 2016, 02:46 PM |#153  

More
I have an Onda V711 clone using AMLOGIC 8726-MX CPU. I tried to use OTG and charge in same time but without luck. I tried using resitor between pin 4 of microUSB and GND using values from 0 Ohm ti 100 KOgm, but it did not work.
Until around 10 K OTG works, but no charge, after OTG not works anymore but it charge. I assume something should be changed in the kernel as well, but I have no idea what and also don't have firmware source for this tablet .
The firmware is 4.1.1
Does anyone have luck with AMLogic tablets?
9th July 2016, 08:10 PM |#154  

More
I know this is an old thread, but I've found this for my dell venue 8 pro.

http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/acces...tails/470-abes
24th September 2016, 09:57 AM |#155  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi. I want to add GPS dongle to my Ulefone Be X (chinaphone, android 4.4.2) and charge at the same time. I have read this thread i got me a variable resistor and some usb cabels and determined that at a value of 32kohm -> 100kohm - charges and at a value of 0kohm -> 31kohm USB OTG is active. I have to mention that the two states are not simultaneous. When charging starts otg stops.

Isn`t there a filme in the android system wich defines at what resistence it charges and at what resistence its otg?

Thank you!
1st May 2018, 12:12 PM |#156  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Work on Redmi Note 3 Pro (Kenzo), im using (100k) potentiometer, manual adjusted until get charge and otg at same time.
The problem is power, only get arround 200mA. And stop charging at 47% batt. I'll try using 2 power input, hope it will fully work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RenChon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RenChon Ad-Free
2nd May 2018, 01:17 PM |#157  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Yap, now i can fully charge my phone, but still slow. Maybe better to use resistor, i have no idea about electronic part. How to check my current potentiometer value? I only have cheapest multimeter.
4x port usb hub - 500mA input.
Phone - stock charger.
7th May 2018, 08:20 AM |#158  

More
This video shows how to make an OTG + Charging with a Micro USB. Is it possible to make the same thing with a USB Type-C ? My phone has an OTG-host function, so it should work. I just don't understand how to make for a USB-C. Thanks!

youtube.com/watch?v=pH895umr0UA&t=8m43s

//
4th February 2019, 09:47 AM |#159  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Nothing of that worked for Huawei MediaPad T3 10

Is it only for specific devices?
4th February 2019, 03:00 PM |#160  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote: