FORUMS

[Request] PDF unlocker [SOLVED]

779 posts
Thanks Meter: 100

By justin94, Senior Member on 9th August 2012, 12:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
OK so I've searched and searched and have come up short all over the place. I'm looking for a program or app that bypass or allows me to edit a PDF file so that I can read it. The files I want to read are for my school. I have a password for them but no programs allow me to view them on my tablet. I want to be able to read them on the go. Any help at all will be much appreciated

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
9th August 2012, 02:15 PM |#2  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 391

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin94

OK so I've searched and searched and have come up short all over the place. I'm looking for a program or app that bypass or allows me to edit a PDF file so that I can read it. The files I want to read are for my school. I have a password for them but no programs allow me to view them on my tablet. I want to be able to read them on the go. Any help at all will be much appreciated

Can't you just remove the password on your computer then transfer it to your tablet?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
9th August 2012, 02:49 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Tried that, it still wants me to unlock it

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app
9th August 2012, 06:19 PM |#4  
Flag West Long Branch, NJ
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin94

Tried that, it still wants me to unlock it

You can't remove the password with a pdf reader. Adobe Acrobat allows you to remove the password and make the change permanent. Of course, Acrobat is not free. However, the pdf reader/viewer you are using should be prompting you to enter the password. Once entered, you should be able to view the file. Worst case? Download Adobe's own reader app from the play store.
9th August 2012, 06:33 PM |#5  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 391

More
Maybe try this program http://www.pdfpasswordremover.com/
9th August 2012, 09:00 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly1812

You can't remove the password with a pdf reader. Adobe Acrobat allows you to remove the password and make the change permanent. Of course, Acrobat is not free. However, the pdf reader/viewer you are using should be prompting you to enter the password. Once entered, you should be able to view the file. Worst case? Download Adobe's own reader app from the play store.

Yea. I downloaded the trial version and when I went to copy everything it had a watermark all over it that said JOKA. so it didnt work

9th August 2012, 09:00 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaf

Maybe try this program http://www.pdfpasswordremover.com/

I'll try this when I get to my computer later

9th August 2012, 09:08 PM |#8  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 67,511

Donate to Me
More
Ezpdf reader

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
9th August 2012, 10:48 PM |#9  
Flag West Long Branch, NJ
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Your original post stated that you wanted to be able to read the pdf files. I've got password-protected files on my phone and tablet. Installed the Adobe reader app on both and it works like a champ. Yes, if you really want to edit and modify pdf files then you do need to look elsewhere. Not trying to bust your chops, but you need to be more exact in your post so your time and others are not wasted.
9th August 2012, 11:39 PM |#10  
Flag Valladolid
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly1812

Your original post stated that you wanted to be able to read the pdf files. I've got password-protected files on my phone and tablet. Installed the Adobe reader app on both and it works like a champ. Yes, if you really want to edit and modify pdf files then you do need to look elsewhere. Not trying to bust your chops, but you need to be more exact in your post so your time and others are not wasted.

+1 adobe reader works fine for me when reading password-protected files
10th August 2012, 05:00 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
It has to do with the DRM security of it. So found this program a couple of weeks ago and never got it to work properly as far as being able to unlock the book called PDF factory. It was a simple matter of print to file using adobe and printing to the program. Then it opens in PDF factory reader and I save as. It is a free trial version so it leaves a tiny watermark with a link to their website at the bottom of each page.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)