FORUMS

[QA][4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for Galaxy 3

214 posts
Thanks Meter: 111

By Anandababu153, Senior Member on 10th August 2012, 07:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Here we can talk about CM10/JB

Here you can post Questions/Bugs about CyanogenMod 10 for Galaxy 3 developed by Marcellusbe

Only Rule - Do not ask for ETA. We all are excited about this port, yet please be patient.

Will try to keep it updated frequently.

Please stop posting your Question in the DEV thread to keep it clean.

Working
- SDcard
- openfimg
- Wifi
- Vibrator
- Sensors
- GSM (need to disable pin code)
- Screenshot
- Sound
- Internet connection
- Deepsleep kernel panic
- Bluetooth (big thanks to pmanian!)
- DSPManager
- UMS
- Mobile data
- backported xt_qtaguid and xt_quota2 for data usage stats (Data usage) - I feel thats a little buggy. Please confirm

Non Working
- Camera
- Video codecs
- Battery statistics
- Location services
- GPS
- USB Tethering
- Ring Tone looping (i.e The incoming call will play the ring tone only once)
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Anandababu153 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Anandababu153 Ad-Free
10th August 2012, 07:27 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Thumbs up
Downloads

Minimal JB Google apps - 26-July-2012 (Google Now not included) - Thanks to butler1233

App2SD
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anandababu153 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Anandababu153 Ad-Free
10th August 2012, 07:28 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Lightbulb Google Now
Google Now

Its a kind of work around to get your google search bar with "Google Now cards", but without voice.

Install Titanium Back up, remove the existing search application.
Install the new Google Now attached here (thanks to ilievski.ace) Just copy this to your sdcard and open it
Open the application, just give next,next ....

When it ask for you to signin click "No, may be later" something like that...
Now you will be able to get the Google Now cards, results without voice , but Im not sure what and how its happening ...

You have to type the commands in the search bar but who wants to type them here instead of in the app

Working
Remind me in *** minutes - Set the alarm in *** mins
Weather in *** - Gives the weather card
math calculations - Gives answer
How old is *** - Give age with image
Send text to (number) message ****

Not Working
Note to self - Not Working - Able to sense the action, but fc in the end.
Call ***
Send text to (contact name like mummy) message ***
Send email to

Will update this post if i get more info on how to get Offline Voice Keyboard.
I believe Google Now depends on some libs and other stuff apart from the apk, will try to find out and update here
The main prob may/will be the system free space, GoogleNow, Offline voice Keyboard these stuffs requires a load of space
Attached Files
File Type: apk GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.45 MB, 268 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anandababu153 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Anandababu153 Ad-Free
10th August 2012, 07:39 AM |#4  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandababu153

Reserved again

good one ....
10th August 2012, 08:51 AM |#5  
Flag HELL
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Will Kelly bean run smooth on our phone is it possible , or do we definitely need 3.4 kernel for jb to run smoothly on our phone

Sent from my GT-I5800 using xda app-developers app
10th August 2012, 09:28 AM |#6  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 972

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudersanmurthy

Will Kelly bean run smooth on our phone is it possible , or do we definitely need 3.4 kernel for jb to run smoothly on our phone

Jb is running pretty smoothly. Of course, kernel 3.4 would Be beter.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubensollie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rubensollie Ad-Free
10th August 2012, 09:29 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:

Hillbeast is working hard to port 3.4 kernel to our device, as he stated 3.4 is no where near to use.
Marce is right now porting it using CM7 kernel. We can get a smooth JB, but not the smoothest, take it with a pinch of salt there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anandababu153 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Anandababu153 Ad-Free
10th August 2012, 11:48 AM |#8  
Flag HELL
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Can I know who are the devs helping marcel with jelly bean

10th August 2012, 12:11 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:

Can I know who are the devs helping marcel with jelly bean

I hope, once marcel able to provide a "Flash-able build" he would add the credit list and Dev-list.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anandababu153 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Anandababu153 Ad-Free
10th August 2012, 12:57 PM |#10  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 23

More
When devs use ths samsung kernel for developing, they have to change the ROM source code extencively to work with the kernel. Also many features like data usage manager and bluetooth strongly rely on kernel, and needs more than just kernel or ROM modification to make it work.
For bluetooth, samsung had very different ROM and KERNEL working together and was engeneered by the devs as they had all the code and knew the system.
On other hand, our devs don't have access to the whole source, and can't make the perfect ROM.
once the kernel 3.x Project is finished, the standard drivers in android will be more usefull.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RohMish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RohMish Ad-Free
10th August 2012, 03:20 PM |#11  
Flag Bidar
Thanks Meter: 364

More
I guess marcel is quite busy these dayz... imho the working list is good enough for the rom to be released to the public.. but after all its marce's project and he is more experienced. Anywayz, does any one know what is planned to be fixed before the first release. Cause the working list is now the same as ics (except mobile data) so being on ics now is not worth as we have better.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10 for g3, cm10 for galaxy 3, jb for g3, jb for galaxy 3

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)