Smart WiFi Toggler is an application designed to control your phone's WiFi using location based rules. Its aim is to conserve battery and minimize data charges by turning WiFi off when not connected to a network, and turning it on when a known hotspot is present. It constantly learns where your hotspots are located to make its decisions.
It's a very useful application if you frequently forget to turn WiFi off when leaving a hotspot, or if you want to automatically switch from mobile data to WiFi to conserve battery whenever you're back into a hotspot.
Hope you enjoy using Smart WiFi Toggler as much as I enjoyed building it!
*** I am happy to add support for more languages. If you are willing to help with the translation, please drop me an email. Thanks. ***
- Automatically learns your WiFi hotspot locations.
- Turns WiFi off when disconnected from WiFi network.
- Automatically turns WiFi on when near a known hotspot.
- Uses your network location. No GPS battery drain.
- Provides the ability to control "auto-connect" behavior for each hotspot.
- Ability to lock WiFi to a disabled state.
- Warning notification and auto-locking WiFi when a hotspot is down.
- History and logging, in addition to a view of what is going on under the hood.
Market Link (Still on 2.2.10): Click here
Bug report & Questions:
Any questions you have or bugs you would like to report, you may post it here or contact me on the app's developer email. I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.
- Brand new UI.
- Performance tweaks.
- Bug fixes.
- Added Spanish, Hungarian, Hebrew, Japanese, and Turkish languages. Thanks to Carlos Filoteo, Laszlo Horvath, Yev Gavrikov, Kayoko Sawada, and Fikret Sadak!
- Added a new statistics screen.
- Better toggler accuracy for devices with a barometer.
- Added Danish, Traditional and Simplified Chinese language support. (Thanks to nodjack (xda), Bryan Yang and Eclipse!)
- Ability to change the app's language from the settings.
- Replaced Tips with an online FAQ.
- Google Analytics to help improve the app.
- Bug fixes.