[MOD] 15 Toggles in ICS blue for the AT&T S3 plus Tether Bypass and Bluetooth Tether

282 posts
Thanks Meter: 545

By electron73, Senior Member on 13th August 2012, 11:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys,

I now ported the 15 toggle mod with blue toggles and blue battery icon to the AT&T S3 (WanamLite ROM).
I did exactly the same for the Verizon S3 last week, so since I now have the AT&T S3 as well, I thought I liked both to look very similar, so I imported the mod here as well and made a couple of small changes to how the carrier logo is displayed (In the dropdown like Verizon, NOT in the status bar)

Since I am running the WanamLite ROM 1.2, my ZIPs here work right out of the box for that ROM and for any UCALG1 ROM for that matter (you might lose existing status bar/battery icon theming though!). Statusbar and Toggles will look exactly like my screenshot.

Toggles with theming for WanamLite 1.2:
http://electron73.org/XDA/S3/wanam12..._4_Wanam12.zip

Wifi tether entitlement check bypass and added bluetooth tethering for WanamLite 1.2:

Removal of the pesky ongoing WIFI notification in the dropdown:

The tethering bypass completely removes the entitlement check from the built in stock WIFI hotspot feature, so it can be used freely via the regular menu switch (usually pops up a message asking for separate subscription) or the blue 15 toggle WIFI AP switch. No more need to use a separate
app for the hotspot. I always found the internal one more stable and turns on/off faster.
Newest version also completely deletes the TetheringManager.apk which is responsible for the entitlement check and tethering management.
So I would assume (NO guarantees, of course!) that this is the best way to tether without AT&T knowing.
My personal advice, especially for unlimited plans: Use occasionally and in moderation or pay for the official feature!

As always: Flash at your own risk! IF you like it, PLEASE massage that THANKS button for me
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached is a screenshot of the result on my phone.

Credits go to:
lidroid, wanam for the original toggle code and AndroidGX for the i9300 version
There is a guide on how to modify the lidroid-res.apk by wanam here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1570703
Thanks to Vlara for the excellent guide on how to kick that WIFI notification out for good. Original Thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1784615
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to electron73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift electron73 Ad-Free
13th August 2012, 11:30 AM |#2  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 55

More
So this will only work with wanam? Or will it work in the new leaked lh1 stock?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
13th August 2012, 03:03 PM |#3  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 210

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedolo9y

So this will only work with wanam? Or will it work in the new leaked lh1 stock?

This.

13th August 2012, 03:19 PM |#4  
Flag Somerset, ky
Thanks Meter: 153

More
Good to see u electron love ur work on the note

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to JB calhoun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JB calhoun Ad-Free
13th August 2012, 03:20 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Seems to be working fine with Diet ICS....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-08-13-09-13-02.jpg
Views:	1773
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	1258696  
13th August 2012, 04:01 PM |#6  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Not working.on the new lh1 leak

13th August 2012, 05:32 PM |#7  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,924

More
OP... Which xml(s) in the systemui was edited for the 15 toggles? Just wanted to compare it to my custom systemui. Thanks.
13th August 2012, 07:12 PM |#8  
Flag DC/MD/VA
Thanks Meter: 620

More
Works perfectly on Blazer. Thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RampageRR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RampageRR Ad-Free
13th August 2012, 08:11 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Will this work on stock UCLG1 or only deodexed roms?

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
14th August 2012, 02:24 AM |#10  
Retired Forum Moderator
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,196

More
great job on this electron. Looks EXACTLY how I like(not much of a green fan) really dig the blue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
14th August 2012, 03:32 AM |#11  
Flag D.C
Thanks Meter: 215

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftks

OP... Which xml(s) in the systemui was edited for the 15 toggles? Just wanted to compare it to my custom systemui. Thanks.

its not in systemui its lidroid.apk. I think it is in res/layout/ ?power_widget_button.xml?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)