FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What DPI you want the ROM to be?

Stock 240dpi

10 Vote(s)
32.26%
Tweaked BlackICE 200dpi

21 Vote(s)
67.74%

[ROM][PORT][26-9-12] -=BlackICEv1.60=- [2.3.7][CM7.2][STABLE2]

2,844 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,559

Post Reply Email Thread
Thread available at rirozizo.blogspot.com

hi, this is my first port of a rom... ever. i'm not a dev, i'm just a junior porter... or KANG.......er

some info about this rom:
-ported from here: Original ROM's description is in this link.
-changed kernel to EliteKernel, thanks to Nik3r.

What is BlackICE?
Quote:

►BlackICE is a CyanogenMod derivative; modular, extensible and dark... Very dark
►Heavily tweaked to boost battery life and performance, fine tuned for Desire HD and Inspire 4G
►All the great features of the LordModUE kernel
►This is an open project, we accept cooperation and patches
►You can build your own BlackICE

Friendly Advice
Quote:

►If you are flash BlackICE over a different (not BlackICE) ROM a full wipe / factory reset is required
►Remember Mom's advice: brush your teeth everyday and take the 5 minutes to backup before flashing

Basic features
Quote:

►CyanogenMod v7.2 (Release Candidate) built from source with custom patches (DHD's description, base was latest stable CM7.2 build from DZ)
►LordModUE latest CFS - tuned up OnDemand governor by default ►►using EliteKernel
► Source modifications from original CyanogenMod - it may include home made patches still not released for general public.
► SysTune free -
►►See discussion thread. You should consider buying full version from market
► gapps-20110930 base including gtalk with camera support ►►please flash Gapps after flashing this ROM.
► Market app downgraded to v2.3.6 by default ►► Believe, you want this. Faster and cleaner.
► Nice looking! - default 200 lcd density, that means more space for you apps and widgets. ►►240... answer the poll and i may make it 200.
► Zeam Launcher by default
► Auto zipaligner script from boot - thx LeeDroid
► Tweaks and customizations and extensions via ICETool v1.00
► Lots of small tweaks from boot
► Torch camera from lock screen - MIUI style - long press home to turn on / off the light
► BlackICE Original feature- BLN!!! (Black Light Notifications)
► Autorun.txt file for customization from flash

download here: (mirrors are welcome)
Extra apps includes:
Quote:

►►In Data

►ADW Launcher
►Adobe Reader
►Calendar
►Antivirus
►GPS Status
►Google Maps
►Google Reader
►Google Translate
►Google Unveil
►Google Music
►Google Youtube
►Tmobile Themes
►Font Changer
►Tapatalk
►Wallpapers
►ADW Themes
►Log Colloector
►ICS Launcher
►Make Your Clock

►►In System
►Androidian
►Cyanbread
►Live Wallpapers
►Magic Smoke Wallpapers
►Visualization Wallpapers

You can spereately install the desired apps by downloading the package and extract the apk you want.
if you want the whole package, it's flashable also, this flashable zip removes the older versions of the installed apps.

PLEASE NOTE: for dropbox links, please press the "add this to my dropbox" button, so that traffic doesn't kill my account... and you can easily mirror it

NOTE: please flash Gapps afterwards or you'll run into trouble installing some apps.
Quote:

for some reason, if i didn't have google maps installed i get this error while restoring Viber from TB:

Code:
09-12 17:16:23.549: E/PackageManager(1445): Package com.viber.voip requires unavailable shared library com.google.android.maps; failing!
09-12 17:16:23.549: W/PackageManager(1445): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.viber.voip-1.apk

so PLEASE FLASH GAPPS

Screenshots:

thanks to:
Peteragent5 with his Porting Guide
Chezbel and his team for the ROM, and permissions.
Nik3r for his Kernel
HTC for the phone
microsoft for windows :P
Google for Android
Cyanogen team for their CM
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rirozizo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rirozizo Ad-Free

13th August 2012, 12:48 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag wonderland... soon

Donate to Me
More
Changelog:

Code:
STABLE2 (26/9/2012):
MAJOR UPDATE:-fixed icetool (partially, entering "system" force closes the app... but it works).
MAJOR UPDATE:-added extra apps zip file.
-fixed backlight being too bright.
-tested and confirmed that Kbeezie's sd-ext/dataswap mod works (needs full wipe).
-one more thing: i can make the phone faster by removing CPU rendering (tested), but it has a small impact on battery. please tell me if you want CPU rendering removed.

STABLE1 (12/9/2012):
-Fixed issue related to installing apps.
-removed proximity recalibrator.
-implemented EliteKernel (Thanks Nik3r)
-busybox issues should be gone.
-fixed ICETool.

test2 (24/8/2012):
-implemented stock CM kernel from latest CM7.2 stable build
-fixed cam
-fixed keyboard
-fixed bootloops, but there's a chance you'll get it... Sometimes

test1:
-first release
-issues: hw keyboard not working, maybe screen orientation too, camera not working, bootloops
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rirozizo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rirozizo Ad-Free
13th August 2012, 03:01 PM |#3  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 366

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riro Zizo

reserved

You have two threadds for the same rom?
13th August 2012, 03:02 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag wonderland... soon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawmetal

You have two threadds for the same rom?

i deleted the other one, it was an xda bug

———————————————————
pm me if you need any app... ANY app
13th August 2012, 03:28 PM |#5  
Flag Nederland
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Something a bit differant!......I will gladly test, as for fixing things I'm not gonna be much help.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to jacklc000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jacklc000 Ad-Free
13th August 2012, 03:30 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag wonderland... soon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklc000

Something a bit differant!......I will gladly test, as for fixing things I'm not gonna be much help.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using xda premium

thanks for the support! please test and report bugs, even if the bugs you encountered are the same as the ones i reported.

———————————————————
pm me if you need any app... ANY app
14th August 2012, 10:31 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag wonderland... soon

Donate to Me
More
ok so now i'm trying to fix the camera problem, and i'm implementing EliteMOD kernel into the ROM.
hopefully i can get to a stable ROM.

i got it to work with EliteMOD kernel, but the cam still crashes the ROM when i enter it... any idea?

logcat when entering cam (filtered in warn and errors):
http://pastebin.com/KYUFgU6g

also keyboard doesn't work.

please help me! this is my chance to learn!
14th August 2012, 12:08 PM |#8  
Flag Grand Rapids, Mi
Thanks Meter: 385

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

ok so now i'm trying to fix the camera problem, and i'm implementing EliteMOD kernel into the ROM.
hopefully i can get to a stable ROM.

i got it to work with EliteMOD kernel, but the cam still crashes the ROM when i enter it... any idea?

logcat when entering cam (filtered in warn and errors):
http://pastebin.com/KYUFgU6g

also keyboard doesn't work.

please help me! this is my chance to learn!

When the camera crashes upon entering the app on EliteMod, nik3r's suggestion was to go into Manage App, click the camera app, force close if it's running, and then wipe data/cache and retry it. For me that worked under elitemod.

Far as the keyboard *shrug* you may be missing some keymap files if this was porting from a completely different device. ie: under /system/usr/keylayout should be some *.kl files with keymappings to the hardware keyboard, however I wouldn't the faintest on how to make it 'enabled' under the hood.
14th August 2012, 12:23 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag wonderland... soon

Donate to Me
More
thanks on the keyboard, i copied the layouts, and will be testing soon. as for camera, the app ite=self doesn't crash, but the whole ROM hot reboots.. there is a major problem in the cam.

EDIT: i've replaced the Camera.apk and removed MiuiCamera.apk
let's see what happens
14th August 2012, 12:39 PM |#10  
Flag Grand Rapids, Mi
Thanks Meter: 385

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

thanks on the keyboard, i copied the layouts, and will be testing soon. as for camera, the app ite=self doesn't crash, but the whole ROM hot reboots.. there is a major problem in the cam.

EDIT: i've replaced the Camera.apk and removed MiuiCamera.apk
let's see what happens

Yea was going to say, you may have to use a camera app that was designed to work with the Cyanogenmod kernel (or an offshoot of it for the Desire-Z), and not the one ported since that was specific to a different device.
14th August 2012, 12:49 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag wonderland... soon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeezie

Yea was going to say, you may have to use a camera app that was designed to work with the Cyanogenmod kernel (or an offshoot of it for the Desire-Z), and not the one ported since that was specific to a different device.

well... it's actually ported from the DHD, so not much of a difference... but still: why is this happening?

EDIT: tested with the layouts, it didn't work, and the screen orientation was in portrait.
camera hot rebooted the phone too... PLEASE HELP!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, blackice, cm7, port

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)