[RECOVERY] HighOnAndroid v1 Unofficial ClockworkMod Recovery Touch 6.0.1.1

Search This thread

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
12%2B-%2B1

I've put together an unofficial ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.1.1 until Koush adds to ROM Manager, tested working for all features except SD card mount. Working on the latter at the moment.

UPDATE: This recovery does work for both GT-N8000 (3g version) and GT-N8013 (wifi version), just confirmed. (8/16/2012)

Notes:
v1 - Touchscreen is a bit if when you have to scroll, please use the volume buttons for scrolling otherwise you may get accidental presses.

Changelog:

v1 - Everything working except SD card mount. You can backup/restore/ROM to internal or external SD card and other CWM features functional.

Flash this in ODIN or Heimdall:
Download HighOnAndroid v1 ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.1.1

Also, here's stock recovery you can flash in ODIN or Heimdall to revert (and get OTA updates):
http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/GalaxyNote10.1/recovery/N8000_StockRecovery.tar

311628_10151012061487568_1864268696_n.jpg

Credits:
Of course to Koush! I used his builder then hacked graphics.c + other files to make it work.

Last edited:

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
I noticed it does not actually backup system.img on my device, nor did any of my attempts from the clockworkmod builder site either. It says it, but skips over in reality. This will be important to fix if indeed it is not backing it up...

EDIT: Nevermind... I guess the system.img was hiding from me :)

Last edited:

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
Where can I find the backup? From my Tab 10.1 I was used to find it in clockworkmod on the sdcard...

It's in your clockworkmod/backup directory. Now, with the new CWM, it stores backups as pieces of files under clockworkmod/blobs directory. This saves a ton of time when doing multiple backups as "blobs" store bits of your filesystem so when doing similar backups, it's not going to backup everything again.

Make sure you copy the whole clockworkmod folder to hard disk for moving though due to this new blobs feature. Your backup folder sizes might be much smaller because of this blobs thingee.

TungstenM

Nov 6, 2011
Roma
I tried flashing with odin following the procedure on the video and with heimdall also, but when I boot in the recovery there is the stock one...both odin and heimdall say the flash is successful and the binary count increases...I also of course tried downloading the recovery again...any suggestions?

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
I tried flashing with odin following the procedure on the video and with heimdall also, but when I boot in the recovery there is the stock one...both odin and heimdall say the flash is successful and the binary count increases...I also of course tried downloading the recovery again...any suggestions?

Did you do:

Code:
heimdall flash --recovery recovery.img

Reactions: taylor400

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
There is still no clean return-to-stock package available for the N8013: Could someone who has installed this recovery and NOT rooted their device or made any other modifications to /system please go into recovery, change the backup format to tar (it's in the backup/restore menu), and do a backup? Then please post system.ext4.tar

That will get us a stock unmodified system (including proper permissions and such), which can then be rooted and flashed in Odin to get stock unmodified kernel/recovery images. Unlike the N8000, the N8013 does not yet have a stock image available anywhere.

Droidcarp

Jun 26, 2010
London
Zedomax......greatstuff...root access on the N8010 no problem at all

....................................................................................................

Entropy512

Will try to do this now... But it'll be N8010.

Ive got the file for the N8010 on my desktop, but XDA isnt letting me upload the file keeps failing - any thoughts?

Dc

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
There is still no clean return-to-stock package available for the N8013: Could someone who has installed this recovery and NOT rooted their device or made any other modifications to /system please go into recovery, change the backup format to tar (it's in the backup/restore menu), and do a backup? Then please post system.ext4.tar

That will get us a stock unmodified system (including proper permissions and such), which can then be rooted and flashed in Odin to get stock unmodified kernel/recovery images. Unlike the N8000, the N8013 does not yet have a stock image available anywhere.

Just use this bud:
http://stockroms.net/file/GalaxyNote10.1/rooted/N8013/StockROMs.net-GT-N8013RootInjectedSystem.zip

And remove /system/xbin/su and /system/app/Superuser.apk

Other than those two files, it's completely stock I pulled off my stock N8013.

I could reupload it but it would be the exact same thing as removing the two files.

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Just use this bud:
http://stockroms.net/file/GalaxyNote10.1/rooted/N8013/StockROMs.net-GT-N8013RootInjectedSystem.zip

And remove /system/xbin/su and /system/app/Superuser.apk

Other than those two files, it's completely stock I pulled off my stock N8013.

I could reupload it but it would be the exact same thing as removing the two files.
That does the trick. So far I only saw your N8000 dump. .tar would be preferable due to permissions issues, but that issue is fixable with a little bit of time.

I did the same thing with I777... Right now the only RTS packages I have are rooted ones since it's so easy to remove. I really should reupload 100% clean packages (I used to have them, and then the MegaUpload fiasco killed ALL the damn mirrors and I haven't gotten around to reuploading...)

Edit: Oh, it's a zipped-up .tar - misleading, I usually name those either .tar.7z (using 7-zip to compress) or just .tar.gz or .tar.bz2 (standard compressed tarballs)

Last edited:

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
That does the trick. So far I only saw your N8000 dump. .tar would be preferable due to permissions issues, but that issue is fixable with a little bit of time.

I did the same thing with I777... Right now the only RTS packages I have are rooted ones since it's so easy to remove. I really should reupload 100% clean packages (I used to have them, and then the MegaUpload fiasco killed ALL the damn mirrors and I haven't gotten around to reuploading...)

Edit: Oh, it's a zipped-up .tar - misleading, I usually name those either .tar.7z (using 7-zip to compress) or just .tar.gz or .tar.bz2 (standard compressed tarballs)

Well, I am just waiting for samfirmware to upload some official images, rather enjoy some of my note 10.1 first for awhile, it's pretty fascinating device, I've never used a tablet for a long time before getting this one, makes my life more productive. Yeah, what's up with Megaupload, that move by feds should have been illegal.

greenzkool

Aug 18, 2012
Huntersville
I have a few questions about root and I was hoping someone could help. I am fairly new to rooting. I have a galaxy nexus that i use CWM Recovery and have root. I need to root my Note but I am not familiar with the binary counter (all is a little different than the nexus was). If I Flash this CWM recovery and root after will the binary counter increase? is the only way to prevent binary counter to inject root? (all CWM will cause it to increase?)
I know i am a noob but any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I have a few questions about root and I was hoping someone could help. I am fairly new to rooting. I have a galaxy nexus that i use CWM Recovery and have root. I need to root my Note but I am not familiar with the binary counter (all is a little different than the nexus was). If I Flash this CWM recovery and root after will the binary counter increase? is the only way to prevent binary counter to inject root? (all CWM will cause it to increase?)
I know i am a noob but any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Flashing a recovery or kernel image in Odin will cause the binary counter to increase.

Flashing it using dd or Mobile Odin from a rooted system will not make it increase.

So the "safest" way to root is currently to flash that root-injected system image linked a few posts above, as it's fully unrootable and won't trigger the counter.

I have visitors most of this weekend so won't be able to do much work - once I get my kernel source tree properly set up I'm going to work on getting TriangleAway working on this device.

Reactions: greenzkool

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    12%2B-%2B1

I've put together an unofficial ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.1.1 until Koush adds to ROM Manager, tested working for all features except SD card mount. Working on the latter at the moment.

UPDATE: This recovery does work for both GT-N8000 (3g version) and GT-N8013 (wifi version), just confirmed. (8/16/2012)

Notes:
    v1 - Touchscreen is a bit if when you have to scroll, please use the volume buttons for scrolling otherwise you may get accidental presses.

Changelog:

v1 - Everything working except SD card mount. You can backup/restore/ROM to internal or external SD card and other CWM features functional.

Flash this in ODIN or Heimdall:
    Download HighOnAndroid v1 ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.1.1

Also, here's stock recovery you can flash in ODIN or Heimdall to revert (and get OTA updates):
    http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/GalaxyNote10.1/recovery/N8000_StockRecovery.tar

311628_10151012061487568_1864268696_n.jpg

Credits:
    Of course to Koush! I used his builder then hacked graphics.c + other files to make it work.
    reserved

reserved
    Where can I find the backup? From my Tab 10.1 I was used to find it in clockworkmod on the sdcard...

It's in your clockworkmod/backup directory. Now, with the new CWM, it stores backups as pieces of files under clockworkmod/blobs directory. This saves a ton of time when doing multiple backups as "blobs" store bits of your filesystem so when doing similar backups, it's not going to backup everything again.

Make sure you copy the whole clockworkmod folder to hard disk for moving though due to this new blobs feature. Your backup folder sizes might be much smaller because of this blobs thingee.
    On this Recovery there are some special options. This are for what, please?

On Backup and Restore:
    - free unused backup data
    - chose backup format
    - delete from external sdcard
    - create image zip.

Thanks

This recovery has a new feature that allows incremental backups. Files are not stores in a few large tarballs but instead put in a big blob folder. When a backup is deleted, it is just like your standard file system where only references are removed, not the actual data. However the unereferenced data is still present, and may need to be cleaned up or your backup folder will endlessly grow each time you make a new backup.

So for your queries,
    - remove unreferenced data after having removed a backup
    - switch between tar and incremental formats
    - delete a backup done on ext sd
    - create a flashable zip based on your current rom

Sent from the Great Note (5.3")