[Discussion] What would be your next phone after SGR ?

Search This thread

parmarket

May 15, 2012
Thane/Mumbai
OnePlus One

Hi SGR family, I almost forgot to update here.

I had made my mind to buy either OPO or Mi4 whichever releases first. But coincidentally I dropped SGR and screen got shattered :(. OPO release date was 1 week away so had to use Nokia Asha 200 for a week :silly:. Finally managed to get OPO invite on release date and quickly picked it.

Like every smartphone OPO felt incredible at first. It felt light compare to its dimension when I picked it first time. Performance is snappier and smooth but not as smooth as Nexus 5 with Lollipop. What I loved most is double tap to wake, you just can't leave without it after you use it once. Camera is average, I hope they make it better through s/w updates. Battery is beast. It's big phone still manageable.

I wanted to try stock ROM for a month and today I surfed XDA for OPO Lollipop ROM, just flashed it, L is more smooth.

Finally I want to thank eveyone of you who has contributed to SGR forum for all these years to keep our device beast enough to fight :)

I am thankful for XDA SGR family for inducing Flashing-madness in me :laugh::silly:

aaa839

Jul 23, 2012
anyway if anyone who may not use gsr anymore in the future time
would you mind to donated your devices to karithik @

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

There was already a public demonstration months ago.

Sent from my D816w using XDA Free mobile app

Oh yeah my timeline is actually lagging behind.... They are having a pilot project for market entry in February 2015....
But still... It will take at least a year for general public(not the geeks) accessibility...

~via MotoG

We will know more info about the selling at the next few weeks in DevARA

rbanavara

Mar 21, 2014
Root it and Install Xposed Framework, if on 4.4.4 and use GravityBox add on...
If on Lollipop, it has a different scenario altogether...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I am not planning to root this soon... This is not a developer edition (XT1052). Unlocking voids the warranty. For now I will get used to how it works...

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Hi SGR family, I almost forgot to update here.

I had made my mind to buy either OPO or Mi4 whichever releases first. But coincidentally I dropped SGR and screen got shattered :(.

I am thankful for XDA SGR family for inducing Flashing-madness in me :laugh::silly:

Even I dropped my SGR and smashed the screen :( I switched to moto X 2013. You can still use the SGR probably testing out ROMs. I am still using the SGR with a bluetooth mouse. You can also use a normal USB mouse with OTG adapter.

Note: For bluetooth mouse, I have connected an extra mouse to linux mint PC and using hidclient to make it appear as bluetooth mouse!

I beleive we may be able to flash new ROM as well, esp with philz recovery as the keys work with that...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd recommend not to change to iPhone. Our phone has a long life support now that we have CM10 and will definitely have 4.2 as soon as it gets released. Our screen is much bigger and the phone has very good specifications in all fields.

@Vikesh: You don't need iTunes anymore for music. My friend, H2CO3 created libipodimport which allows users to add songs to iPod directly without iTunes. It's an amazing project, check it out if you have a jailbroken iDevice.

Sent from my GT-I9103 with CM10
    well i have planned to stick to SGR until it totally breaks :D

well my requirement is
    > atleast dual core SoC with good class GPU (i love gaming)

> screen must be between 4 to 4.5 inches (i hate big phones like note/s3 they are very uncomfortable to carry in pockets)

> screen should be LCD or AMOLED not based on pentile matrix, i prefer LCD as they are having high brightness and great outdoor visibility.

> good dev support

> and main important thing is that SoC is made by companies like TI, Samsung, Snapdragon who releases their proper sources. it will probably wont be having nvidia SoCs.

> next device will be 90% samsung as that phones doesnt comes with locked bootloaders and after rooting we can still claim warranty by just resetting counter and flashing stock rom :cowboy:
    I won't get another phone in a while. Especially now that we have ICS and the needed stuff for JB. Great!
    Mine would be an iphone 5:D

Apple sucks :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sent from my CM7.2 powered Galaxy R using Tapatalk 2.
    I'll continue as a buyer of samsung phones as long as it keeps making such great products at fairer price tags...

Why wud i spend 40k whn i cn enjoy everything a phone can offer at just half of tht.....?

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk

Everything?
    U get much much more than crappy iphones at half of price.
    And the great example is our SGR ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Royale using Tapatalk 2.