[ROM] HighOnAndroid "TrainWreck" ROM v0.2 for Galaxy Note 10.1![GT-N8000][App2SD]

Search This thread

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
[ROM] HighOnAndroid "TrainWreck" ROM v0.2 for Galaxy Note 10.1![GT-N8000][App2SD]

A1XXzLACYAAGOJk.jpg:large

Hey Galaxy Note 10.1 users!

I wanted to share my current ROM "in the works", it's not complete yet (and probably never will be) but this is a personal ROM I based off the stock ROM and adding new features as we go long.

I used to do a lot of ROM reviews, and this ROM is "noob-friendly" and designed for people who want to experience custom ROMs without losing stock features.

If you are a "purist" and want CM9/CM10, you are probably not going to like this ROM, just wait until another developer/Cyanogen/AOKP Team makes a ROM for you.

It's a custom ROM with focus on couple things:

1. Keeping TouchWiz, so you get all features of stock ROM like S-Pen.
2. Adding new cool features one baby step at a time.
3. Listening to users and improving upon every version update. I am trying to remove some of the bloatware (let me know which ones you absolutely think should be removed) and also add more features (let me know what features you absolutely think are necessary).

*WARNING - You assume ALL responsibility by flashing this ROM, I will not be responsible if anything happens to your Note 10.1!

Features:
- Based off Stock European XXALG5.
- Custom Bootanimation support (place bootanimation.zip in /system/media folder)
- App2SD support (When you have a microSD inserted, it will swap your microSD and internal storage on boot. To disable, simply take out microSD card during boot and insert after booting.) If you are doing this the first time, you might want to contents of your internal storage to microSD card to keep app data. This allows you to use up to 64GB for app storage instead of 16/32GB it comes with.
- Google Now
- Speed tweaks for 3G/HSPA+/WiFi
- Power saving features
- Graphic acceleration for your photos/videos
- Deodexed/Zipaligned
- More coming soon!

ChangeLog:
v0.2 Added App2SD support, Jelly Bean Animations.
v0.1 Custom Bootanimations, GoogleNow, speed tweaks for 3G/HSPA+/WiFi, power saving features, and graphic acceleration so your photos/videos should be higher quality.

Installation Guide:
- Easy install, just flash in ClockworkMod Recovery!
- No factory reset/wipe needed if coming from a stock ROM. (You can always do that after installing ROM if you have problems.) Do a factory reset though if you are coming from CM9/CM10/AOKP!
- No Cache/Dalvik Cache wipe needed, it's built into the ROM.
- PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ROM BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ROM! It makes like much easier when you can do a one-click restore ROM in CWM Recovery. Backing up your ROM will backup all your settings and apps.

*Note - This ROM is for GT-N8000! Please do not flash on GT-N8013 the wifi version, I will make another version for it soon.

highonandroid-trainwreck-rom-galaxynote10.1-690x432.jpg

Downloads and ROM Details:
http://rootgalaxynote.com/galaxy-note-10-1-roms/highonandroid-trainwreck-rom-for-galaxy-note-10-1/

See a quick video overview:
http://androidroot.org/watch_video.php?v=4NMORBXN9GGM

Credits:
cajunflavoredbob for Google Now

Thanks to Donations: (You don't have to donate but thanks if you did! Makes me more motivated I guess,will try harder!)
jamesheryanto

Last edited:

kloodee

Nov 24, 2005
Many thanks for making this alive, the device is just amazing, fastest tablet, many nice multitasking features,

Will try your rom, just wondering if this increases the binary?

Sent from my N-8000 using xda app-developers app

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
Many thanks for making this alive, the device is just amazing, fastest tablet, many nice multitasking features,

Will try your rom, just wondering if this increases the binary?

There's a way to not increase binary, if you use the ODIN injection method to get root then push the recovery image using DD. I will have instructions up for that soon unless u know how.

Reactions: wwjoshdew

kloodee

Nov 24, 2005
Appreciate it, i will fiqure it out, thanks again bro !

DrADP

Apr 17, 2012
Great rom. Thanks. I've only used ipads before. Screen on battery drain is huge. Also, where do i find google now

DrADP

Apr 17, 2012
Hi again zedomax, i have a few issues with root eg. Titanium wont do full backup, i cant multizelect and delete with root explorer, every now and then it seems i lose root (tasker reboot function wont work on occasion) . Is this a note or root problem?

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
Hi again zedomax, i have a few issues with root eg. Titanium wont do full backup, i cant multizelect and delete with root explorer, every now and then it seems i lose root (tasker reboot function wont work on occasion) . Is this a note or root problem?

Did you try turning off System app backup for Titanium app? Probably just an issue with the app, it happens to me all the time too.

DrADP

Apr 17, 2012
Yes. Its a problem backing up system apps. I never had that problem with note 5.1

Jip-Hop

Nov 13, 2010
Amsterdam
Just a question.
Within the first minute of the video, when you start S-Memo, it says:
"Syncing Notes"
What does it sync to?
My Galaxy Note N7000 does not have an auto sync feature and I hate doing manual syncs/backups.
Thanks.

ai-inc

Jul 2, 2011
S-Planer Widget

Is the S-Planer widget still bound to the stock Touchwiz Launcher ? I'm using ADW and I'd love to use that widget on it but Samsung managed it that in ADW it won't show up in the widget list :(

Kikouyou

Sep 28, 2006
I should get my N8000 on Monday and will flash your ROM

Thanks for your great work!

Eric
Galaxy N7000 Netcore V13 Rocket V10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

A1XXzLACYAAGOJk.jpg:large

Hey Galaxy Note 10.1 users!

I wanted to share my current ROM "in the works", it's not complete yet (and probably never will be) but this is a personal ROM I based off the stock ROM and adding new features as we go long.

I used to do a lot of ROM reviews, and this ROM is "noob-friendly" and designed for people who want to experience custom ROMs without losing stock features.

If you are a "purist" and want CM9/CM10, you are probably not going to like this ROM, just wait until another developer/Cyanogen/AOKP Team makes a ROM for you.

It's a custom ROM with focus on couple things:

1. Keeping TouchWiz, so you get all features of stock ROM like S-Pen.
    2. Adding new cool features one baby step at a time.
    3. Listening to users and improving upon every version update. I am trying to remove some of the bloatware (let me know which ones you absolutely think should be removed) and also add more features (let me know what features you absolutely think are necessary).

*WARNING - You assume ALL responsibility by flashing this ROM, I will not be responsible if anything happens to your Note 10.1!

Features:
    - Based off Stock European XXALG5.
    - Custom Bootanimation support (place bootanimation.zip in /system/media folder)
    - App2SD support (When you have a microSD inserted, it will swap your microSD and internal storage on boot. To disable, simply take out microSD card during boot and insert after booting.) If you are doing this the first time, you might want to contents of your internal storage to microSD card to keep app data. This allows you to use up to 64GB for app storage instead of 16/32GB it comes with.
    - Google Now
    - Speed tweaks for 3G/HSPA+/WiFi
    - Power saving features
    - Graphic acceleration for your photos/videos
    - Deodexed/Zipaligned
    - More coming soon!

ChangeLog:
    v0.2 Added App2SD support, Jelly Bean Animations.
    v0.1 Custom Bootanimations, GoogleNow, speed tweaks for 3G/HSPA+/WiFi, power saving features, and graphic acceleration so your photos/videos should be higher quality.

Installation Guide:
    - Easy install, just flash in ClockworkMod Recovery!
    - No factory reset/wipe needed if coming from a stock ROM. (You can always do that after installing ROM if you have problems.) Do a factory reset though if you are coming from CM9/CM10/AOKP!
    - No Cache/Dalvik Cache wipe needed, it's built into the ROM.
    - PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ROM BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ROM! It makes like much easier when you can do a one-click restore ROM in CWM Recovery. Backing up your ROM will backup all your settings and apps.

*Note - This ROM is for GT-N8000! Please do not flash on GT-N8013 the wifi version, I will make another version for it soon.

highonandroid-trainwreck-rom-galaxynote10.1-690x432.jpg

Downloads and ROM Details:
    http://rootgalaxynote.com/galaxy-note-10-1-roms/highonandroid-trainwreck-rom-for-galaxy-note-10-1/

See a quick video overview:
    http://androidroot.org/watch_video.php?v=4NMORBXN9GGM

Credits:
    cajunflavoredbob for Google Now

Thanks to Donations: (You don't have to donate but thanks if you did! Makes me more motivated I guess,will try harder!)
    jamesheryanto
    School is in session!

I bought a GT-8013 today and decided to take a look around at what was out for the device. Not too much, but I happened to see you had a ROM for the 8000 and I wanted to take a peak at what you were doing. Since the mods list was pretty short, I assumed you pretty much just used the kitchen for pretty much everything...

You may wanna take a look at some of the tweaks that you're doing to the ROM. Some of them just aren't necessary and some just don't work. Seems you're just copying and pasting things into build.prop and not modding things properly...

#system tweaks
    #Forces your home launcher into memory
    ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1

Doesn't work on ICS and, in fact, hasn't worked on anything past GB.

#Change the Dalvik VM heap size
    dalvik.vm.heapsize=100m

That value is already set in build.prop, better to not modify it after the fact and just modify it in place.

#To make the phone ring faster when dialing out
    ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=800

Phone? Yeah...

#Render UI with GPU
    debug.sf.hw=1

Hardware acceleration is already built into ICS and this shouldn't do anything that isn't already being done.

I feel that as a "dev" you should know things like this and should be a little more into your "development" instead of doing "one hit wonder" things for 3,000 devices with 3,000 different websites. Just my opinion :good:
    zedomax, any chance that you specify the hacks you did (to possibly implement them without replacing the whole rom)?

For Google Now, you can, flash this:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29756226&postcount=2856

For custom bootanimation, rest u will have to flash ROM.
    reserved

reserved
    That's too bad

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda premium