FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to root Samsung Galaxy GT I5510

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By kushals, Junior Member on 14th August 2012, 06:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

This is my first post on XDA developers.

I own a Samsung Galaxy GT I5510 mobile. Here are the other details.

Model Numer GT-I5510
Android version 2.2
Kernel version 2.6.32.9-perf
Build Number FROYO.DDJK4

My phone is running very slow and its very sluggish.

Can anyone please update me the procedure of HOW TO ROOT THIS MOBILE..???

14th August 2012, 01:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
download the app z4root from android market. and use it to root your phone...try permanent root option.

Alternatively you can google and download superOneClick application for windows version 1.6.3.
and run the application connect your device to pc via usb cable (go to settings-> applications -> development -> enable usb debugging ; check the option to allow usb debugging).
then just click on root option that you would get on super-one -click application window.
The Following User Says Thank You to imetal1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift imetal1 Ad-Free
16th August 2012, 07:17 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you for the reply.

Can you please suggest me some custom ROM for the above mobile since my cell is working too slow...
16th August 2012, 02:37 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushals

Thank you for the reply.

Can you please suggest me some custom ROM for the above mobile since my cell is working too slow...

we have the same phone. There are 3 rom that i know that will work with the phone. ARKAS, CM7, CM9

I use cm7 because cm9 have more bugs than cm7 you can go to the site of willing magic cybrix.pl he is the man behind the cm ..
19th August 2012, 05:18 AM |#5  
Flag Davao city
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imetal1

download the app z4root from android market. and use it to root your phone...try permanent root option.

Alternatively you can google and download superOneClick application for windows version 1.6.3.
and run the application connect your device to pc via usb cable (go to settings-> applications -> development -> enable usb debugging ; check the option to allow usb debugging).
then just click on root option that you would get on super-one -click application window.

so how to flash custom roms for this unit?
19th August 2012, 11:59 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
google out any custom roms for your device.....generally all the customs roms can be flashed through CWM recovery.

1. first install CWM recovery on your device.

2. download the custom rom ( in .zip format)

3. put the custom rom in the root of sd card.

4. boot into recovery -> choose apply update frm sd card -> select update frm card -> choose the custom rom nd select the yes option.

after it installs just wipe the data and chache frm the recovery (you ll have the option there)

and restart your device....wow!!! U R DONE.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy-551

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)