[Tool][Aroma]:Mega Wipe:Super Wipe:Factory Reset:Simple Wipe::For Flashaholics

Search This thread

zoot1

Jul 17, 2011
Navi Mumbai
onurface.blogspot.in

I have been addicted to flashing new ROMs almost every other day on my DesireZ. On moving to SGS3, I started searching for a flashable zip that will do an extensive wiping for me without bothering me with wipe Data, wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik etc.

I thought I will make one for myself. now that I have made and used it, I want to share it with others.

There are 4 zip files:
1) MegaWipe
2) SuperWipe
3) SimpleWipe
4) Factory Reset

All 4 serve different purposes.:confused:
  1. Megawipe: Use this zip to completely format your phone. It will delete everything in your phone and will bring it to bare bones. After it install any ROM for a fresh experience without any conflicts with in the frame work.It deletes the Data, Cache, System and Preload partitions of your internal memory. So Beware!
  2. SuperWipe: This is a simple factory reset and you can use it to move from one ROM to another without bothering about framework conflicts.It deletes the Data Folders and Cache partitions of your internal memory.
  3. Factory Reset: Use it to do a Factory Reset, which wipes your Data partition, Cache Partition and Dalvik Cache. It will delete everything on your Internal SDcard.
  4. SimpleWipe: A simple wipe is as the name suggests a Simple Cache and Dalvik wipe. You can use it to clear the said partitions before updating to a newer version of your ROM. Also, You can use it before you have flash a new ROM.
Also, I have read questions on how to completely wipe the phone..the MegaWipe zip will do it for you..just have a ROM to install on the ExtSdcard when you use it..
Requirements: You need to have
1. CWM Recovery installed
2. Busybox installed
How to use:
Just copy the required zip to your External SDcard and reboot into CWM recovery. Install the zip and you are good to go!:good:
Credits
Kryten2k35 for the Scripts - Thank/Donate to him here

Last edited:

zoot1

Jul 17, 2011
Navi Mumbai
onurface.blogspot.in
What's the benefit of that? Any differences to how CWM is wiping?

In CWM you have to manually do it by clicking 3 buttons..many of us forget to do it..and later when some apps crash..they dont know why..
This is one click utility which will do your work without bothering you which partitions to wipe..

watsa

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2011
Markham
Good work :good:

I hope not many people come here complaing that I flashed megawipe now my phoneisnotworking

zoot1

Jul 17, 2011
Navi Mumbai
onurface.blogspot.in
Just asking after flashing mega wipe and then you reboot instead of flashing new rom, phone should get soft brick? If system and data appz were wiped? :)

After a MegaWipe you will not have a system to boot to..so please dont flash it untill you are quite sure what you want to do...have a ROM to flash at hand so that the system partition is recreated so that you can boot into it...:good:

Pyrolectic13

Jun 29, 2010
You have to be a pretty hardcore flasher and/or pretty lazy to need this.
I am both so thank you for the hard work. Will definitely make use of this often!

Reactions: zoot1

croatia1

Nov 22, 2011
ZD
Sounds interesting! But if I make a MegaWipe, will all my files(music, pictures..) be deleted?

Pozdrav
Croatia1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have been addicted to flashing new ROMs almost every other day on my DesireZ. On moving to SGS3, I started searching for a flashable zip that will do an extensive wiping for me without bothering me with wipe Data, wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik etc.

I thought I will make one for myself. now that I have made and used it, I want to share it with others.

There are 4 zip files:
    1) MegaWipe
    2) SuperWipe
    3) SimpleWipe
    4) Factory Reset

All 4 serve different purposes.:confused:
    1. Megawipe: Use this zip to completely format your phone. It will delete everything in your phone and will bring it to bare bones. After it install any ROM for a fresh experience without any conflicts with in the frame work.It deletes the Data, Cache, System and Preload partitions of your internal memory. So Beware!
    2. SuperWipe: This is a simple factory reset and you can use it to move from one ROM to another without bothering about framework conflicts.It deletes the Data Folders and Cache partitions of your internal memory.
    3. Factory Reset: Use it to do a Factory Reset, which wipes your Data partition, Cache Partition and Dalvik Cache. It will delete everything on your Internal SDcard.
    4. SimpleWipe: A simple wipe is as the name suggests a Simple Cache and Dalvik wipe. You can use it to clear the said partitions before updating to a newer version of your ROM. Also, You can use it before you have flash a new ROM.
    Also, I have read questions on how to completely wipe the phone..the MegaWipe zip will do it for you..just have a ROM to install on the ExtSdcard when you use it..
    Requirements: You need to have
    1. CWM Recovery installed
    2. Busybox installed
    How to use:
    Just copy the required zip to your External SDcard and reboot into CWM recovery. Install the zip and you are good to go!:good:
    Credits
    Kryten2k35 for the Scripts - Thank/Donate to him here
    @zoot1
    As agreed by PM here is the link to the zips updated to work with latest kitkat-aware recoveries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dpmrowq4tw0o4es/6XlpHRo88z

I updated the update-binary executable with one compiled on KitKat and made some light modifications but still I can't get'em working on latest TWRP without some harmeless but nasty error messages at end. I consider this to be a bug in the recovery so I PM'ed @Dees_Troy about this and I am considering to file a regular bugreport to the site too. Latest Philz Touch is giving the same errors but more correctly it hides them to the user, just writing them to the log. They are harmeless as I said but scaring to the user!

Anyway, the zips works as intended on both Philz Touch (so they should work the same on CWM I guess but I didn't try) and TWRP.

I suggest you to write at big and red letters in the OP to not use TWRP to flash these until the problem with that recovery is cleared, I guess users don't want to see messages like these after a simple Factory Reset:
    E:error opening '/data/media'
    E:error: no such file or directory
    What's the benefit of that? Any differences to how CWM is wiping?

In CWM you have to manually do it by clicking 3 buttons..many of us forget to do it..and later when some apps crash..they dont know why..
    This is one click utility which will do your work without bothering you which partitions to wipe..
    Updated the AROMA Installer

Should be working now..

All Scripts in one package :good:
    sorr is for me "yes"?thanks and sorry

Yes.. You can put your phone in download mode after mega wiping it.. Press and hold volume down +power+home after the wipe..

sent from here, there, somewhere!!