FORUMS

Are there any FM Radio apps for android?

133 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By dstarfire, Senior Member on 15th August 2012, 04:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th August 2012, 05:18 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstarfire

Are there any working FM radio apps for the android?

The stock rom for my Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 includes and FM radio app. However the custom rom I installed did not include one, and searching the app market has revealed only a ton of apps that stream radio from the internet (seems every radio station in the country has their own app), and a tuner app that can't even launch without crashing itself.

very useful thanks
29th August 2012, 06:01 PM |#12  

More
TuneIn Radio is a good app
TuneIn Radio is a good app.
The pro version allows you to record even if you are not listning.

Pretty Cool.
29th August 2012, 06:12 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Angry Win
Ya there are lots of them
29th August 2012, 08:04 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 235

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oopewan

Yeah, the internet radio apps won't help you there. You need to have a phone that has FM tuner program. These programs use the headphones as antennas to absorb the radio waves. This isn't something you can download. My experience with these has been poor in the past.

So, it appears the GS3 has radio FM tuner support. The program is $10, though, so I'm not sure I want to try it based on the limited feedback I've read so far. I think I'll check and see if my MP3 player has support and just stick with two devices for now, one for music, one for communications.
22nd November 2012, 04:10 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBauman

So, it appears the GS3 has radio FM tuner support. The program is $10, though, so I'm not sure I want to try it based on the limited feedback I've read so far. I think I'll check and see if my MP3 player has support and just stick with two devices for now, one for music, one for communications.

I found this app works for my phone. If you're sure your phone has a Tuner this should work..
Attached Files
File Type: apk FmRadio.apk - [Click for QR Code] (323.2 KB, 15549 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to challenged21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift challenged21 Ad-Free
22nd November 2012, 05:58 PM |#16  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2

More
FM App
Quote:
Originally Posted by challenged21

I found this app works for my phone. If you're sure your phone has a Tuner this should work..

I know this one ain't free, and it isn't a native tuner...but it has really helped my life over the years. It's called "Nobex" and somehow you can tune in like every radio station in the country once you get the app. It's $1.99 I think on Google Play, and has a crappy gui, but well worth the cost unless I'm missing a free option somewhere.

Joe
TRY futz.me (search for it in Google since I can't post a link here)
22nd November 2012, 06:48 PM |#17  
Flag Northbrook
Thanks Meter: 579

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandlinekid

I know this one ain't free, and it isn't a native tuner...but it has really helped my life over the years. It's called "Nobex" and somehow you can tune in like every radio station in the country once you get the app. It's $1.99 I think on Google Play, and has a crappy gui, but well worth the cost unless I'm missing a free option somewhere.

Joe
TRY futz.me (search for it in Google since I can't post a link here)

Nobex is free, just searched in Google Play

Sent from my DROID2 using xda premium
20th December 2012, 02:39 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:

does not work under Jelly_Kang v.1.9 (4.1.1) - FC
Besides this I think, the creator of this thread is looking for a FM radio app like Spirit FM and not for a streaming or Internet Radio App.
TuneIn and Nobex stream the Radio FM signal over network and this is not the same like a real FM radio app, which can be used without data connection
The Following User Says Thank You to lavemetoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lavemetoo Ad-Free
20th December 2012, 03:14 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 168

More
Quote:

It's not working under Huawei Honour CM 10. Honor has a Tuner and and in stock Rom there is a Tuner App but that neither works.

Gruß Alex

Per Huawei Honour mit Subraum-Modul aus der Pegasus-Galaxie transmissiert.
11th January 2013, 11:04 AM |#20  

More
Thumbs up Best Fm Radio App For Android
Check out these two FM radio apps that you can use on your smartphone without the need to connect to the internet.

Audials Light 10 Freeware
Last.fm Scrobbler 1.5.4.27091

Thanks
24th January 2014, 06:30 PM |#21  
Flag Lesencetomaj
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrie.melton

Check out these two FM radio apps that you can use on your smartphone without the need to connect to the internet.

Audials Light 10 Freeware
Last.fm Scrobbler 1.5.4.27091

Thanks

These are not working offline!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)