FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM]HighOnAndroid ROM v.0.3! [Custom Bootanimation][JB Animations][App2SD]

1,217 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,882

Post Reply Email Thread

Hey Galaxy S3 users!

I wanted to share a ROM I am starting to build, it’s in its infant stages(notice version 0.3) so this ROM isn’t for everyone.

I wanted to build a ROM for especially for noobs, for those of you who are just getting into the game. I do receive a ton of emails from noobs being totally disappointed after trying advanced ROMs like CM9/CM10. But those custom ROMs aren’t always meant for noobs and beginners who are just getting into Android rooting and ROMs so I wanted to build a ROM that gives you extra features without sacrificing stock ones so they can slowly transition to other great custom ROMs already here on XDA.

Anyways, if you have any suggestions and you are a total boob and want certain features added/removed, let me know and will work on the next versions.

Thanks!

Video overview of v0.3 here:
http://galaxys3root.com/verizon-gala...axy-s3-app2sd/

Features

- Built off Stock ROM (USB Kies and everything else works from stock)
- Jelly Bean Boot Animations
- App2SD Hack (Allows you to use 32GB/64GB app storage!)
- Custom Bootanimation
- Google Now
- GREAT battery life, no weird heating issues.
- Init.d Support
- Hacked Native Wifi hotspot
- USB Kies support
- 4-way reboot
- Speed tweaks for WiFi
- Power saving features
- Graphic acceleration for your photos/videos
- Deodexed/Zipaligned
- SuperSU
- More coming soon! (Let me know what you really want!)
- I left all bloatware on for now (slowly removing one by one, please tell me which one you think absolutely isn’t needed)

ChangeLog
v0.3 Added Init.d support for kernel and App2SD Hack
v0.2 Added Custom Bootanimation support, Hacked native wifi tether/15 toggles blue menu (Thanks to electron73!), 4-in-1 reboot menu (Thanks to scrosler!), and init.d support with insecure kernel (thanks to scrosleragain!)
- Removed some bloatware: Kindle, MyVerizon, and Yahoo widgets. Will keep removing more slowly.

v0.1 Based off Stock VRALF2, Jelly Bean Animations, GoogleNow, speed tweaks for WiFi, power saving features, and graphic acceleration so your photos/videos should be higher quality.

How to Install
From v.0.2 and on, YOU MUST HAVE AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER! Unlocking bootloader is easy, please see video tutorial here if you don't know how.

Download:
http://galaxys3root.com/highonandroid-galaxy-s3-rom/

To change boot animation, download your favorite boot animation at http://AndroidBootAnimation.com, then use ES File Explorer, enable Root Explorer and Mount in settings, and place bootanimation.zip in /system/media directory.

*Note – This ROM is for NOOBs and for those of you who want to stay stock but get better performance/features over stock ROM.

P.S. I support the noobs. We were all once noobs asking the dumbest questions in the world, no there’s no such thing as a dumb question, that’s how you get smarter. Without noobs, we wouldn’t have any experts.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to zedomax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zedomax Ad-Free

15th August 2012, 09:06 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco, CA

Donate to Me
More
reserved
reserved
15th August 2012, 09:13 PM |#3  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Dayton, TX
Thanks Meter: 3,904

Donate to Me
More
1st

Thanks Zedo!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
15th August 2012, 09:13 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,401

More
How about you create a rom called "Butt Naked" and strip all bloatware. List the removed bloatware on startup and allow the user to pick and choose the bloatware they want to install. I had a rom on my ASUS Prime that did exactly this.
The Following User Says Thank You to TechBSwift For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TechBSwift Ad-Free
15th August 2012, 09:25 PM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,768

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2swizzle

How about you create a rom called "Butt Naked" and strip all bloatware. List the removed bloatware on startup and allow the user to pick and choose the bloatware they want to install. I had a rom on my ASUS Prime that did exactly this.

How about you quit spamming dev threads with this and make a general thread

You're 2/2 now that I've seen.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1ManWolfePack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 1ManWolfePack Ad-Free
15th August 2012, 09:30 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 501

More
Just a heads up...we don't have HSPA+ in this neck of the woods
The Following User Says Thank You to bobloblaw1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bobloblaw1 Ad-Free
15th August 2012, 09:41 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblaw1

Just a heads up...we don't have HSPA+ in this neck of the woods

Oops typo while copying and pasting some features from ATT version, fixed!
15th August 2012, 10:03 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,401

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManWolfePack

How about you quit spamming dev threads with this and make a general thread

You're 2/2 now that I've seen.

This is not spam, I'm giving the devs ideas. Both scoot and zedomax asked how they could make roms better and what bloatware users wanted. If you knew better most devs use features from other roms.. why does everyone have to be a dick in these forums. I was just throwing out ideas......

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TechBSwift For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TechBSwift Ad-Free
15th August 2012, 10:10 PM |#9  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 156

Donate to Me
More
I support the aroma idea. Aroma installers are awesome. Can be kind of much for new comers though not knowing what to pick. I don't think it suits this rom very well. Something like getting the ota installer implemented would be good for this. And possibly a spot on Google manager or rom toolbox which installs the ROM for them with little to no interactions. That might be hard for an up and new rom like this though. I know nothing of the process for any of that.

15th August 2012, 10:21 PM |#10  
Flag Detroit,MI
Thanks Meter: 251

More
can any one explain to me what speed tweaks for WiFi is?, I'm kinda a noob.... i thought my WiFi worked fine? and before anyone says i have shouldn't be asking those questions in this thread, before i download this rom i want a little clarification of what that particular tweak does?
15th August 2012, 10:31 PM |#11  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,768

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2swizzle

This is not spam, I'm giving the devs ideas. Both scoot and zedomax asked how they could make roms better and what bloatware users wanted. If you knew better most devs use features from other roms.. why does everyone have to be a dick in these forums. I was just throwing out ideas......

You've posted the exact same thing in several development threads today. Basically you have an idea for a rom and want developers to cater to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to 1ManWolfePack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 1ManWolfePack Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
highonandroid rom, sch-i535

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)