- You Device must be rooted!
- You should be running a custom recovery like ClockWorkMod Recovery (CWM) or Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP). I use CWM 6.0.
- You should run any ICS or CM9 Rom that doesn't have any changes in google apps, if you use this on Gingerbread you risk bricking your phone!
- You should follow the instructions to the end.
Recovery [Flashable Zip]:
- Download the Offline/Online package. [Link below]
- Put it into your SD card.
- Boot into recovery [Turn off your phone, hold Volume Up and Down+ Home Button + Power Button. [After the "Samsung" logo shows up count to 3-4 and let go]
- In CWM, go to "Install zip from SD" and select that.
- Next, highlight "Choose zip from SD card" and select it.
- Scroll down to the Google Now zip you copied into your SD card and then select it.
- Scroll down and select the option that says "Yes - Install Google Now....zip"
- Once it's done select the "Reboot System Now"
- Download The Google Now Apk. [Link below]
- Open up Root Explorer and go to your downloaded apk.
- Rename the apk to "GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk"
- Now go to [System - App] mount R/O and rename "GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk" to "GoogleBackUp.bak"
- Now copy the downloaded apk [The one you renamed to "GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk"] to [System - App]
[QUOTE][LIST][*]23/2/2012L4 - lenny_kano's version 4 - This is identical to the M7 file below, except the apk has been edited to allow you to download your own language files. This means that there is no online or offline version. Download the zip, and flash it. If you already have Google Now installed, you will need to remove it first before installing this version.
[*]19/8/2012 M7 - mikeyxda's version 7. This version improves on M6 by tweaking notifications to be more accurate and frequent. This version may use more battery.
[*] 8/8/2012 M6 - Mikeyxda's version 6. This version has improved on the previous one by fixing the double take problem, typed searches are working, auto launch is fixed, as well as the following fixes from the previous version: Red mic with cards showing with no refresh needed, no FCs, offline dictation, and no stretched words.
- L4 19/8/2012 :
- Flashable zip
- Language Note: Some supported languages doesn't support commands just voice search.
- SC = Support Commands
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Bahasa Melayu
- Cehz Republic
- English [SC]
- Ningizimu Afrika
- SC = Support Commands
- Navigate to "New York"
- Directions to "New York"
- Take me to "New York"
- Alarm and Reminder
- Note to self "Say hi"
- Set Alarm for "4 hours"
- Remind me to "Walk my dog" "for 2 hours"
- What's the weather like
- What's the weather like in "Italy"
- Will I need a jacket today?
- What is the weather [today/ tomorrow/ specific day] in [location]?
- Do I need an umbrella [today/ tomorrow/ specific day]?
- Call & [contacts name]
- Text & [contacts name] + [message]
- Send email to [contact name]& [subject] & [message]
- Play [artist]
- Play [song]
- 1 x 3
- 10 + 28
- 21 % 7
- How many inches are in ___ feet
- almost any math problem
- Question and Holidays
- What is the population of "Croatia"
- How long is "Jim Carry"
- How old is "The President of US"
- How high/tall is the "Empire State Building"
- What was/going to be "Ester"
- What time it is
- What date is it today
- What timezone is [location] in?
- Definition of "Life"
- What does "Happy" mean.
- Define "Lose"
- What is the National Anthem of [country]
- What is the capital of [state or country]
- What language is spoken in [location]
Open [website's name & domain [.com, . net]]
Browse to [website's name]
- Note.1: I suggest downloading the Offline package, because it worked better then the Online package.
- Note.2: The supported languages doesn't support commands just voice search.
]Please support me by clicking the Thanks Button!
Original Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1747224