[Kernel / boot.img / STOCK][8/22] - V3 ** Unsecured** VRALG1 kernel with init.d

29,124 posts
Thanks Meter: 66,534
 
By Scott, Retired Recognized Developer on 16th August 2012, 05:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
As the name implies this the unsecure stock kernel boot.img

You can use the adb remount command to push files to system now!

YOU MUST HAVE AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER FOR THIS! See here for more info: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=317


If you dont know what this then it may not be for you. This is more so developers can use in there ROMS.


No need to ask to use it, just give credit if you do.



Download HERE
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
16th August 2012, 05:27 AM |#2  
Scott's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 66,534
 
Donate to Me
More
Chang Log


v3 - Corrected incorrect adbd in /sbin for proper colors when using screen capture while in Dalvik Debug Manager.

v2 - Added Lib folder for that need it.
16th August 2012, 05:28 AM |#3  
Nopi45's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lawton
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
New clean ROM soon then?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
16th August 2012, 05:29 AM |#4  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Hidden Hills
Thanks Meter: 5,145
 
Donate to Me
More


Would it be too much to ask for an AOSP kernel (ICS)? I'd do it myself, but I don't know much about kernels lol
16th August 2012, 05:29 AM |#5  
Scott's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 66,534
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopi45

New clean ROM soon then?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Well, this is more for developers.

It just unlocks the /system partition so you can push files. I mean, yeah, it will be in the next CleanROM but its not urgent from a user perspective.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
16th August 2012, 05:30 AM |#6  
Scott's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 66,534
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureMotive



Would it be too much to ask for an AOSP kernel (ICS)? I'd do it myself, but I don't know much about kernels lol

This is a Stock kernel. I just modified the RAM Disk to remove security and to add init.d support and set up the script so it can be flashed.

I didint build the kernel. Its just stock.


How come your user name is in italics BTW?
16th August 2012, 05:38 AM |#7  
Scott's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 66,534
 
Donate to Me
More
Not sure on run parts... Need to check. Unsecure is still a go!
16th August 2012, 05:39 AM |#8  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Hidden Hills
Thanks Meter: 5,145
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

This is a Stock kernel. I just modified the RAM Disk to remove security and to add init.d support and set up the script so it can be flashed.

I didint build the kernel. Its just stock.


How come your user name is in italics BTW?

I know it's stock. I was just wondering whether you were able to get an unsecured AOSP kernel for all of the AOSP ROMs out there. It'd also help with Sense 4.

To get your username in italics (RDs only):
  • Go to User CP
  • Select "Group Membership" from the side bar
  • Select "Recognized Developer - Identify me as a member of this group"
  • Save
16th August 2012, 05:41 AM |#9  
Neverendingxsin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,184
 
More
Well this work on lf2?
16th August 2012, 05:56 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 256
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverendingxsin

Well this work on lf2?

Are you a dev?
No?
Keep moving

VERIZON GALAXY S 3
16th August 2012, 06:11 AM |#11  
Scott's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 66,534
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureMotive

I know it's stock. I was just wondering whether you were able to get an unsecured AOSP kernel for all of the AOSP ROMs out there. It'd also help with Sense 4.

To get your username in italics (RDs only):

  • Go to User CP
  • Select "Group Membership" from the side bar
  • Select "Recognized Developer - Identify me as a member of this group"
  • Save

To make it unsecure its just some changes in the RAM Disk. Im sure if the AOSP guys are out they know how to do that. If not they can reach out to me for help but they tend to know more than I do about kernels and all

Thanks for the heads up the italics!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverendingxsin

Well this work on lf2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DROID3R

Are you a dev?
No?
Keep moving

VERIZON GALAXY S 3

This is mostly for developers that want to do things that having a locked boot.img normally stops you from doing. An average user will gain little value...

But lets say you were making a theme and had to "push" files to the /system folder you can NOW do that with this boot.img. It makes Dev's lives a LOT more easy now, lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes