Before unlocking your bootloader, read this thread
If you brick your device, you are the sole responsible.
- Read through this post. Don't rush into flashing. Be sure you understand the process before you start
- This is a custom kernel developed for Android Jellybean
- Do NOT try this kernel on other Android versions - you are totally unsupported
- This kernel introduces custom mtd partitioning with larger /system partition to hold the extra JB calories. If you are moving from another custom kernel to this one, you MUST first format /system /data and /cache via the embedded CWM recovery
- Forked from nAa-ics-04 (all ICS features are already in there)
- Built with linaro-4.7.1 toolchain
- CWM-Based Recovery 188.8.131.52
- Custom mtd partitioning scheme suitable for JB
- Modular recovery flashing support (more on that to come...)
- Tracing support for JB
- pmem: bring up2date with CAF 2.6.38
- genlock/kgsl fixes
- Triple buffering support for msm framebuffer
- Much more RAM for improved multitasking experience (shakira: 186MB, robyn/mimmi: 187MB)
If you have any issues, please read the FAQ thread first: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=30297163
- Unlocked bootloader --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1254225
- MiniCM10 or any JB, source-based ROM (install this kernel first, format /system, /data and /cache, then install the JB ROM)
- Flashtool tested to be working with your phone, e.g. from here: http://www.multiupload.com/GYL7A7XQBT Original flashtool thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=920746
- Unlock your bootloader as described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...77&postcount=3 or here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1254225
- Download the kernel ftf file from here and move it to Flashtool\firmwares so that Flashtool can pick it up
- Flash the kernel via Flashtool
- Reboot and you should see the kernel boot animation
- (First time only) Get into recovery and format /system /cache and /data manually
- Flash back to stock using SEUS.
- Format /system /data and /cache via CWM and THEN flash another kernel via Flashtool
Dualtouch (for synaptics):
- If you want to enable the fake DT by dx (instead of andrej456's which is the default), you have to insert the following line in the /system/etc/hw_config.sh file:
- If you want to remove the fake DT altogether, insert the following line in the /system/etc/hw_config.sh file:
The linux kernel is GPL'ed, everyone who does modifications should make them publicly available.
If you are enjoying my work please consider donating: .
Donations are voluntary but allow me to spend more time on this project.
I can't be held responsible if this Kernel bricks your device or makes it explode in your hands! Use it at your own risk!