By theos0o, Senior Member on 16th August 2012, 06:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st August 2016, 05:49 AM |#411  
Flag Easton
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freworld

No GAPPS are not required at all. Just got it working on a CLEAN no-GAPPS Cm13 on One Plus 2 after a long search and tries.

How to Get TEAMVIEWER QUICK SUPPORT properly working (even may work on those phones which are not supported)
1) Install Quick support from playstore or any reliable apk store.
2) after installation , if supported it will ask you for downloading/installing QS addon .
In my case it even didn't ask for that, so installed teamviewer host. . install it. after opening, it will download QS addon to download folder of your card. If you still dont get QS addon, try downloading it from stores like apkpure or aptoide etc or take from someone else
In case of Teamviewer host way , you will get an error after download as "NO MATCHING ACTIVITY FOUND" and if you are installing from other sources, it will not install at all
3) Copy the QS addon.apk to /system/priv-app folder (CM13 didnt allow me to paste in /system folder even with proper mounting and root)
4) Fix permissions of QS addon apk to 644 (all ticks on Read and only 1st tick on Write) like others in that folder
5) Restart mobile and QS should work full. Without addon, only file transfer & stats will work.

File versions : Team QS: 11.0.5112 & QS addon : 10.0.3086

I am writing this bcoz i felt so bad being not able to find any solution for > 6 months. Hopefully it helps you

P.S. One plus 2 Users i am sure u were never able to get teamviewer working on even OOS 2.0 & OOS 3.0 ROMS.. Try above method and it should work

I am using a OnePlus 2 with CM13 and just want to both thank you and confirm that this does indeed work with both TeamViewer Quick Support and TeamViewer Host! Been looking for a solution to this for months!
3rd September 2016, 10:41 AM |#412  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
hey @hotsammysliz
Same OPO2, CM13 here ...
where did it put the QS Add-on apk? Can't find it anywhere on device
Thanks!
3rd September 2016, 11:00 AM |#413  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdsaorg

hey @hotsammysliz
Same OPO2, CM13 here ...
where did it put the QS Add-on apk? Can't find it anywhere on device
Thanks!

It will download it to your usual downloads directory or teamviewer dircctory ( Android/data/com.teamviewer.host.market/files/Download/ ) or after it downloads do a file search
Further i am not sure but you can download LENEVO addon directly (Tricky apps made for Lenovo often work for OP2)
and then follow this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=404
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freworld For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift freworld Ad-Free
11th September 2016, 11:18 AM |#414  
Flag Kladno
Thanks Meter: 33

More
For me, the all I needed to do was to find the downloaded addon in /sdcard/Android/data/com.teamviewer.host.market/files/Download/ and install it normally like any other app from unknown sources. It works perfectly without root on OneplusOne running CM13. Well, if you don't mind latency of around 4s
28th October 2016, 07:07 PM |#415  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freworld

No, GAPPS are NOT required at all. Just got it working on a CLEAN no-GAPPS CyanogenMod 13 on One Plus 2

How to Get TEAMVIEWER QUICK SUPPORT properly working
(Looks like it works on any PHONE; Tried on Lenovo, Htc also;Needs SystemWrite/Root access ofc)

1) Install Quick support from playstore or any reliable APK source
2) After installation , if supported it will ask you for downloading/installing QS addon.
If doesn't(my case) install Teamviewer host.After opening, it will download QS addon to download folder of your card.
If you still dont get QS addon, SIMPLY download it from store like apkpure
NOTE: In case of Teamviewer host method , you will get an error after download as "NO MATCHING ACTIVITY FOUND" and if you are installing from other sources, it will not install at all
3) Copy the downloaded QSaddon.apk to /system/priv-app folder (can use system/app folder too(some people report issues))
4) Change file permissions of QSaddon apk to 644 (-rw-r--r-- ; all on Read, Owner for Write; None on Execute) like others in that folder
5) Restart mobile & QS should work full. Without QSaddon, only file transfer will work.

File versions : Team QS: 11.0.5112 & QS addon : 10.0.3086
I am writing this bcoz i felt so bad being not able to find any solution for > 6 months. Hopefully it helps you

P.S. One plus 2 Users i am sure u were never able to get TeamViewer working on even OOS 2.0 & OOS 3.0 ROMS.. Try above method and it should work

Ok so this method worked on my Samsung Galaxy S4. Here's some helpful information for newbies like myself:

Quote:

3) Copy the downloaded QSaddon.apk to /system/priv-app folder (can use system/app folder too(some people report issues))

Quote:

4) Change file permissions of QSaddon apk to 644 (-rw-r--r-- ; all on Read, Owner for Write; None on Execute) like others in that folder

For Step 3) and 4), I used Root Explorer from Google. ($3.99 unfortunately , but it works!). To move the apk file ( I moved it to /system/app) and set permissions, I loosely followed this website:

gizmobolt.com/2014/07/01/how-to-move-apps-to-system-folder-and-set-permissions-rw-r-r/

This youtube video really helped with the installation once you have Root Explorer on your phone:

youtube.com/watch?v=bSr99gc0Z80

Good luck fellow newbies! And thanks to everyone else who has been of great help!
3rd November 2016, 02:29 PM |#416  
Flag Montebello, Antioquia
Thanks Meter: 93

More
2) After installation , if supported it will ask you for downloading/installing QS addon.
If doesn't(my case) install Teamviewer host.After opening, it will download QS addon to download folder of your card.
NOTE: In case of Teamviewer host method , you will get an error after download as "NO MATCHING ACTIVITY FOUND" and if you are installing from other sources, it will not install at all
5) Restart mobile & QS should work full. Without QSaddon, only file transfer will work.

don't work in galaxy s2 with cm13
2nd January 2017, 12:02 AM |#417  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by todonormal

don't work in galaxy s2 with cm13

Host app crashes...
8th March 2017, 01:08 AM |#418  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can a Dev help with this please. I download teamviewer apk, from here http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/teamvie...load/download/ and installed fine as I am realizing the version 12 of Qs is buggy so Installed last version of 11. I connect fine but SU stops when I try to connect via remote control.

I looked at Qs log and it said that there was a missing. I am not sure what this is as but says "integrated MethodHelper App is missing required injection permission," I believe this is the culprit why everyone is having issues with remoting in with Qs on Fire TV 0S 5.

I found this on github, but I do not know where to add it. https://gist.github.com/gotev/67c300c563bdf68a502c
18th March 2017, 11:45 AM |#419  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can someone upload the following version of Teamviewer:
Team QS: 11.0.5112 & QS addon : 10.0.3086

Would be so nice. I have a Samsung Galaxy running CM13 13.0-20160407 jfltexx and a Galaxy S7 Edge and I can't get a connection from the S7 to the S4.
There is an incoming connection, I accept and the following error appears: "The remote device does not support Screenmirroring/transmission" (German: "Das entfernte Gerät unterstützt keine Bildschirmübertragung")

The other direction, S4 to S7 is working without problems.

Because I completed all steps as described I think the problem is the version of teamviewer.
16th May 2017, 11:53 AM |#420  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Anyone had any success with this recently.

I'm running LineageOS 7.1 on Moto G2, and the Teamviewer Host App downloads TeamViewQSAddon.apk, but fails to install it and gives an error

"Out of space
QuickSupport Add-On couldn't be installed. Free up some space and try again"

I tried using ADB to install this APK using the PM command, as SU

e.g.
pm install TeamViewerQSAddon.apk

But this gives the error
"Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_INSTALL_LOCATION: Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.teamviewer.quicksupport.addon.aosp-1: Cannot install platform packages to user storage"

I can't copy this package to /system even if that would fix it because /system is 99% full

I'm not sure if there is another way to manually install or copy the APK to the /data folder and for it to be "installed"
28th May 2017, 06:51 PM |#421  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gedranger

Here is what I did to get it working on CM12.1:

1. Install latest Quick Support app from Play Store.
  2. Open the app and let it try to install the addon (It will probably fail).
  3. Find the downloaded addon (usually /sdcard/Download) and then copy it to /system/app. Do not modify the apk else Quick Support may not give you the option to remote control.
  4. Reboot phone and run Quick Support. It shouldn't ask to install the addon anymore and also make sure it gets granted root access when you try connecting to it.
  5. If Quick Support is working correctly then you may want to install Teamviewer Host as well for unattended remote control.

If it still doesn't work you should try looking in the Quick Support event logs and also upload them here.

Works great! (well, its a little delayed, but it works)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
quick, remote, samsung, support, teamviewer

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)