Before unlocking your bootloader, read this thread
If you brick your device, you are the sole responsible.
- Read through this post. Don't rush into flashing. Be sure you understand the process before you start
- This is a custom kernel developed for Android Jellybean
- Do NOT try this kernel on other Android versions - you are totally unsupported
- This kernel introduces custom mtd partitioning with larger /system partition to hold the extra JB calories. If you are moving from another custom kernel to this one, you MUST first format /system /data and /cache via the embedded CWM recovery
- Forked from nAa-ics-04 (all ICS features are already in there)
- Built with linaro-4.7.1 toolchain
- CWM-Based Recovery 220.127.116.11
- Custom mtd partitioning scheme suitable for JB
- Modular recovery flashing support (more on that to come...)
- Tracing support for JB
- pmem: bring up2date with CAF 2.6.38
- genlock/kgsl fixes
- Triple buffering support for msm framebuffer
- Much more RAM for improved multitasking experience (shakira: 186MB, robyn/mimmi: 187MB)
If you have any issues, please read the FAQ thread first: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=30297163
- Unlocked bootloader --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1254225
- MiniCM10 or any JB, source-based ROM (install this kernel first, format /system, /data and /cache, then install the JB ROM)
- Flashtool tested to be working with your phone, e.g. from here: http://www.multiupload.com/GYL7A7XQBT Original flashtool thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=920746
- Unlock your bootloader as described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...77&postcount=3 or here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1254225
- Download the kernel ftf file from here and move it to Flashtool\firmwares so that Flashtool can pick it up
- Flash the kernel via Flashtool
- Reboot and you should see the kernel boot animation
- (First time only) Get into recovery and format /system /cache and /data manually
- Flash back to stock using SEUS.
- Format /system /data and /cache via CWM and THEN flash another kernel via Flashtool
The linux kernel is GPL'ed, everyone who does modifications should make them publicly available.
If you are enjoying my work please consider donating: .
Donations are voluntary but allow me to spend more time on this project.
I can't be held responsible if this Kernel bricks your device or makes it explode in your hands! Use it at your own risk!