FORUMS

JB OTA Update with Rooted TF300T

22 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

Post Reply Email Thread
Hey ppl,

I got the update but after finished downloading an error appeared: Update failed, restoring conf to last version blah blah.

I rebooted the device but it says there's no longer an update available for my device.

My Tf300t is Rooted, i only disabled some system apps and removed the original Browser, could that be the problem?

Any ideas? Thanks!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
18th August 2012, 06:56 PM |#2  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 391

More
if you removed any system apps it won't update. Also if you are using a modded build.prop it won't update. You need to restore the browser

18th August 2012, 07:00 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for your reply jgaf.

It seems you're right, since I unrooted with Voodoo OTA Root Keeper, but still can't get the update.

How can I restore original apps (only Browser as far as I remember) without a factory reset?

Thanks!

18th August 2012, 07:04 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benoror

It seems you're right, since I unrooted with Voodoo OTA Root Keeper, but still can't get the update.

How can I restore original apps (only Browser as far as I remember) without a factory reset?

Thanks!

I don't think you can, unless you made a backup of the stock browser using Titanium Backup or something.

That's why you should never fully delete system apps, always make a backup of them or freeze them.

On the topic of root access.. updated my TF300T to Jelly Bean... tried restoring root using Voodoo OTA Root Keeper. It says restored but I don't appear to have root access when using Lucky Patcher or any other app. Any ideas?
18th August 2012, 07:04 PM |#5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 822

More
I have the original build prop, on the ww version, but am traveling in the US, and am not getting the ota. . Anyone have a suggestion on if/how I could make this work?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app
18th August 2012, 07:21 PM |#6  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 311

Donate to Me
More
I am in the same boat as you are...thankfully I froze my apps so I have them still...but after unfreezing them I still don't get the OTA.... I heard once you download it once Asus won't push it to your device again...so manual update is the only way
18th August 2012, 07:24 PM |#7  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 391

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benoror

Thanks!

You need that someone still on ics pulls the browser apk from /system/app the you will have to push it to the same directory and reboot. That should reinstall it. NOTE factory reset wont restore deleted apps.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dee

I have the original build prop, on the ww version, but am traveling in the US, and am not getting the ota. . Anyone have a suggestion on if/how I could make this work?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app

Since only US Firmware are getting updated you won't get the update even though you are in the US.

The Following User Says Thank You to jgaf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jgaf Ad-Free
18th August 2012, 07:28 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Unhappy No update
Rooted->twrp->adaway

Made no other changes to my TF300T and not seeing any update
18th August 2012, 07:37 PM |#9  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 822

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaf

Since only US Firmware are getting updated you won't get the update even though you are in the US.

Didn't realize it was only being pushed out to US firmwares. Answer's my question, thanks man!
18th August 2012, 07:43 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by debnath

Rooted->twrp->adaway

Made no other changes to my TF300T and not seeing any update

Tried orbot with US exit nodes, no luck yet
18th August 2012, 08:40 PM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dee

Didn't realize it was only being pushed out to US firmwares. Answer's my question, thanks man!

Only US firmware but anywhere in the world...lol...I have the US version here in India and I am downloading it now

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)