FORUMS

[TOOLKIT][GUI][MULTI-PLATFORM] Ultimate Backup Tool v2.0 - Full backup without root

266 posts
Thanks Meter: 442

By Gigadroid, Senior Member on 20th August 2012, 07:20 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
29th March 2014, 04:06 PM |#381  
Flag Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Malware?
The "Ultimate Backup Tool" referenced above comes bundled with a program called "Conduit" which has been reported as malware. Conduit installs itself in your browsers as the default search and blocks you from re-setting your previous default. Then it apparently shares your information all over the place. As a result, I declined to install the Ultimate Backup Tool even though I had the option of un-bundling Conduit. My trust was shot . . . . -Anonymous
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rakionowner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rakionowner Ad-Free
4th April 2014, 06:38 PM |#382  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakionowner

The "Ultimate Backup Tool" referenced above comes bundled with a program called "Conduit" which has been reported as malware. Conduit installs itself in your browsers as the default search and blocks you from re-setting your previous default. Then it apparently shares your information all over the place. As a result, I declined to install the Ultimate Backup Tool even though I had the option of un-bundling Conduit. My trust was shot . . . . -Anonymous.

The download page adfoc.us is misleading, the download link here is to garbageware. you need to wait for the timer to run out and then click the skip link in the upper right corner. that will take you to mega.co.nz which should provide a download for PhoneBackup.exe which is the correct program.

I can understand your disappointment, it sucks that some sites have resorted to distributing sh1t. That's why I test everything out on the VM before deploying to my actual desktop.
5th April 2014, 11:01 AM |#383  
Flag Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 22

More
@@
I did "TEST" this ****, it works great... But recently statements dropped by other users make people think this software kind of screwing their comp systems, but i'd prefer to use it in "safe mode" ... They should test out origin machine before put in actual system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitl3ss

The download page adfoc.us is misleading, the download link here is to garbageware. you need to wait for the timer to run out and then click the skip link in the upper right corner. that will take you to mega.co.nz which should provide a download for PhoneBackup.exe which is the correct program.

I can understand your disappointment, it sucks that some sites have resorted to distributing sh1t. That's why I test everything out on the VM before deploying to my actual desktop.

28th April 2014, 09:59 PM |#384  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs down VIRUS
The anti-virus Avira found a virus in this aplication.
'ANDROID/GetRoot.A'
29th April 2014, 05:13 AM |#385  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs down MALWARE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigadroid

With this tool, you can completely backup your device without root or unlocked bootloader.
I have tested it so far only with my Galaxy Nexus, but it should also work with other devices running Android 4.0+.
So you can unlock your bootloader without losing your data.
With version 1.1, not all parts of the program will be downloaded, only the necessary.
The most tools in the "Tools" section are for the Galaxy Nexus, but more devices will follow soon.
Now the final release of v2 is out!
The UI is complete, it's much easier to use.[*]Marijuana Legal (GUI for Windows and Mac)[/LIST]

BEWARE !!! IT DID NOT WORKED - IT MAY HAVE WORKED BEFORE, BUT ONE THING IS SURE - IT IS FULL OF CR(!*!)P...
IT DUMPED FOUR "hosts.txt" files in my run-folder, when it crashed one time, which were full of malware web-sites!!!!

I TRIED TO POST THESE SO THAT YOU ALL SEE IT -- BUT THE SYSTEM BLOCKED MY POST... !!? THIS IS FRUSTRATING!!!

DO NOT USE!

It uses ADB's "adb backup /restore" feature. If you so much want to make yourself a full backup and know just a little how to run ADB, you could do it yourselves (not so trivial to figure out the boot and recovery partitions though)...

anyway... this IS NOT YOUR SOLUTION... HOW CAN SUCH POSTS/SOFTWARE BE ALLOWED TO SIT HERE SINCE 2012 !?
29th April 2014, 07:15 AM |#386  
Senior Moderator - Illuminati Confirmed
Flag Nusquam et ubique
Thanks Meter: 14,177

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigadroid

Sorry can't give simple instructions because my pc got ****ed up again -.-
Use the youtube tutorial with v1.3.2 if you really don't know how to use it.
I stopped development on this and Marijsoft clearly failed the campaign for v3 so I think there will be no v3
This tool started a wave of programms (e.g. Helium etc.) that were so much easier to use than this, yeah awesome but not for us because nobody is interested in this because we were to slow to develop a good looking and easy UI
I think it's dead now, it was my first project here, it looks like the next one will be an android app..

As that this project seems to be dead and there income generation links in the op I think it is best we just close this thread down

Thread closed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mark manning For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mark manning Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup and restore, without root, without unlocked bootloader
Previous Thread Next Thread