FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Rooting my LG Optimus L7

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Awption, Junior Member on 20th August 2012, 10:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys,
This is my first post on the forums, anyways, I've searched up multiple sites on trying to root the LG Optimus L7 including this website.
I have tried this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1664322
and tried downgrading to V10a but it didn't work.

Phone stuff:

Model Number: LG-P705G
Android Version 4.0.3
Baseband Version: MSM7227A-1-AA
Software Version: V10c-May-10-2012

Please help!

21st August 2012, 12:03 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
Read it carefully!
Many members has succeed to root the L7 using method in the first page. V10c India and Indonesian version for model P705 can rooted directly use the rooting tools provided.
Ensure you do it exactly as described there

Sent from my N880 using xda app-developers app
21st August 2012, 11:57 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
aa
25th August 2012, 03:10 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwartwidianta

Read it carefully!
Many members has succeed to root the L7 using method in the first page. V10c India and Indonesian version for model P705 can rooted directly use the rooting tools provided.
Ensure you do it exactly as described there

Sent from my N880 using xda app-developers app

Erm what's the difference between indo version of v10c and other countries version? I have v10c and don't wish to upgrade or downgrade but I wan root! Any help would be appreciated! !!

Sent from my LG-P705 using xda premium
26th August 2012, 07:47 AM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz1201

Erm what's the difference between indo version of v10c and other countries version? I have v10c and don't wish to upgrade or downgrade but I wan root! Any help would be appreciated! !!

Sent from my LG-P705 using xda premium

Please follow instruction here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=26341025.
It works for v10a Europe and v10c Indonesia and India version

Sent from my LG-P700 using xda app-developers app
27th August 2012, 09:41 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Please follow instruction here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=26341025.
It works for v10a Europe and v10c Indonesia and India version

Hey, I tried that already, it didn't work for me. Do you have another tutorial on how to do it?
27th August 2012, 01:18 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awption

Hey, I tried that already, it didn't work for me. Do you have another tutorial on how to do it?

Have you checked usbdebugging mode? Install from unknown source? Disable LG modem in the PC device manager? Using correct firmware? (v10a europe open or v10 c indonesia).
Important thing! You should push enter while you have seen the locked screen while use LG.L7 Rooting Tools

27th August 2012, 09:45 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Have you checked usbdebugging mode? Install from unknown source? Disable LG modem in the PC device manager? Using correct firmware? (v10a europe open or v10 c indonesia).
Important thing! You should push enter while you have seen the locked screen while use LG.L7 Rooting Tools

The only thing I'm not sure about in that list is the firmware, I have v10c but I don't know from where.
28th August 2012, 06:34 AM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awption

The only thing I'm not sure about in that list is the firmware, I have v10c but I don't know from where.

Then download the correct one!
Flash your L7 with that and get root!
No data will be lost!

7th September 2012, 08:20 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
same im unable to root
I have a lg p705g v10c and was able upgraded it to v10h but still unable to root. And my phone now says its an lg p700 not sure if thats a bad thing But i have to say v10h is much faster tho. the only problem i ran into is i cant see my contacts i have on my sim card anymore.

when i try to root with optimusrootvers2 it says /system/bin/sd: can not create file permission denied or something
what am i doing wrong????
9th September 2012, 11:21 AM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENOREDRUM

I have a lg p705g v10c and was able upgraded it to v10h but still unable to root. And my phone now says its an lg p700 not sure if thats a bad thing But i have to say v10h is much faster tho. the only problem i ran into is i can see my contacts i have on my sim card anymore.

when i try to root with optimusrootvers2 it says /system/bin/sd: connot create file permission denied or something
what am i doing wrong????

Root tools cannot work that way. You must patched the system.img.ext4 with rooted one while flashing it. Follow this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=31247149. It can root any firmware!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)