What your need:
- Your mobile phone
- Titainium Backup * Root
Steps to install WhatsApp to your Nexus 7:
- Use TI Backup to backup WhatsApp on your phone
- Copy the 3 backed up files (properties, tar.gz, apk.gz) from your Titainium Backup folder from your phone
- Install Titainium Backup on your Nexus 7
- Copy over those 3 backup files to your Nexus 7 (into Titainium Backup folder)
- Run Titainium Backup and restore WhatsApp (App+Data)
- Titainium Backup will first restore the app, and might self open
- When WhatsApp opens up just close it
- Titainium Backup will resume to restore the data
- Now run WhatsApp again, and it will prompt you to follow the initialization procedures
- It will fail after you submit your "mobile phone" number and Force Close
- Run WhatsApp again, and you are good to go
Edit: Please note that my TitaniumBackup was done on a custom ICS ROM (ParanoidAndroid) from my Samsung Infuse 4G phone. ICS is the closest thing to JB... so perhaps if you back up from Foyo or GB, it might not work. But give it a try.
This is my method. Might work with an landline if you don't have a mobile at all, I haven't tried. I have an ordinary mobile (not a smartphone), and I managed to get Whatsapp to work on the N7 using Bluestacks.
Start by following this:
Install Whatsapp apk: http://www.whatsapp.com/android/current/WhatsApp.apk
Install Appguard - details here for the next few steps: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=17
Now if you fail verification for both the SMS and Voice methods like I did, and if you don't have a smartphone, the following is an option.
You need: a pc, a mobile phone for texts (an ordinary mobile phone is fine).
1. Download and install Bluestacks on your PC http://www.bluestacks.com
2. Select "Social" and install Whatsapp on your PC.
3. Input your mobile number. The SMS verification should work this time. Be patient, it can take 10 minutes.
4. Once you have your code go back to your Nexus 7 and input it.
Hope this helps!