FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][CM10] Thinkpad Tablet (v0.9)

348 posts
Thanks Meter: 463

By Koshu, Senior Member on 21st August 2012, 08:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
It's jelly time. Made by a TPT user for TPT users.

Notice
  • Developed on a WE/16Gb 3G TPT. US, UK and ROW Tablets (any size) are confirmed to work, too
  • Density set to 160 dpi to keep market compatibility. Don't like to do this but the market problems are just annoying. Change it with a appropriate app if you don't like it (btw. our native density is approximate 150 dpi).
  • Flash on your own risk! Might turn your TPT into a expensive chopping board.

Requirements
  • This build uses the Lenovo ICS kernel, you need to upgrade to stock ICS first (Make sure you keep root!)
  • A ICS ClockworkMod version like this one.

Screenshots
  • here (Thanks obscure.detour)

Installation
  • Download ROM zipfile (and 3G patch if you want to) and put it on a sd-card
  • Boot into CWM (Reboot and press Vol+)
  • Make a nandroid backup in CWM!
  • Make sure the backup worked!
  • Full Wipe (May not be needed if you come from an earlier CM10 version)
  • Flash zip in CWM
  • Optional: Flash 3G patch in CWM
  • reboot

Restore Stock ICS
  • Boot into CWM (Reboot and press Vol+)
  • Restore old nandroid backup

Additional Steps
  • If you have problems with random reboots or sleep of death try to change wifi to "always on". You can find it in: settings->wifi->"click the 3 dots in the upper right"->advanced->keep wifi on during sleep
  • If you want to use NotesMobile you want to look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post34649207
  • If you have problems with wiping (just doesn't work) and want to reformat the data partition, use this zip in CWM: http://ubuntuone.com/4zKT1jqeqhR8qdGh2y4TaM (WARNING: THIS WILL REFORMAT DATA, THAT INCLUDES YOUR INTERNAL SDCARD!)

Working:
  • Wifi
  • Touchscreen + Stylus
  • Bluetooth
  • HW Graphic Acceleration
  • Sound (Including Mic)
  • Cameras Front/Back
  • Compass (but needs calibration)
  • HW Video encoding/decoding (i.e. for Youtube HQ)
  • Mount as USB/MTP for filetransfer (in windows)
  • GPS (Well "working" like always nearly unusable but its working theoretically)
  • Lightsensor and other sensors
  • 3G (Ericsson card)
  • 3G (Gobi card)
  • HDMI
  • Stylus
  • Buttons

Not Working
  • Nothing here anymore. Everything is working somehow but some parts still contain bugs (see buglist)

Known Bugs
  • Google maps crashes sometimes
  • 3G issues:
    - On some devices the carrier is not shown and 3G needs more time to connect
  • Wifi tethering not working
  • Stylus only mod not changeable in lockscreen
  • Some other bugs that occur only on few devices

Things maybe added in future releases
  • A density of 150dpi (a soon as i find a good hacked market or something else)
  • Getting everything to work and stable

Thanks
  • The Cyanogenmod team
  • Everyone releasing their source codes for other builds
  • Everyone trying to find and report bugs
  • pwstein for lending me his gobi card

If you like this ROM press the donate button and smash your hand on the NumPad

Download
see this post -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=788

Sourcecodes
Changelog
Code:
Version 0.9.2 
- Same as 0.9.1 but with older wifi drivers

Version 0.9.1 
- Fixed stylus only mode again
- Fixed touchinput for some games/apps

Version 0.9
- Switched to CM10 Stable Branch
- Newer WIFI driver
- Other things I might have forgoten

Version 0.8.1 (3G Patch)
- Combined ericssion and gobi patch
- Bluetooth tethering

Version 0.8.1
- Android 4.1.2
- Stock kernel again for the time beeing
- New Stylus only mode (again use the browser button)
- Confirmed working bluetooth pan (tested with internet connection of galaxy nexus)

Version 0.8 (Experimental)
- Fixed Camera + Picasa 
- Added Stylus only mode (oops: Right now its a no input mode, needs to be fixed)
- Added recovery to reboot options (Upgrade to CWM 6 first, if you want to use this!)
- Changed Kernel:
     Additional Filesystem support (NTFS, CIFS)
     Overclocking up to 1.7GHz (disabled by default)

Version 0.7.1 (3G Patches)
- Added missing apn.conf

Version 0.7
- Reverted some changes to dalvik cache that seem to make trouble
- Added experimental support for Gobi 3G card
- Checked hdmi (seems to work fine here)

Version 0.6
- Fixed front cam
- Autorotation button official working (and all other buttons)
- Switched Gallery app for picasa sync
- Some minor bugfixes

Version 0.5 (3G Ericsson)
- Added 3G patch for wifi-only rom
- Read new installation instructions!

Version 0.5 (wifi-only)
- A wifi-only version (without sms app or cell indicator)

Version 0.4
- Fixed 2G/3G Problem -> Ericsson card is working now

Version 0.3
- Fixed GPS
- Fixed Lightsensor
- Some minor bugfixes
- Added experimental(!!!) support for Ericsson 3G (i.e. WE devices)

Version 0.2
- HW Video decoding fixed -> i.e. youtube HQ
- HW Video encoding fixed -> taking videos with the cam

Version 0.1
- First release
The Following 98 Users Say Thank You to Koshu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Koshu Ad-Free
22nd August 2012, 12:28 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Amazing! I cannot thank you enough for your continued work Koshu.

Doing a nandroid and testing now. No reason it should not work on a US-based tablet, correct?

Also, any chance we could get an MD5 checksum? Sorry, I'm kind of crazy
22nd August 2012, 12:44 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscure.detour

Amazing! I cannot thank you enough for your continued work Koshu.

Doing a nandroid and testing now. No reason it should not work on a US-based tablet, correct?

Also, any chance we could get an MD5 checksum? Sorry, I'm kind of crazy

Should work. WE, US and UK are pretty much the same devices except the 3G card. I'm just curious if this ROM works also on ROW.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koshu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Koshu Ad-Free
22nd August 2012, 03:08 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Will test in the morning long day of college and work, need to sober up before I tackle this. Thanks for the Jelly Bean up date.
22nd August 2012, 08:22 AM |#5  

More
This ROM is running amazingly well. Everything I do, it does it fast and smoothly. Project Butter truly stands out here. Never has this tablet felt so buttery smooth.

I even installed Major Mayhem to try a game out and I feel like it ran better than the official ICS build (OTA3).

Google Now works. USB drive and mouse worked fine. Pen works fine in Lecture Notes and Quill. The pen button does not work in Quill though, pretty sure it has something to do with the way Quill detects the active pen. Sound works, video works as long as it is SD.

Other than that I'll leave you all with these screenshots.

Great job Koshu and thank you!
22nd August 2012, 06:25 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

This ROM is running amazingly well. Everything I do, it does it fast and smoothly. Project Butter truly stands out here. Never has this tablet felt so buttery smooth.

I even installed Major Mayhem to try a game out and I feel like it ran better than the official ICS build (OTA3).

Google Now works. USB drive and mouse worked fine. Pen works fine in Lecture Notes and Quill. The pen button does not work in Quill though, pretty sure it has something to do with the way Quill detects the active pen. Sound works, video works as long as it is SD.

You have really nice hand writing on the last screenshot.

This is awesome, and just in time as school is approaching . Can't wait to try it out .

Koshu keep up the good work, this is amazing. expect a donation once I get this loaded.

If someone get's it up on a ROW Tablet, please advise!
22nd August 2012, 09:06 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiJu519

You have really nice hand writing on the last screenshot.

This is awesome, and just in time as school is approaching . Can't wait to try it out .

Koshu keep up the good work, this is amazing. expect a donation once I get this loaded.

If someone get's it up on a ROW Tablet, please advise!

You have a ROW tablet? Please let me know if this works and if it doesn't (i assume it won't even boot in this case) send me a copy of your boot.img. As i didn't need to modify the kernel itself (compared to ICS with the HC kernel) we could just try to switch the kernels and see what happens.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koshu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Koshu Ad-Free
22nd August 2012, 09:45 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Project butter is one pf the main reasons i want to get JB on the TPT^^ it's really awesome. Thanks for the screenshots, If you don't mind i would like to post a link to your post in the OP in case someone wants some.
22nd August 2012, 11:10 PM |#9  
Flag castries
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Talking
Nice Job Koshu!! will give it a try when i get clockwork up and running..

US TPT 16GB 3G with 32GB sd card
23rd August 2012, 12:01 AM |#10  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 267

More
Very nice work, Maybe I should give it a try .
23rd August 2012, 12:02 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshu

Project butter is one pf the main reasons i want to get JB on the TPT^^ it's really awesome. Thanks for the screenshots, If you don't mind i would like to post a link to your post in the OP in case someone wants some.

Absolutely, feel free to share the pics. It is running super smooth I am absolutely loving it so far. Now I've got JB CM10 on both of my devices!

Also, I have noticed Chrome runs really great. About a thousand times better than ICS (OTA3). Gets a little slow sometimes with 15-20+ tabs but that is to be expected with our aged hardware.

Another note: I use CSipSimple, it allows me to use SIP in combination with a PBX server (Pbxes.org) for WiFi calling on my phone. I have never been able to get it to work with any Lenovo ROMs. Well it works on this ROM! I can now make/receive calls with my tablet using WiFi. I know many don't know or even care what this is, but just wanted to share my excitement.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)