Cheapest in UK

Search This thread

KrisPerry

Oct 23, 2010
Any thoughts on where you have seen the infinity cheapest. Is it worth importing from USA

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

KrisPerry

Oct 23, 2010
Hey krisPerry the t700 isnt. Available in the uk until the 31 august. If you cant wait your better off importing it like i did.:D

Its not that I can't wait, just want the best value for money.

How much import tax and shipping did you pay. What website did you order from

Last edited:

derron1

Dec 16, 2011
Its not that I can't wait, just want the best value for money.

How much import tax and shipping did you pay. What website did you order from

Haven't paid any import fees yet because it was shipped with FedEx.They normally pay any import fees on your behave and then send you a bill later.Shipping cost around 35 pounds and it arrived in like 2 days(best morning ever:victory:) and this was all done on ebay.

KrisPerry

Oct 23, 2010
Haven't paid any import fees yet because it was shipped with FedEx.They normally pay any import fees on your behave and then send you a bill later.Shipping cost around 35 pounds and it arrived in like 2 days(best morning ever:victory:) and this was all done on ebay.

So what was the total cost

Dub Tech

Jun 28, 2012
Auckland
If you can find a post forwarding company to send a parcel from Ireland to UK Komplett.ie have a very competitive price right now - 64GB with dock for €679, that works out roughly at £540. The dock is an "international" keyboard which is the US layout (no £ or € keys).

nmsraider

Aug 31, 2011
doncaster
Got mine from amazon US first week it came out, had it shipped to a friends villa who was on holiday there. Had it home with me 4 days later for £414.00
Thats 32gb model dock, case and 32gb sd.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

KrisPerry

Oct 23, 2010
Got mine from amazon US first week it came out, had it shipped to a friends villa who was on holiday there. Had it home with me 4 days later for £414.00
Thats 32gb model dock, case and 32gb sd.

That's a good deal

nmsraider

Aug 31, 2011
doncaster
Well it was until first week using it when connecting the dock it snapped the charging port, so now cant use the dock and having to insert charger very carefully due to pins being able to short against each other.
Tried to rma but its not covered by warranty they say and they cant give me a price to repair until i rma it stating i understand i will have to pay, .... but how much?
Funny there tablet , correct dock and its my fault.
I have the tf300 with dock and no issues with that one.

maxal

Jan 17, 2012
Southampton
I was just about to order my tf700 from Simply Electronics when I spotted this thread which I am glad I read. My problem now is where do I buy one from now, I have looked on Ebay and I see sellers from America and Taiwan selling the 32gb at a good price, has anyone bought one this way if so can they recommend a seller to me please.

Alan

KrisPerry

Oct 23, 2010
Well it was until first week using it when connecting the dock it snapped the charging port, so now cant use the dock and having to insert charger very carefully due to pins being able to short against each other.
Tried to rma but its not covered by warranty they say and they cant give me a price to repair until i rma it stating i understand i will have to pay, .... but how much?
Funny there tablet , correct dock and its my fault.
I have the tf300 with dock and no issues with that one.

I suppose that's the problem with buying overseas

nmsraider

Aug 31, 2011
doncaster
Doesnt matter where i bought it, it is Asus rma procedure. Here in the uk we send to the away for repair to somewhere in europe.

pinn___________

Jan 8, 2010
Middlesbrough
Samsung Galaxy S8
I was just about to order my tf700 from Simply Electronics when I spotted this thread which I am glad I read. My problem now is where do I buy one from now, I have looked on Ebay and I see sellers from America and Taiwan selling the 32gb at a good price, has anyone bought one this way if so can they recommend a seller to me please.

Alan

Well I bit the bullet and ordered from them anyway. After closer inspection there were lots of negative reviews but positive ones also. As you those with an axe to grind tend to be more vocal.
Fingers crossed I'll get mine trouble free , if not I paid on my credit card so I'm covered.

maxal

Jan 17, 2012
Southampton
Well I bit the bullet and ordered from them anyway. After closer inspection there were lots of negative reviews but positive ones also. As you those with an axe to grind tend to be more vocal.
Fingers crossed I'll get mine trouble free , if not I paid on my credit card so I'm covered.

Snap I ordered mine to, I paid by paypal so fingers crossed all goes ok for both of us.
I will post here when I get mine will you do the same.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Customs will charge you price + shipping x 10% for duty.
They will then add 20% to the new total as VAT

So you are looking at roughly 32% that the thieving bastards will add if they open your package. It's the risk you take and it can make a 450 pound deal cost 595 pounds in real money.

You take the risk and you could get away with it.

Reactions: robgee789

Top Liked Posts