[OTA] 672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU

Search This thread

pb1379

Nov 7, 2010
I recommend staying on nonefig .41 if u dont want bloatware

Given that the .41 nonefig variant has a different radio (with issues like not providing GPS info), I'd rather switch to retail, after all, there's some reason for location dependent radios, I assume. You might try nonefig with the retail radio, but I'm far from sure whether that's a good idea (or actually works at all).

As of the bloatware, I don't bother, as long as I'm not forced top use it... I disabled the bloat apps, thus it's like they weren't there in the first place (still could physically delete them, of course, but I don't see any need ATM). Of course, that doesn't free up space in the system partition, but I don't need it neither, all I wanted to put there fitted. Besides, the bloat might contain some useful stuff under the hood, like additional services (somewhere these 100+ megs must have gone to...).

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

I am already on ICS
676.226.3.xt910.retail.en.EU
do i need to folow all the steps said at first or can i just flash it through recovery?

The OTAs don't contain the actual files but only the recipes on how to build them from the prior version (patches). Therefore it is mandatory that you do have the exact version the OTA looks for. This is checked at the start of the update, thus you'll get an error (and the update aborts) if you have a different version installed, for it wouldn't know how to build the updated files (worse actually, it would convert them to complete gibberish).

It's also important you don't have any system files modified, for the same reason. This might or not be checked for (I think it is, but ain't sure).

So, yes, you have to do the whole OP procedure, which, by the way, is very well described and easy to follow (thank you tons, pilot!).

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

therazrguy

Dec 22, 2011
My download speed is slow will return back in a day or two, and as soon as it returns i will make the video on how to get it.

GForceZA

Mar 1, 2010
Johannesburg
Can anyone confirm if this will work on the MERetail RAZRs, and if the process would be the same?

I'm running 65.1.40.XT910.MERetail.en.06 at the moment.

Motorola South Africa seems to have forgotten about us South African users completely. They've gone quiet on Twitter and Facebook, with hundreds of owners complaining about the lack of feedback. The last we heard was that we'd have it early August...and now we're about 5 days before September.

I'm just so damn desperate to run ICS so I can use Chrome etc...

Vatazhka

Jul 13, 2010
This OTA update will not work for you. Go to the corresponding SBF thread if you want to try .41 en.EU ICS build.

Sent from my XT910

Myrmidon83

Jun 19, 2011
I think I'm gonna do this, still haven't recieved the notification and moto tech support hasn't got back to me yet.

I have a few questions tho:

1. I'm completely stock 651.167.26.XT910.Retail.en.EU, Android 2.3.6, Build 6.5.1-167_SPU-15-M2-3. So flashing this is exactly the same as getting it OTA essentially, yes?

2. Just want to clear up this 'connect in AP fastboot and connect to PC' bit. This just means booting into recovery, AP fastboot and plugging the usb in doesn't it? I don't need android adb installed or anything do I?

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Google Pixel 6
If you're completely stock with no deleted Apps or stuff like that, than just flash the Update in Recovery and skip the AP steps.

The Update zip is exactly the same, that you would get OTA.

Sent from my BlacK (& WhitE) WidoW

Myrmidon83

Jun 19, 2011
If you're completely stock with no deleted Apps or stuff like that, than just flash the Update in Recovery and skip the AP steps.

The Update zip is exactly the same, that you would get OTA.

So in my case then, do you mean just put the update on the root of the SD card and install from zip in recovery?

Forgive the questions, I'm not familiar with the moto way of doing things, HTC background. :p

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Google Pixel 6
That's right. And i totally recommend an Factory Reset after the Update to ICS. Start clean into it and you'll like it :cool:

The AP Files are needed, if you stuck on another Leak. But meanwhile we can just flash the SBF.

Myrmidon83

Jun 19, 2011
That's right. And i totally recommend an Factory Reset after the Update to ICS. Start clean into it and you'll like it :cool:

The AP Files are needed, if you stuck on another Leak. But meanwhile we can just flash the SBF.

Awesome! Fingers crossed and I'll try it out.

Myrmidon83

Jun 19, 2011
Will do, I'll factory rest from recovery as well, once it's updated. Battery is low though and it's getting late here so I'll do it tomorrow.

Knowing my luck the OTA with come through. :p

[OTA] 672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU
FLASH 4 ANY EU ICS LEAK

all Credits for Leak belong to capsali

41retaileneu.png

Downloads

Blur_Version.651.167.26.XT910.Retail.en.EU.zip

672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU Fla****.rar

SPDREM_U_01.6.5.1-167_SPU-15-M2-3_SIGNEuropeAustraliaEMEA_USASPDRRTGB_HWp2b_Service1FF_fastboot.xml.zip

How To

First Copy the Blur_Version.651.167.26.XT910.Retail.en.EU.zip on your external SD-Card

Unpack the 672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU_Fla****.rar > You will get an Folder called

672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU Fla**** which contains the FlashME.bat & the boot_new.img

Copy the System_signed out of the SPDREM_U_01.6.5.1-167_SPU-15-M2-3_SIGNEuropeAustraliaEMEA_USASPDRRTGB_HWp2b_Service1FF_fastboot.xml.zipp into this Folder

filesa.png

Connect your RazR in AP Fastboot with your PC

Double-Click the FlashME.bat

Now you'll see this Screen

flashstart.png

After all files flashed

flashend.png

Hit Power and directly hit and hold Power + Vol+ + Vol-

Select Recovery

When the dead Android appears hit Vol+ & Vol- at the same time

In the Recovery wipe cache (I recommend wipe data)

apply update from external Storage

Select the Blur_Version.651.167.26.XT910.Retail.en.EU.zip

After the process is done Reboot your Device and enjoy your new ICS.

BTW: WHEN YOU FLASH AN CUSTOM ROM ON THIS FW, USE THE SAME WAY TO GET BACK IF YOU'RE RUNNING INTO TROUBLE!
SO HAPPY CRACKFLASHING ;)

ehi can i use this metod for update my razr from gingerbread 2.3.6 at ics ? sorry for the question but i'm noob :S

Peccz

Jan 18, 2012
How do I flash this running Linux? I accidentally killed my Windowz 7 bootloader and now I just want to get rid of it... :silly:
I have an idea of how Fla**IT works and have been tempted to just change the script to flash the mentioned files, but I don't know if the Windows script does something different?

Top Liked Posts