FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD]App2ExtSD2 [Works for all U.S. Galaxy S3!]

1,210 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,873

Post Reply Email Thread
This is a hack that that allows you to swap internal storage with your external SD card so you can increase your app data storage.

All credits go to original i9300 App2ExtSD Hack by mattiadj. I simply hacked it to work with U.S. versions and also I've added code so it will disable this feature when you don't have a microSD card inserted (app storage will default to internal when no microSD card is inserted).

E.g. If you have 16GB internal storage on Galaxy S3, you can install this witih a 64GB microSD card and swap the storage and get 64GB on your app storage instead of 16GB.

Before you can use this, you will need:
1) Rooted Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535/SPH-L710/SGH-T999/SCH-I747) or also Canadian versions too (i747m, etc...etc...)
2) A ROM/kernel with init.d support!
3) I've only tested this with TouchWiz-based ROMs, so it should work on stock ROMs and any TouchWiz-based ROMs, not sure on CM9 or CM10.
4) You must use the FAT32 or EXTFAT zip file below, depending on what format your microSD Card is in! (e.g. if you have a FAT32 microSD card, use FAT32)

To get this working, simply flash the zip files in your CWM Recovery:

Download and Details:
http://galaxys3root.com/galaxy-s3-tu...ian-galaxy-s3/

If you do not have init.d support, you can also enable on any rooted phone by using Script Manager, here's a quick tutorial:
I recommend you to FORMAT your microSD card once to get camera working flawless before using this hack!

How to disable this:
If for some reason you are having trouble, simply delete /system/etc/init.d/11extsd2internalsd.
OR
if you leave your microSD card out during boot (then re-insert it after), your phone will work as normal (internal storage used for app data).
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to zedomax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zedomax Ad-Free

23rd August 2012, 09:42 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,178

More
Awesome Z! Thanks much needed.

WhiteHot GS3.
23rd August 2012, 10:39 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedomax

This is a hack that that allows you to swap internal storage with your external SD card so you can increase your app data storage.

All credits go to original i9300 App2ExtSD Hack by mattiadj. I simply hacked it to work with U.S. versions and also I've added code so it will disable this feature when you don't have a microSD card inserted (app storage will default to internal when no microSD card is inserted).

E.g. If you have 16GB internal storage on Galaxy S3, you can install this witih a 64GB microSD card and swap the storage and get 64GB on your app storage instead of 16GB.

Before you can use this, you will need:
1) Rooted Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535/SPH-L710/SGH-T999/SCH-I747) or also Canadian versions too (i747m, etc...etc...)
2) A ROM/kernel with init.d support!
3) I've only tested this with TouchWiz-based ROMs, so it should work on stock ROMs and any TouchWiz-based ROMs, not sure on CM9 or CM10.
4) You must use the FAT32 or EXTFAT zip file below, depending on what format your microSD Card is in! (e.g. if you have a FAT32 microSD card, use FAT32)

To get this working, simply flash the zip files in your CWM Recovery:

Download and Details:
http://galaxys3root.com/galaxy-s3-tu...ian-galaxy-s3/

How to disable this:
If for some reason you are having trouble, simply delete /system/etc/init.d/11extsd2internalsd.
OR
if you leave your microSD card out during boot (then re-insert it after), your phone will work as normal (internal storage used for app data).

I have a 32gig card, where do I find out which type it is?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
24th August 2012, 01:14 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo8987

I have a 32gig card, where do I find out which type it is?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

if you have microsd adapter connect to your computer and right click properties for windowz.
The Following User Says Thank You to zedomax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zedomax Ad-Free
24th August 2012, 07:56 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedomax

if you have microsd adapter connect to your computer and right click properties for windowz.

Can you please try this Mod on ktoonz latest AKOP rom? i tried but it didnt stick, i hope im just doing it wrong this mod would be sick on that rom
26th August 2012, 04:57 PM |#6  
Flag Mechanicsburg
Thanks Meter: 30

Donate to Me
More
does anyone have a mirror or email the zip the link is down as of right now

[email protected] please
26th August 2012, 06:10 PM |#7  
Flag Stockton, CA
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

does anyone have a mirror or email the zip the link is down as of right now

[email protected] please

u get it already?the dl link worked fine for me..
26th August 2012, 06:13 PM |#8  
Flag Mechanicsburg
Thanks Meter: 30

Donate to Me
More
works now
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickriego

u get it already?the dl link worked fine for me..

Its back up thanks
26th August 2012, 06:15 PM |#9  
Flag Stockton, CA
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Its back up thanks

np. flashed on aokp..not sure if its working. gonna install some stuff n see wut happerns.
26th August 2012, 07:03 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

np. flashed on aokp..not sure if its working. gonna install some stuff n see wut happerns.

I don't think it works on AOKP/CM9/CM10 ROMs, I am making a new script later today though.
The Following User Says Thank You to zedomax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zedomax Ad-Free
27th August 2012, 12:07 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

You don't have to randomly install, check your storage in settings and you should see the two flipped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)