HELP: How to root Huawei u8825d / g330d

41 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By tkrued, Member on 24th August 2012, 07:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th November 2012, 05:08 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I've talked with the German Support. They are looking for a solution. I hope they find it...
The Following User Says Thank You to proXi1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift proXi1 Ad-Free

11th November 2012, 11:40 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by proXi1

I've talked with the German Support. They are looking for a solution. I hope they find it...

I tried to ask for the unlocking password using as a model u8950-1.
Now I'm waiting the mail with the unlock code and see if it works.
If you want to try here is the link
12th November 2012, 03:46 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
no internet
Hi,
I rooted the phone and flashed Gapps. Everything works except no internet. Manually input the APN. No use. Used to have it before Gapps flash. Any help?
12th November 2012, 02:26 PM |#34  

More
Normally flashing GApps will take no effekt on the other parts from a ROM. There must be something else you've done. Which tool was in use for flashing? Have you already CWM installed?
14th November 2012, 05:11 PM |#35  

More
rooting
Thank you NewRoot1 for the reply. I went to the network shop and they gave me a new setting for APN. That’s it. Back to normal again. Now that the phone is behaving I can share the experience. I got the phone from Taobao online store. The phone came unlocked and unrooted as I asked. The shop also got rid of Chinese stock apps. All I was missing was google apps, particularly google play.
I found this.
But the root access was gone when I was deleting more stock apps.
So I started from the beginning and installed the recovery again with “recovery6.0.1.2_AscendG330D.exe” from here.
I downloaded the exe file to PC. Then I installed Java and android SDK to the PC. Download and run the “Handset WinDriver.exe” on the PC from here.
Switch the phone to fastboot mode (vol DOWN and power buttons). The phone would freeze at wo logo. Connect the phone to PC.
Then I double-click the “recovery6.0.1.2_AscendG330D.exe” file on PC, follow the instruction (just press any key on the first screen and same on the second screen), and get recovery. Disconnect the phone from PC.
Then place “Root Recovery.zip” in the SD card. Put the card in the phone and boot the phone to recovery mode (vol UP and power buttons).
Choose update from SD and pick the recovery zip and flash. Reboot and get root.
Repeat the procedure this time with the gapps in the SD card. Get google Play.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Root Recovery.zip - [Click for QR Code] (885.0 KB, 419 views)
29th November 2012, 07:37 PM |#36  

More
u8825d unlock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myat Min

Finally, I got root access for Huawei 8825D. Somebody need help for that, i can support in detail.

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

hi having the same issues as you just requested unlock code from huawei but not sure what programs i need to unlock phone can you let me have the links and did you use superoneclick to root phone
12th December 2012, 10:30 PM |#37  
Flag Yangon

More
Thumbs up
nice................
28th December 2012, 10:04 PM |#38  

More
unlock
can i root this phone without bootloader unlocked ? .. Cause i does request to Huawei for unlock code .. but any mail don't come to me from Huawei ... so i can't root my phone ...
( sry for my english )
20th February 2013, 11:13 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Hello,

The G330-1 (U8825-1) is not listed on their unlock site, and they don't seem to have any plans to release the bootloader unlock codes. We're trying to find some way to unlock it. If one of you G330-D (U8825-D) guys don't mind, any of the following files (intended for U8825-D, i.e. G330-D) could potentially help us unlock the bootloader of the U8825-1, so if possible, please post them:
  • An UPDATE.APP for B935-B944 stock firmware, if you have it from an update, etc.
  • Images of these partitions: /dev/block/mmcblk0p6 , /dev/block/mmcblk0p11 , /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 , /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 using dd from an unlocked and rooted phone.

The command to prepare an image of a partition is (you'll want to execute these as root, run su first):
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=mmcblk0p6.img bs=4M
This will create a mmcblk0p6.img in the current folder, but you'll probably want to cd /sdcard/ before preparing those images. Please include your build version (i.e. B944, etc) when providing the images.

Please post these images or the UPDATE.APP (of build version B935-B944) if possible!

Thanks and regards,
SgrA
21st February 2013, 02:22 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgrA

Hello, [*]An UPDATE.APP for B935-B944 stock firmware, if you have it from an update, etc.
Thanks and regards,
SgrA

Here is U8825D official firmware B935 download link.
Code:
http://www.huaweidevice.com/cn/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDIwMTE%3D
The Following User Says Thank You to kyawzaw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kyawzaw Ad-Free
21st February 2013, 01:31 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Thanks, I tried that and B938SP1, it doesn't match up any better than what the others did. Would be nice if someone posts the image files, please.
The Following User Says Thank You to SgrA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SgrA Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)