Hello folks..This ROM built from CM Sources and using some of nAa's MiniCM nightly sources to make it more compatible with our tiny x8 ( Thanks to eagleeyetom's for his great Tutorial-Guide ) and also big thanks to our Team support . So, This ROM running the latest CM7 sources. Please NOTE! This is NOT another themed ROM! I have made this ROM Compitable with nAa14 / Alfsv08a-CM7 (Just amazing, perfectly smooth) so you should have it now, right?
If you like my work please consider buying me a beer or something else
by clicking the THANKS button, of course it isn't needed but greatly appreciated and keeps me motivated.
You have a question post it in the thread,
Instead of Pm'ing me, as other users may
experience you problems
Your warranty is now void. By Reading This You Accept that: Bla bla and bla! We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
Never ask for an ETA!!!
RULES: * I doesnt include/execlude a package if you request me! * Do not spam me with pm ... (Example: Pls add support for Beats :() * Pls include speed or a2sd scrip, my answer: NO! * This Rom will Be a CM Vanilla, and nothing else!
This ROM is for the X8 -- For the X10mini check here
BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
Hashy , RajVien , Darvin , Manmeet , Jack , Anil , Wyblade
If you like the ROM, don't hesitate to rate this Thread, give it what it deserve
If I deserve a (Thanks) , u can express that by pressing the Thanks button
With Xperia S theme
With ICS Theme
- Latest CM7 sources
- All CM 7.2 features
- Official GingerSony Wallpaper
- Clean ROM
- Xperia S Theme by Achep and Chris95X8
- Xperia S Fonts / Jellybean
- Better RAM Management
- Great battery life
- WiFi tethering
- WiFi Hotspot support
- Xperia S Launcher
- Xperia S Styled Settings
- Minimal number of apps are installed
- Awesome Performance
- Awesome 2D/3D
- nAa14 / alfsv08a-CM7 kernel support
- Smooth in Gaming
- My own Optimization and Tweeks
..Maybe future new features will be expanded.
Pretty much everything is working.
You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running custom kernel, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.
Please use the project's tracker for reporting bugs. Please file them properly following the template or they will be discarded.
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.
**THE ROM YOUR RUNNING OR TESTING
**YOUR PROBLEM AND/OR YOUR FEEDBACK
**ANY SPECIFIC ROOKIE DEV YOU ARE ADDRESSING
IF YOU POST A VAGUE QUESTION OR GIVE A VAGUE REPORT, NO ONE WILL RESPOND. IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT A FIX FOR ONE ROM OR ISSUE MAY NOT HELP FOR ANOTHER, AND COULD EVENTUALLY CAUSE DAMAGE. WE ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR GIVING IMPROPER ADVICE WITH SO MANY PEOPLE LOOKING FOR ANSWERS EVERY DAY. PROTECT YOURSELF; GIVE AS MANY DETAILS AS YOU CAN.
- A X8 device
- CWM Recovery
- Unlocked bootloader
- Latest kernel ( that you recommend )
- Download Rom , and latest Kernel that you prefer! nAa or Alfs
- Flash kernel using flashtool
- Boot into CWM
- Wipe Data
- Flash the ROM
- Flash the gaaps too
- Reboot and Enjoy!
Gaaps addon for GingerSony! Please flash this once you installed GingerSony.
PLEASE FLASH THIS (sensors hotfix) once you have flashed GingerSony! Only for Alfsv08a users!
DO NOT MIRROR! IF YOU NEED..I WILL MAKE ONE!
After first installation, it may be a bit lag..The lag will gone and performance will automatically increase after 10min!
Please make sure you followed the above steps before reporting any issues, especially 'wipe data/factory reset'
If you're having trouble booting while using alfs kernel, please follow these steps
1.Turn off your phone
2.Remove the SDcard
3.Turn on your phone without the SDcard
4.After successfully booted into the ROM, insert your SDcard!
If you having bugs on Fonts ( or if you dont like it ) you can flash this HOTFIX
If you have battery drain issue, try this following:
Generally, I usually get 2-3 days out of a charge (give or take depending on usage).
- Clear battery stats in recovery
- Don't set brightness too high
- Turn off Wifi, 2G, 3G, GPS, Bluetooth when not in use!
- Don't install too many unused apps ( install needed apps )
- Freeze unused services like (DSP Manager, Maps, Facebook, Music)
1. You are not allowed to soft-mod this ROM. Why ? Read this. Since I started developing this ROM! and optimized parts of the ROM, I know each and every component of it, which means I'll know if someone has illegally based their ROM on mine.
2.You are NOT allowed to use the pre-built ROM, or any parts there for, in any way, shape, or form. We will not give permits to use this ROM as a base whatever port you want to do. You won't get it!!.
3. If you don't like this ROM, please save your energy and time by looking the other ROMS from the X8 forum.
4. Report any bugs you face, TeamVince will do our best to fix it.
5. I would Respect you as you would respect me.
6. We are NOT responsible for any bugs caused by custom-made fixes/additions/tweaks. You use them at your own risk and responsibility!
Want to contribute to the GingerSony ROM? Well you can!
Checkout our source code, and information on how to submit changes for review.
You can visit our github.
Sources is Here.
If you know how to code, and would like to implement something, fork a repo, do it, and send a pull request
Donations are never needed, but always appreciated.
- CyanogenMod Team.
- nobodyAtall for his MiniCM's Sources.
- eagleeyetom for his [Tutorial-Guide].
- alfsamsung and djnilse for his Alfs Kernel.
- Achep and Chris95X8 for their awesome Xperia S theme
- TeamVince (our own team to make this possible)
- And also Sony Ericsson for their nice X8 hardware but crap SE software!!
Understand that there are likely to be bugs, both known and unknown, and that all appropriate experimental-software disclaimers apply, including the fact that by using or attempting to use this software, you assume all risk for fooling with your hardware. We will not be held responsible for any potential loss of data, destruction of hardware, removal or disappearance of limbs, life, or coins in the couch. We do not claim this software is fit for any purpose, etc. Beware of Dragons.
This said, we do feel that the our work is finally “good enough” for interested people with a tolerance for risk to get their hands on.
The releases, instructions, and extras posted here are to be used at your own risk. We work hard to provide good, workable knowledge and builds, and test our work before posting it up front. Nevertheless, no one is responsible if you lose your files, brick your device, or inadvertently cause a nuclear war. If you are seeking absolute perfection, RUN NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN!! However, if you are all about the learning process as we are, stick around and see what 'develops'!
Sure for now. Enjoy, and remember... if something screws up, don’t blame us!
Expect flaws! There *WILL* be an next update.
(check this thread again for updates)
For more updates..Join our ORIGINAL GingerSony Group.
We can't be held responsible if this ROM bricks your device or makes it explode in your hands! Use it at your own risk!
If any of the apps included in the ROM is copyright-protected, please let me know so I can remove it.