FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Found a non-oem charger that works.

41 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

Post Reply Email Thread
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rev_prod_title

Onite Acer Iconia Tab A500 A501 A100 Acer Iconia A510-10k32u 10.1-Inch Tablet Wall Charger, Compatible with Acer Iconia Tablet A500 A501 A100 A200 7" 10", 12V 1.5A Custom Made DC Pin $14.99 and Free Shipping.

So far it works well, I don't use my tablet while it's charging, so I don't know how it holds up drawing that much power, I use the acer dock when charging, with the tablet on and screen off. My old oem cable had a short in it and it finally gave out. . This has a much longer cable than the OEM. So far it seems to be charging fine. I'll keep everyone up to date on any issues I find.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GateCityRadio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GateCityRadio Ad-Free

29th August 2012, 12:47 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Greensboro, NC
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Well it's been two days and the charger still seems to work fine. It charged the tablet from dead to 100% on the first day no problem. I may buy a spare to use elsewhere around the house.
2nd October 2012, 05:44 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks I have always hated the short power adapter that came with the tablet. I might have to pick one of these up soon.
24th October 2012, 09:13 PM |#4  
Flag Victorville, CA
Thanks Meter: 12

Donate to Me
More
thanks Kev

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

found cheaper apparently also works.
http://www.amazon.com/Travel-Adapter...s=a500+charger
19th June 2013, 09:11 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
And for the european users:
I just bought this charger on ebay.de (ebay Germany): LADEGERÄT NETZTEIL 12V 1.5A FÜR Acer Iconia Tab A100, A101, A500, A501
Price was EUR 12,40 incl. shipping.
Manufacturer: vhbw

Works fine. Using it as a travel charger since I need the original one for my dock.

(Sorry. I´m not allowed to post links yet)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)