Besides, please uninstall any versions older than 2.83 before installing the new version (2.83) because a new package name is assigned and your Android device will treat it as a separate app.
This is my first Android app. Basically I want to replicate the grid-style photo widget from HTC so it can be used by other phones or in AOSP ROM.
I developed the widget and tested it on my HTC Incredible S. If you're interested, please install it in other phones of different brand and screen size. If you encounter any issues, please feel free to report here or give me a PM. Or if you have any request for new features, I'll also consider in future versions.
- Resizable & scrollable grid view / photo frame mode / stack mode
- Support lockscreen widget in JellyBean (Android 4.2 and up)
- Configurable slideshow interval for frame mode
- Supports JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, MPO, JPS for image files
- Support 3GP, MP4, TS, WEBM, MKV for video files (http://developer.android.com/guide/a...a-formats.html)
- Configurable file types & filename filter
- Selectable photo album from internal/external storage
- Individual file selection
- Can choose a specific installed app to launch for full screen image view or video playback
- Image file details in preview mode (Filename, image dimension, file size and video duration)
- Tween animation in frame mode (fade / slide) ** even better slide effect if navigation arrows are hidden **
- Support different settings in multiple widget instances
- Two different image styles - Scale whole image / Crop to fit
- User define image border width and color
- Thumbnail size options
- Display order options
- Limit the maximum no of photo files to show. Default is 50.
- App to change widget settings on the fly
- Tasker integration
- Requires ICS (Android 4.0) or above
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - store thumbnails for grid view to improve performance
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - read thumbnails for grid view
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - restart services for auto refresh and register alarm manager for slideshow
- WAKE_LOCK - keep phone awake during background thumbnail generation
- VIBRATE - vibrate when thumbnail is selected
- Due to a bug in Android 4.2.1 SDK, if you remove the widget in lockscreen, you need to remove its settings in the app as well manually. Fixed in 4.2.2 SDK.