[MOD/How to] Remove "You have lost data connectivity" roaming notification

5,315 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,187

Post Reply Email Thread
This is annoying, so here's how to remove it.

How-to for devs:

Decompile SecPhone.apk or classes.dex from SecPhone.apk

Open com\android\phone\NotificationMgr.smali

FIND:
Code:
    const v5, 0x7f0e00b9
REMOVE BELOW:
Code:
    invoke-virtual {v4, v5}, Landroid/content/Context;->getString(I)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v4

iget-object v5, p0, Lcom/android/phone/NotificationMgr;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

invoke-static {v5, v6, v0, v6}, Landroid/app/PendingIntent;->getActivity(Landroid/content/Context;ILandroid/content/Intent;I)Landroid/app/PendingIntent;

move-result-object v0

invoke-virtual {v1, v2, v3, v4, v0}, Landroid/app/Notification;->setLatestEventInfo(Landroid/content/Context;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Landroid/app/PendingIntent;)V

iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/phone/NotificationMgr;->mNotificationManager:Landroid/app/NotificationManager;

const/4 v2, 0x7

invoke-virtual {v0, v2, v1}, Landroid/app/NotificationManager;->notify(ILandroid/app/Notification;)V
CODE RESULT:
Code:
    const v5, 0x7f0e00b9

return-void
Compile SecPhone.apk or classes.dex and push SecPhone.apk to phone.

Below is a flashable zip in both odex and deodex forms.

Enjoy.

Here's the Odexed version. Thanks Didact74!: here
The Following 65 Users Say Thank You to freeza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2012, 09:00 PM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Charleston, WV
Thanks Meter: 22,341

Donate to Me
More
Thank you sir. Love how you all share the information and knowledge. Going to get this done this evening.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dazednconfused For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dazednconfused Ad-Free
28th August 2012, 09:24 PM |#3  
Flag East Lansing
Thanks Meter: 7,019

Donate to Me
More
Nice will have to include in FreeGS3
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to clark44 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift clark44 Ad-Free
28th August 2012, 10:23 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clark44

Nice will have to include in FreeGS3

Clark which one do i use for FreeGS3? Sorry for another noob question... Lol.... Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to wilderckw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wilderckw Ad-Free
28th August 2012, 10:24 PM |#5  
Flag 28.2S, 92.1W
Thanks Meter: 13,908

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilderckw

Clark which one do i use for FreeGS3? Sorry for another noob question... Lol.... Thanks

Deodexed

The Following User Says Thank You to Naddict For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Naddict Ad-Free
28th August 2012, 10:27 PM |#6  
Flag Metro Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 324

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza

This is annoying, so here's how to remove it.

How-to for devs:

Decompile SecPhone.apk or classes.dex from SecPhone.apk

Open com\android\phone\NotificationMgr.smali

FIND:
Code:
    const v5, 0x7f0e00b9
REMOVE BELOW:
Code:
    invoke-virtual {v4, v5}, Landroid/content/Context;->getString(I)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v4

iget-object v5, p0, Lcom/android/phone/NotificationMgr;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

invoke-static {v5, v6, v0, v6}, Landroid/app/PendingIntent;->getActivity(Landroid/content/Context;ILandroid/content/Intent;I)Landroid/app/PendingIntent;

move-result-object v0

invoke-virtual {v1, v2, v3, v4, v0}, Landroid/app/Notification;->setLatestEventInfo(Landroid/content/Context;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Landroid/app/PendingIntent;)V

iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/phone/NotificationMgr;->mNotificationManager:Landroid/app/NotificationManager;

const/4 v2, 0x7

invoke-virtual {v0, v2, v1}, Landroid/app/NotificationManager;->notify(ILandroid/app/Notification;)V
CODE RESULT:
Code:
    const v5, 0x7f0e00b9

return-void
Compile SecPhone.apk or classes.dex and push SecPhone.apk to phone.

Below is a flashable zip in both odex and deodex forms.

Enjoy.

Damn man you just keep it coming don't you? I was at home yesterday and that message kept popping up and it is annoying as hell, thanks a lot Freeza!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jfree3000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jfree3000 Ad-Free
28th August 2012, 11:25 PM |#7  
Flag far far away
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Works perfectly (I can barely even roam at home) so it was almost always popping up, one less annoying thing in my life, thank you Sir
29th August 2012, 02:34 AM |#8  
Lansing MI
Thanks Meter: 319

More
Working great for me right now as i type this lol. Awesome thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbadboy2007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jbadboy2007 Ad-Free
29th August 2012, 02:42 AM |#9  
Livonia, MI
Thanks Meter: 619

More
I thank you for this also. Being in Detroit where 3g sucks, this came in so much that i called Sprint and talked to 3 different techs that did not know as much as my noobly self. I have finally learned to deal with it, but not anymore thanks to freeza!
The Following User Says Thank You to notmyepic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift notmyepic Ad-Free
29th August 2012, 03:19 AM |#10  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 346

More
This really bothers folks that much? Really? Wow...
29th August 2012, 04:18 AM |#11  
Flag Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 1,166

More
You just saved me probably 15-20 eye rolls while at work.. I get it phone, you don't have 3g!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to DrKaotica For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DrKaotica Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)