As we can't modify neither boot nor recovery partition we need use 2nd-init.
This means that the whole recovery resides on the system partition.
For more info see this article about 2nd-init: http://cvpcs.org/blog/2011-06-14/2nd...d_how_it_works
This is now a fully signed recovery!
We can manually sign the images now (leaked LG RSA keys). This means this installs to the separate recovery partition and is not bound to the installed rom anymore.
You can also flash a custom recovery via fastboot (no prior rooting required)
How to install
- Make sure you have rooted your phone (e.g. by following this guide by Walhalla: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...21&postcount=8)
- Download the apk
- Install the apk on your phone
- Press "Install Recovery" and grant superuser permissions
- Be patient and press "ok" once finished
- Reboot and hold VOLUME DOWN + CAMERA while booting
- TWRP once again included (also fully signed)
- CWM updated to latest version
- New kernel
- Drastically improved partition format speed
- Internal SD is now default, use "... from external SD" to use your slot SD card
- Use safer paths for install procedure
- Full recovery (no more 2nd-init)
- Installs to your recovery partition
- Not bound to installed rom
- Fixed USB mounting in recovery
- Fixed "Reboot to recovery"
- Added TWRP
- Initial release