FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root Lenovo A789

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By erwincmv, Junior Member on 29th August 2012, 06:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys, does someone have a lead on howto root this device or place the google play store on it. I have tried different apk's for the store but they all end in "unfortunately play store stopped working" I would appreciate some help. If there is none available yet, so be it. thx in advance
29th August 2012, 09:02 PM |#2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 340

More
I am not sure if the best way to root would be getting an app from the play store. I have always just trusted manual root. Have you tried using superoneclick? It is just one click to root with that program.

Sorry if this doesn't help. Hit thanks if it did.
30th August 2012, 01:07 PM |#3  
Flag Czech Republik
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwincmv

Hi guys, does someone have a lead on howto root this device or place the google play store on it. I have tried different apk's for the store but they all end in "unfortunately play store stopped working" I would appreciate some help. If there is none available yet, so be it. thx in advance

I can not English. Czech Republic. I did it by this. it works. I tried to load other ROM but china. no multilanguage probably is not. solve it on some Russian forum.

http://www.fight.org.ua/publications...novo_A789.html

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

yet there is also something with the ROM

http://www.tinhte.vn/threads/1470390/

I have tried and it is not much of anything is not working Market, GSM banking. MoreLocale does not help. Again I installed a backup

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

is there and how to enable Market

http://forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtop...21726&start=40

30th August 2012, 02:20 PM |#4  
Flag Czech Republik
Thanks Meter: 3

More
lenovo A789
http://www.theandroidsoul.com/downlo...ay-apk-3-5-19/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alZHGDZYf3g

gooooooooooooooooooooogle

4th September 2012, 07:27 AM |#5  
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 475

More
I am working on a ROM for the A789.

But rooting may be easier. Do you have a working recovery on the phone?
Turn off phone, remove battery, reinsert battery, Turn on phone while pressing *both* volume buttons: *HOWEVER* you need to press the power button slightly before (.5 sec) you press both volume buttons.

If you have a working recovery, to root may be as simple as installing the "CWM installable ZIP" from Chainfire.

If you do not have a recovery, then please follow me here, I am working on a ROM, but no promise on speed.
5th September 2012, 11:50 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Rooting
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermaus

I am working on a ROM for the A789.

But rooting may be easier. Do you have a working recovery on the phone?
Turn off phone, remove battery, reinsert battery, Turn on phone while pressing *both* volume buttons: *HOWEVER* you need to press the power button slightly before (.5 sec) you press both volume buttons.

If you have a working recovery, to root may be as simple as installing the "CWM installable ZIP" from Chainfire.

If you do not have a recovery, then please follow me here, I am working on a ROM, but no promise on speed.

I'm able to get into recovery but cannot flash anything because I cannot get the damn thing rooted. The market is still not working in any possible way, backuped apk's from my asus tf101. In general I like the phone, it's quite fast for the price and works well and would have kept it factory clean as the damn google store would work!
7th September 2012, 01:42 PM |#7  

More
Thumbs up New Lenovo A789 firmware
New Lenovo A789 firmware, A789_S227_120828. It can be found on mobileuncle, bbs.lenovomobile etc.
7th September 2012, 02:15 PM |#8  
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 475

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwincmv

I'm able to get into recovery but cannot flash anything because I cannot get the damn thing rooted. The market is still not working in any possible way, backuped apk's from my asus tf101. In general I like the phone, it's quite fast for the price and works well and would have kept it factory clean as the damn google store would work!

Read again: If you can get into recovery, *then* you can simply root it by applying chainfire's zip package as linked above. Or at least, if you have a proper recovery. By which I mean not the factory one. If you are not sure, post a photo of the recovery.

I'll check out that new S227 package, thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to cybermaus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cybermaus Ad-Free
7th September 2012, 02:35 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Thumbs up Rooting
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermaus

Read again: If you can get into recovery, *then* you can simply root it by applying chainfire's zip package as linked above. Or at least, if you have a proper recovery. By which I mean not the factory one. If you are not sure, post a photo of the recovery.

I'll check out that new S227 package, thanks

It was indeed the factory recovery which screwed up rooting, I used the method from mobileuncle and everything went fine now. Thx to all for your support, it's greatly appreciated. Will als check out the new S227 ROM ASAP
12th September 2012, 05:49 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
rooting
@ Cybermaus, for some reason I'm not able to post "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1874403". I have flashed your ROM, it flashed ok regarding the flash tool, it boots up with the animation described in your topic but it hangs on the lenovo logo. I have let it there for more then 10 minutes because I know booting after a new ROM flash can take sometime. Did you hear something similar for an A789 or even for an A750? My previous installed ROM was the "Apkhot_lenovo789_4.0.4_0808+" which ran fine. Thx for a reply
13th September 2012, 12:45 PM |#11  

More
@ Cybermaus: Regarding A789_S227_cybermaus_V2: Lenovo Security and Lenovo (Go) Launcher can easily be removed once i installed your firmware? Because i want a clean firmware and go from there.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)