FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Anyone having trouble syncing with Evernote?

5,918 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,379

By mitchellvii, Senior Member on 30th August 2012, 09:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just attempted to sync my S-Notes with Evernote. It says they have synced correctly.

However, when I open the Evernote app nothing is showing up and there is a message at the bottom left stating that syncing has failed. I tried adding a folder directly to Evernote from within the app and it crashed.

Any ideas?

30th August 2012, 09:24 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC

More
Hmmm, ok well the syncing is showing up on my laptop version of Evernote but not my tablet version. odd.

Also, apparently it is syncing them as .snb files which Evernote apparently cannot display. What am doing wrong here? Why is it exporting my S-Notes to Evernote in an unreadable format?
30th August 2012, 10:06 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii

Hmmm, ok well the syncing is showing up on my laptop version of Evernote but not my tablet version. odd.

Also, apparently it is syncing them as .snb files which Evernote apparently cannot display. What am doing wrong here? Why is it exporting my S-Notes to Evernote in an unreadable format?

I would consider dropping OneNote and moving to Evernote if you could get me the anser to that. I tried the same thing, but it does me no good to have my notes synced to Evernote if I cannot open them on my PC and see them on my evernote app on the tablet.
30th August 2012, 10:16 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidAble

I would consider dropping OneNote and moving to Evernote if you could get me the anser to that. I tried the same thing, but it does me no good to have my notes synced to Evernote if I cannot open them on my PC and see them on my evernote app on the tablet.

From what I have been reading online S-Notes created using the Note appear perfectly within Evernote. I am assuming those notes have the same file format and extension. Weird wonder what the issue is.

I can't seem to find a thing online discussing the SGN10 and Evernote.

** Same thing with Google Docs. It doesn't recognize the file extension and can't display the content.

I am trying to figure out why Samsung wants us to sync our notes to two services which cannot read the format?????

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
31st August 2012, 02:02 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC

More
No one else is having Evernote issues? As far as I can tell Evernote doesn't recognize the snb file extension and won't display s notes content. This is very odd since s note recommends syncing with something that has no idea what it is.

I've seen videos of people syncing their Note with Evernote and it works fine.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
11th September 2012, 06:19 PM |#6  

More
I'm having the same issue. Just testing out the Galaxy Note 10.1 to see how it fits into my workflow and wondering if I can happily replace the keyboard/shell design of my Transformer. Part of that is notes sync which I was trilled to see but I cannot open them in Evernote. Anyone know how to open one of these snb files in Evernote?
11th September 2012, 06:45 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeggen

I'm having the same issue. Just testing out the Galaxy Note 10.1 to see how it fits into my workflow and wondering if I can happily replace the keyboard/shell design of my Transformer. Part of that is notes sync which I was trilled to see but I cannot open them in Evernote. Anyone know how to open one of these snb files in Evernote?

Unfortunately not possible. You can store them in Evernote and use that to sync with other devices which support .snb but you cannot view them. Have no idea why Samsung chose the very obscure .snb standard for Snotes. This makes Dropbox a better solution because youc an sync using DropSync for the Market.

My guess is that Samsung is forching us to own other Samsung devices which can read their very specialized .snb files.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2
11th September 2012, 06:47 PM |#8  

More
Bummer. Are there any S-pen enabled note applications that can sync to Evernote (or via Dropsync) and open on the PC? I know I can always export them, but would prefer a solution that can regularly update notes as I write them for easy reference rather than exporting each time I make changes/additions.
11th September 2012, 06:55 PM |#9  

More
I would also like that solution.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using XDA Premium HD app
11th September 2012, 07:28 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Sync: Had that for a day, too, on both the Talley and phone, looks like something was broken somewhere. Works again now.

snb: these are basically zip files with JPEG pictures for each page and some additional info in xml files. Rename to .zip and open as usual. Of course, this doesn't give you notebooks, but the info is there, and you could even make pdfs of them.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
11th September 2012, 08:36 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1379

Sync: Had that for a day, too, on both the Talley and phone, looks like something was broken somewhere. Works again now.

snb: these are basically zip files with JPEG pictures for each page and some additional info in xml files. Rename to .zip and open as usual. Of course, this doesn't give you notebooks, but the info is there, and you could even make pdfs of them.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

If you are going to do all that you may as well just save .PDF copies from Snotes.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)