FORUMS

[Q] Coby Kyros Mid1125-4G stock ROM

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By goldgil2, Junior Member on 31st August 2012, 03:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello. I've been looking everywhere and I could not find a STOCK ROM for my Coby Kyros MID1125-4G. It happens that I installed ICS from Coby germany, but that slowed the tablet and has many problems with the WIFI, then updated via OTA to JellyBean and the thing was worse. Now I want to return to Gingerbread, but I don't have the stock image. Any of you have a STOCK ROM for this device? I will be very grateful for your help.
31st August 2012, 10:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgil2

Hello. I've been looking everywhere and I could not find a STOCK ROM for my Coby Kyros MID1125-4G. It happens that I installed ICS from Coby germany, but that slowed the tablet and has many problems with the WIFI, then updated via OTA to JellyBean and the thing was worse. Now I want to return to Gingerbread, but I don't have the stock image. Any of you have a STOCK ROM for this device? I will be very grateful for your help.

I think I've done pretty much the same as you....my tablet doesn't seem too bad...a bit glitchy maybe but I have no access to the APN settings meaning I can't use 3g. I'm hunting for answers as well.....if you find out anything before me let me know (and vice versa)
31st August 2012, 11:21 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I am glad im not the only one been trying to work out how to get the 4g sim card bit working again for the past few months since I did the update to ICS, was hoping the the update to Jellybean would fix it, tho I have a thought about the update if it helps that is when it downloads the update from the coby site it is downloading for the standard 1125 and not the 1125-4g model.

If i find out a solution or any more will let you know.
1st September 2012, 11:21 PM |#4  

More
Smile Solution :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNO1978

I think I've done pretty much the same as you....my tablet doesn't seem too bad...a bit glitchy maybe but I have no access to the APN settings meaning I can't use 3g. I'm hunting for answers as well.....if you find out anything before me let me know (and vice versa)

After hours of seraching on the net I now have my kyros 1125-3g back to 2.3.3 and with 3g support

I have uploaded the files needed to hxxp://kaosmad.com/android/mid1125/1125-3g.zip

There is a pdf file with instructions in the zip file but basically this is what you need to do,

0 make sure coby is turned off

1 - unzip the file
2 - install the drivers from the drivers folder (depending on your operating system)
3 - start the program FWDN_V7_v2.13
4 - click on the '...' button
5 - click on files types and change it to all files
6 - select lk.rom and MTD.img and click on open
7 - click on add files
8 - turn on coby by pushing the on button whilst holding the volume up button for at least 8 seconds, till the coby screen says plug in usb cable
9 - plub in usb cable
10 - wait for windows to finish detecting / installing drivers
11 - the FWDN software should now see the coby and show the memory allocation layout on the right side of the software.
12 - click on NAND Data from the block on the right and create file NAND Data.fai
13 - click on start
14 - wait while coby is updated
15 - when the screen says download complete (turns green) disconnect the usb cable
16 - reset the coby using the reset whole on the side with a paperclip or something else that fits in the whole.
17 - Coby should now be back to factory rom

Hope this is of some help
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kaosmad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kaosmad Ad-Free
4th September 2012, 11:08 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosmad

After hours of seraching on the net I now have my kyros 1125-3g back to 2.3.3 and with 3g support

I have uploaded the files needed to hxxp://kaosmad.com/android/mid1125/1125-3g.zip

There is a pdf file with instructions in the zip file but basically this is what you need to do,

0 make sure coby is turned off

1 - unzip the file
2 - install the drivers from the drivers folder (depending on your operating system)
3 - start the program FWDN_V7_v2.13
4 - click on the '...' button
5 - click on files types and change it to all files
6 - select lk.rom and MTD.img and click on open
7 - click on add files
8 - turn on coby by pushing the on button whilst holding the volume up button for at least 8 seconds, till the coby screen says plug in usb cable
9 - plub in usb cable
10 - wait for windows to finish detecting / installing drivers
11 - the FWDN software should now see the coby and show the memory allocation layout on the right side of the software.
12 - click on NAND Data from the block on the right and create file NAND Data.fai
13 - click on start
14 - wait while coby is updated
15 - when the screen says download complete (turns green) disconnect the usb cable
16 - reset the coby using the reset whole on the side with a paperclip or something else that fits in the whole.
17 - Coby should now be back to factory rom

Hope this is of some help

Thx for all the great info so far. It allowed me to make my bricked
tablet work again however it seems that I also have problem of the
"Damaged Nand". this message is preventing me from installing CWM after the recovery and
also upgrading to the latest ICS update provided by Coby.
Do you have any idea how to fix this ??
4th September 2012, 02:59 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alora

"Damaged Nand". this message is preventing me from installing CWM after the recovery and

From what I have read at various places you need to reformat the NAND (internal sd storage) and scan it for errors, this is a know fault as nands like hard drives can have bad sectors, which they write out when originally getting them ready for sale.

Most people recommend hxxp://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/index.html SD Formatter v3 to format it, obviously the coby has to be plugged into your computer to format it.

One note if you have the 3g version of the 1125 with the sim card slot using the coby germany upgrade to ics (or now updated to jellybean) using the updater on their site you wont be able to use the internal 3g sim card slot, this is a known problem to them and they are working on it.

If you need any more help just ask
4th September 2012, 06:11 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosmad

From what I have read at various places you need to reformat the NAND (internal sd storage) and scan it for errors, this is a know fault as nands like hard drives can have bad sectors, which they write out when originally getting them ready for sale.

Most people recommend hxxp://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/index.html SD Formatter v3 to format it, obviously the coby has to be plugged into your computer to format it.

One note if you have the 3g version of the 1125 with the sim card slot using the coby germany upgrade to ics (or now updated to jellybean) using the updater on their site you wont be able to use the internal 3g sim card slot, this is a known problem to them and they are working on it.

If you need any more help just ask

Hmm I have dowloaded the SD Formatter 3.1 but it only formates the NAND memory ( flash erase is not suported ) i dont know how to scan for errors, also in FWDN it shows me that the NAND data is:

NAND DATA
( 3235840KB )

Is this ok ?

Also I want to let you know that the original coby germany upgrade to ics I can use the internal 3g sim card slot

I have now the update to ICS but now I dont know how to root and put the market on it, to bad
8th October 2012, 08:15 AM |#8  
Flag Zagreb

More
Did you guys have any luck trying to get APN settings working on your tablet, i mean with the 4.1.1. on?
16th October 2012, 06:34 PM |#9  

More
sorry for my bad english

Is these instructions and the ROM for the 1125 without 3g usable?
If not, is there a tutorial for it and a stock ROM?
To explain:
I must have deleted important files in memory and can't run it any longer. it can not be started.

It is rooted. I would now like to re-flash.
How to get the 1125 in the CWM?
20th October 2012, 12:57 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Yes, you can use it. I have also used it to come back to GB.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fooox1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fooox1 Ad-Free
21st December 2012, 06:54 AM |#11  
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 195

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alora

Hi ! I also have the same problem on my MID1125 (without 3G)
...> Damaged NAND.

I forgot to make Step 12 :

As i read on the internet, the Data.fai File contains the Parition Layout for the NAND Flash. Can someone can make a Data.fai File from his MID1125 Tablet ?
If you do the downgrade steps until step 12, the tablet will not be flashed !

Thank you...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)