hey all i am working on my first port, a retro port - based on RUU_Kingdom_S_Sprint_WWE_2.12.651.5, it is the one of the official firmware versions from the EVO 4G DESIGN.
It is completely stock Sense 3.0, Android 2.3.4 and firmware version 2.12.651.5, but since I ported this using the same stock base that I use for my DigitalKarmaROM, it has been bumped to Android 2.3.5 and version 4.67
The goal is to offer a completely stock experience(as if you had just activated an Evo4G design from the store) with the enhancements you've come to expect from a rooted rom. think of it in the spirit of Sprint Lover's ROM for Sense 3.0. there are still some glitches to work out but hopefully everything works in the end.
xXxViRuSxXx - Original thanks for porting the first Kingdom to our device and using his resources for refernce
the_plattypus - Huge thanks for teaching me the ways of porting. This rom would not happen or come sooner without his knowledge
Dieselford - for volunteering, wanting to learn and helping with resizing tasks
Mazda - for inspiring me to try porting and he is a porting monster in his own right! HAHAH
TEAM DIRT - for passing around ideas, kicking it, lively chats and the usual craziness that goes on lol
- Almost everything
WHATS NOT WORKING
- Can't see yourself taking pic while in full-frontal camera view because of dark screen
- some HTC apps need resizing like HTC music, Gallery etc
- Weather app video lag heavily and discoloration
- Music app will close when switching orientation
- Friendstream widget logo still a white box
- you TELL me
Changelog for Beta v3.1: 09-28-12
- removed a2sd(was causing 4g/wifi and rooted apps not to work)
Changelog for Beta v3: 09-27-12
- keyboard resized
- Dialer/Call screen resized
- Calculator resized
- Calendar resized
- added Advanced Power Menu
- Sprint Hotspot hacked
- Smooth Scroll
- Native Screenshot Capture
- Sprint Lover's Battery %
- CRT Animations(partially done. only shows while closing)
- Dark Tremor A2SD
- WorldClock resized
- Some Build.prop tweaks
- couple Init.d tweaks(SDCard and Juwe11 ramscript)
- got rid of seperator bar in app drawer
Changelog for Beta v2: 09-14-12
- icons showing up in lockscreen and homescreen
- fixed a few other graphic glitches
- gallery now displays images
- weather app partially working
Changelog for Beta v1: 09-10-12
- resized homescreen and widgets to fit screen
- now 100mb internal space from 67mb
Alpha V3 changelog: 09-06-12
- Sound fixed(music player, notification/ringtones, in-call audio working)
- Mic fixed(phone works, Voice Search works)
- Camera half-fixed(Camera app works, but no front-facing camera in camera mode but works in camcorder)
- Video fixed(mp4, 3gp mostly working, youtube works)
Alpha V2 changelog: 09-03-12
- SD card now mounts
- HTC_IME resized qwerty in portrait mode only, number keypad still need resizingI've just started on this about two weeks now.
Alpha V1 changelog: 08-31-12
- it boots!
I've just started on this about two weeks now. This is an alpha build that is meant to be a preview of things to come and not much more. You can explore the UI in all its oversized glory and play around with some apps, menus etc. but don't expect it to be a daily right now...at least not yet.
KarmaKingdom Beta V3
Let Rom settle/screen off for a minute on the first boot before continuing. Beta V3 still has lockscreen and rosie stability issues when loading up, but when everything loads up, it runs like normal. Hope you like!
I will not be responsible for any damages to your phone.