FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Galaxy R i9103 continious reboot problem

44 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By ashvyas, Member on 1st September 2012, 09:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi , My phone I9103 Galaxy R continoius reboot ( 4 -5 times) whenever i power cycle the phone.
problem continious till I remove the memory card and restart the phone , but as soon as I reinsert the card it start continious reboot

I had to factory reset everytime and then phone become normal.

please help me is this known problem with Galaxy R ?? I serached the forma and found that widget should not kept in SD card and hence I removed most of them to phone memory but problem still there

I have not installed any custom ROM or Kernel and not even rooted my phone ..... currently on stock 2.3.5 GB

baseband version : I9103DDKH4
Kernel version : 2.6.36.3-I9103XWKI5-CL577705

please help me.

1st September 2012, 09:34 AM |#2  
Flag XDA 24 X 7
Thanks Meter: 2,432

More
This is some thing to do with Memory card, better format your card and try it agin ....
The Following User Says Thank You to mj.vikram For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mj.vikram Ad-Free
1st September 2012, 09:38 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj.vikram

This is some thing to do with Memory card, better format your card and try it agin ....

dude, I formated many time , but this problem persist,
Is this known problem ?
shell I go to Samsung service center ??... I don't want to do factory reset this time
1st September 2012, 09:43 AM |#4  
Flag XDA 24 X 7
Thanks Meter: 2,432

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvyas

Is this known problem ?
shell I go to Samsung service center ??... I don't want to do factory reset this time

No Buddy this is not the common problem with our Galaxy R...
The Following User Says Thank You to mj.vikram For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mj.vikram Ad-Free
1st September 2012, 10:02 AM |#5  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 281

More
Quote:

Is this known problem ?

I think ur mmc is damaged...not physically

Try with some other mmc n see wat happens

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2
1st September 2012, 10:31 AM |#6  
XDA 24 x 7
Thanks Meter: 899

More
SOLUTION

First, I'll tell you the reason of the problem!
Reason: The memory card you are using is not a high speed one! You have moved a lot of apps to the memory card! Each time you restart the device the memory card is scanned for apps and media! Certain apps that need to be loaded at start up have also been moved to the memory card. Due to the pathetic read speed of the memory card these apps don't get loaded in time and this sparks a reboot cycle(can't say why)

Solution: Move all the apps to the internal memory of your phone! Reboot! Problem solved! (Next time move only a few apps to the memory card!)
else
Order a high speed memory card over ebay!

Thnx!
The Following User Says Thank You to The-Droidster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The-Droidster Ad-Free
1st September 2012, 11:05 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Droidster

SOLUTION

Reason: The memory card you are using is not a high speed one! You have moved a lot of apps to the memory card! Each time you restart the device the memory card is scanned for apps and media! Certain apps that need to be loaded at start up have also been moved to the memory card. Due to the pathetic read speed of the memory card these apps don't get loaded in time and this sparks a reboot cycle(can't say why)

Solution: Move all the apps to the internal memory of your phone! Reboot! Problem solved! (Next time move only a few apps to the memory card!)
else

Thnx!

I am using "Transcend Memory Card MicroSDHC 16GB Class 10" but seems very logical as I have installed almost 175 apps and amoung thoser around 122 in SD card
2nd September 2012, 05:35 AM |#8  
Quote:

I am using "Transcend Memory Card MicroSDHC 16GB Class 10" but seems very logical as I have installed almost 175 apps and amoung thoser around 122 in SD card

Same here buddy.. I have class 10 16 gb card..bt in every haed boot, my 10 out of 209 app dont show..

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda app-developers app
2nd September 2012, 07:34 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Droidster

SOLUTION

else

Thnx!

a quick fix :
I removed some files from .android_secure of external sd card and it stopped reboot
seems Transcend is not something which should be looked for when looking for a high speed card.

can someone suggest how can we see reboot logs in un-rooted android ?? ( any app out there in market??)
2nd September 2012, 09:29 AM |#10  
XDA 24 x 7
Thanks Meter: 899

More
Buddy removing apps from .android.secure is the same as moving them back to phone, only difference is that by moving apps to phone you wouldn't have lost them!

Using logcat for debugging from the bootlog:
• Boot into recovery.
• Open Terminal on your computer (run >cmd)
• Enter the required logcat command. Preferably, -v long. (adb logcat -v long > logcat.txt)
• In recovery tell it to reboot the phone. The logcat will start recording internally on your device at boot automatically.
• Once the phone is at the lockscreen let it sit for 5 minutes.
• Unlock the phone and let it sit for about 10 seconds.
• Restart the phone.
• Once you restart the phone open the logcat file on your desktop to make sure it’s not blank/empty/something went wrong and if everything’s golden - send to your favorite developer.
The Following User Says Thank You to The-Droidster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The-Droidster Ad-Free
18th January 2017, 03:02 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
dudee i have a problem with my samsung galaxy r.it turns on and remains stuck on samsung screen for some seconds and then turns off.i dont want to perform a factory reset casue i have all my data and photo that unfortunately i havent backed up.somebody hellp me pls
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)