Built by zX TheRipper Xz
This ROM is a continuation of the Asylum CM ROM, originally developed by the much loved XDA legend and Asylum warden - antiochasylum.
anti (and chasmodo) have asked me to continue this ROM for the inmates that want it, so now, I will be bringing you the CM10 builds and anti will continue to bring you the AOKP builds.
Many hours goes into maintaining a ROM so if you like my work, you can donate using the donate button or clicking here:
Please also consider donating to antiochasylum. Without him, I wouldn't be bringing you this great ROM!
As always, flash at your own risk. I will not be held responsible if you brick your phone.
If you need help - USE THE SEARCH BOX! That's what it's there for!
If you have a question, it's probably been asked before and you will be able to find the answer if you search.
- Built from official CM10 source
- Cherry picked best features yet to be merged into CM10
- Replaced Superuser with SuperSU
- Customized AROMA installation with lots of extras
- Performance tweaks including Project Lard and Note 2 Audio Drivers
- UI tweaks
- Removed bloat
- Updated hosts file to block ads
- OTA Updates goo.im
- Mod & extras only mode - allows you to to quickly change kernels, install extras or change LCD density
- Choice of kernels (CM10 / HydraCore / AniDroid)
- Set GPS locale for fast GPS locks
- Pick your preferred LCD density
- Choice of homescreen launcher (Apex / Nova)
- Install gapps if selected
- Inverted GAPPS if selected
- Install additional apps if required (includes Adobe Flash and Swype & Beats Audio!)
- Additional apps & launcher installed to data/app to allow updating from market or uninstalling if required
I'll keep this short. If you don't know what you're doing, search the forums for help and see this thread:
1. Boot into recovery
2. Flash zip - AROMA will start and guide you through the installation, giving you the option to do a full wipe or just cache & dalvik
3. Reboot and wait - first boot takes a while
4. Once you've booted into android setup your google account, reboot
AROMA occasionally crashes.
If this happens, just start the installation process again.
DO NOT wipe data AFTER the flash!
As your selected launcher will be stored in data/app, wiping data will remove it and you won't have a launcher when you boot.
Please note: I will not provide support for problems caused by kernels other than included CM10 kernel, however I'm sure the rest of the inmates in the thread will be happy to help.
What's Not Working
Call log has small glitch if LCD density not at default 320 (this is a known CM10 issue)
DSP Manager won't play nicely with Note 2 audio drivers, however other equalizer apps work fine.
Please remember to hit the thanks button!
Mirror 1: http://d-h.st/cgV (thanks to ahalford)
Mirror 2: http://www.mobilemods.com.br/exuploa...lum_CM10_6.zip (thanks to henrique araujo)
If you want anti's AOKP build, go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1650413
antiochasylum - for founding the asylum, teaching me to build android from source and allowing me to contribute to the asylum
chasmodo - for hosting & support and answering all the inmates stupid questions
CyanogenMod - for turning android into what it should have always been
amarullz - for bringing us the AROMA installer
Roll Of Honour and Thanks
Boot Animation & Wallpaper Competition
Boot Animations (note: these must be renamed to bootanimation.zip and copied to /system/media)
http://goo.im/devs/zX_TheRipper_Xz/t...tanimation.zip (by ttibbetts83)
http://goo.im/devs/zX_TheRipper_Xz/b...tanimation.zip (by betoNL)
http://goo.im/devs/zX_TheRipper_Xz/t..._wallpaper.jpg (by ttibbetts83)
http://goo.im/devs/zX_TheRipper_Xz/t..._Wallpaper.jpg (by toxicthunder)
http://goo.im/devs/zX_TheRipper_Xz/a..._wallpaper.png (by ahalford)
http://goo.im/devs/zX_TheRipper_Xz/betoNL_wallpaper.jpg (by betoNL)
http://goo.im/devs/zX_TheRipper_Xz/t..._wallpaper.apk (by ttibbetts83)
Asylum Font (Origicide): http://goo.im/devs/zX_TheRipper_Xz/Asylum_Font.zip
Please feel free to download and use the attached signature below to show that you're repping Asylum CM10!