[11 SEP] Barebone CM7 v2b

1,118 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,060

By Rick_1995, Recognized Developer on 3rd September 2012, 12:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Code:
/*
 * @brief: Standard Disclaimer
 * Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
What is the difference between this and the nightly ?
  • All libraries and native code is compiled in ARM mode (except for libwebkit which is still in thumb mode due to it's excessive size) and compiler side optimization is turned on (again, exception being libwebkit using -Os and sqllite using -fno-fast-math).
  • Important function calls and syscalls are aligned for faster response time.
  • I re-implemented some of the cpu atomic functions based on what I've learned so far, swp is used for atomic swap instead of ldrex/strex, register swapping of old value is done at success so if a context switch does occur, the loop will be aligned at the same boundary as the function. On best case, there shouldn't be any difference but can improve execution time for worst case of context switches.
  • Java libraries and bionic libc are compiled with NDEBUG, and the debug variable for java is also set to false.
  • Most crap (stuff that "I" do not use, has been removed ie. VPN, live wallpaper support etc..)
  • Fixed a few memory leaks in bionic, dalvik and ppp (also tether).
  • I've removed most locales except en_US and en_GB, though android still seems to be compiling strings from other languages in the build, so they might work but i can't guarantee anything with locales other than en_(US|GB).
  • Reverted the patch which auto closed notification bar when all notifications are canceled/removed. It was irritating me..
  • more stuff i don't remember, if you care pm me and I'll send you a diff of my repo.

Bugs
  • USB tether (Use another kernel to fix this)
  • Wierd bootup logo
  • Auto brightness might get stuck, switch screen on and off to fix it
  • Poweramp crashes, Though confirmed, the cause itself is not known

Installation
  1. Change partition sizes to as described above the rom link
  2. Boot to recovery
  3. Flash the magldr rom/zip/cwm
  4. Flash clk zip if you're on clk
  5. Reboot
  6. Reboot to recovery and flash data2sd if needed. Must have 5M extra on /system

Tips
  • Use Quickpic for gallery
  • Replace ADW with one of your favourite launchers (ADW EX, LP, Zeam etc..). ADW is slow and buggy, I prefer FTL and fast drawer.
  • DON'T USE SUPERCHARGER V6.

SD Port
NativeSD Port

v2b
Quote:

Partition Size

• misc 1M
  • recovery 5M
  • boot 4M
  • system 68M
  • cache 2M

Changelog
  • Update Adreno libraries from latest desire RUU
  • Switch to release build, less logs and more compile time checks
  • Hosts included in the rom
  • Fix data for magldr (left old rmnet module, silly me) thanks Xylograph

Magldr Rom
Magldr to LK

v2
Quote:

Partition Size

• misc 1M
  • recovery 5M
  • boot 4M
  • system 67M
  • cache 2M

Changelog
  • Old market and trimmed fonts, thanks Xylograph
  • Updated Software 2D drawing code from jellybean.
  • Fixes Music creating bogus video app in app drawer
  • New memcpy routine from apple
  • Fixes a bug in atomic routines
  • Suppress/Remove verbose and debug logging.
  • Remove unnecessary strings from a few hardware libraries
  • Well if you cared to reach this point, send me a pm for the repo diff.

Magldr Rom
Magldr to LK

First release
Quote:

Partition Size

• misc 1M
  • recovery 5M
  • boot 4M
  • system 79M
  • cache 2M

Magldr Rom
Magldr to LK

data2sd (needs 5M extra in system)

Notes:
I compiled this rom for myself but figured sharing won't hurt, and hence I don't plan to provide much support though I'll see what i can if you find a bug. I've run the rom for quite some time now and the results were as expected. Good battery life, large amount of ram upon boot (though I can still notice some memory leaks, will have to look deeper). For now the kernel is tytungs-r1 ics kernel patched for gingerbread, though I will be patching/updating and working on the cmhtcleo kernel once i have the build known to be bug free after some time. Due to switch from arm+thumb mixed to pure ARM mode, i was expecting higher ram usage (alongside with better performance), however looks like I was wrong, this build eats less ram than a arm+thumb interworking build, now i am not really sure why but from what i know it could be because compiler doesn't have to generate arm->thumb and back jumpers for interworking between arm and thumb code.

Credits
cyanogenmod
cmhtcleo team (arif-ali, milaq, charansingh and all other cm developers) for device tree
tytung
Xylograph
devhost

This is my first and probably the last rom, thank you for your time.
The Following 74 Users Say Thank You to Rick_1995 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

3rd September 2012, 12:32 PM |#2  
Flag Valle Castellana, L'Aquila, Groningen, Madrid, Bruxelles, Abu Dhabi
Thanks Meter: 1,555

Donate to Me
More
pretty impressive trying in 3 2 1...
3rd September 2012, 12:36 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
this seems to be nice!! ... downloading!!
3rd September 2012, 12:40 PM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Santa Clara

More
another thing you might want to know,

I've removed logo.rle from ramdisk, both to save time and space. I don't fancy bootup logos, Currently it will show wierd patterns on boot if you switch off and power on or the last screen you had if you reboot. This requires a small fix in the kernel which I will release with my next version with the new kernel.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Rick_1995 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2012, 12:47 PM |#5  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 2,766

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_1995

another thing you might want to know,

I've removed logo.rle from ramdisk, both to save time and space. I don't fancy bootup logos, Currently it will show wierd patterns on boot if you switch off and power on or the last screen you had if you reboot. This requires a small fix in the kernel which I will release with my next version with the new kernel.

can you also update the mmc part from my git, as I want to install your rom to my sdcard

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to securecrt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift securecrt Ad-Free
3rd September 2012, 12:50 PM |#6  
Flag suez
Thanks Meter: 970

More
Quote:

[CODE]

no way to say that u just start and u will never stop tell u give up from us hahahahha ...i will test it but i have one qus. why cm7 ?? what about cm9 or jelly bean
3rd September 2012, 12:52 PM |#7  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Santa Clara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaman2k

no way to say that u just start and u will never stop tell u give up from us hahahahha ...i will test it but i have one qus. why cm7 ?? what about cm9 or jelly bean

I don't fancy compiling android, I'm more interested in the lower level work of bootloader and kernel. cm7 because it has most stuff working and is smooth, stable. This is the build i use whenever i go out like a man on a mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by securecrt

can you also update the mmc part from my git, as I want to install your rom to my sdcard

Sorry, but i didn't get you what mmc part from your git should be updated ? or Do you want me to update the initrd for phoenix's method of system on sd-ext ?
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rick_1995 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2012, 01:03 PM |#8  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 2,766

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I don't fancy compiling android, I'm more interested in the lower level work of bootloader and kernel. cm7 because it has most stuff working and is smooth, stable. This is the build i use whenever i go out like a man on a mission.

Sorry, but i didn't get you what mmc part from your git should be updated ? or Do you want me to update the initrd for phoenix's method of system on sd-ext ?

I mean, the mmc driver in the kernel,
I made the following changes from CAF.
81d9816
29e0f0d
08802ee
4eade39

I install your ROM with my own script to my SDCARD, it is different with DATA on SD-ext
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to securecrt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift securecrt Ad-Free
3rd September 2012, 01:24 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 7,730

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Impressive stuff and as I can see a must have !

Going to try this asap m8 thanks for sharing
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Xylograph For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xylograph Ad-Free
3rd September 2012, 01:44 PM |#10  
Flag suez
Thanks Meter: 970

More
Wink Arabic_support
here we go for arabic support u can flash this zip file i made it for this woundrfull light cm7 for rick (i hope he give us more)
http://www.multiupload.nl/5K1KOHWWOV
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seaman2k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift seaman2k Ad-Free
3rd September 2012, 02:51 PM |#11  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 546

More
looking very impressive, system partition size is just 79mb awesome.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)