FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How too root and get CWM Recovery for Tab 10.1

242 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By Marshmellow92, Senior Member on 3rd September 2012, 09:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This ROOT Method works for Rogers tab, Verizon's LTE tab and wifi Tab not sure for the rest. However, the recovery i will be posting here will only be usable for the lte tab. And to clarify i take NO responsibility if anything happens to your tablet.

Pre-steps: Download both files i have for you at the bottom of the post.

1. Take the root file that is on the bottom of this post and put that in the root of your tablet. then Rename it to "update" no need to write .zip at the end. Once done turn off your tablet.

2. Hold power button and volume up (volume down i think for the non LTE tablets) Just try either volume down or up but holding it with the power button. you will see The Samsung galaxy tab words. just keep holding it till you see the 2 images. recovery and download mode. what you want to do is click volume down so that you enter recovery. then using your volume buttons scroll down to update from zip.... choose the update zip file. let it do its thing. then reboots you.

3. when you boot up all the way go to applications then make sure you have superuser. if you do it worked. now you can flash your cwm recovery.

4. the file must be a .tar.md5

5. power off your tablet and power on while holding volume up or down whatever your case is. then go to download mode. and enter it.

6. Go tho this link : http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=2668 and look for your model and download the recovery for that model. example : Download LTE (Odin; SCH-I905):
recovery.tar.md5
(the download will be here)

7. now go to the recovery zip i provided and unzip it. right click odin3 v1.85 and click "run as administrator"

8. click on PDA and look for the recovery file you just downloaded.

9. click start you should see a green bar and when it finishes you will reboot.

You are done enjoy your root and cwm
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rooting-Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-10.1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (275.8 KB, 5438 views)
File Type: rar Recovery.rar - [Click for QR Code] (168.9 KB, 4551 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marshmellow92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Marshmellow92 Ad-Free

4th September 2012, 01:23 PM |#2  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Sorry,have not the option update from zip i recovery on my P7500 ... Can not therefore run this update...

I have ICS 4.0.4...
5th September 2012, 10:09 AM |#3  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Screen flickering
Nobody knows how to fix the CWM screen flickering issue ? Have tryed all options, nothing works proparly...
5th September 2012, 03:44 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenofexos

Nobody knows how to fix the CWM screen flickering issue ? Have tryed all options, nothing works proparly...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=27830023
28th October 2012, 05:20 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Virus?
AVG is reporting that the Rooting-Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-10.1.zip file you posted is infected with the Android_dc.DCY virus. What's up with that? Specifically, it finds it in the Superuser.apk file. How might I obtain a non-infected version? Thx!

Edit: Nevermind, false positive. For anyone interested, there's a very satisfactory answer here: http://androidsu.com/2011/06/a-word-...-and-security/.
The Following User Says Thank You to jacksenechal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jacksenechal Ad-Free
31st October 2012, 09:11 PM |#6  

More
doesn't work for me
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE from Verizon*
Model Number: SCH-i905*
Android Version: 4.0.4*
Baseband Version: i905.02 V.LP11 / SCH-I905.LP11
Kernel Version: 3.1.10
Build Number IMM76D.LP11

I'm getting this error

E:signature verification failed

any ideas?
6th December 2013, 06:58 PM |#7  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtwinkie

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE from Verizon*
Model Number: SCH-i905*
Android Version: 4.0.4*
Baseband Version: i905.02 V.LP11 / SCH-I905.LP11
Kernel Version: 3.1.10
Build Number IMM76D.LP11

I'm getting this error

E:signature verification failed

any ideas?

I am having the same issue. Did you ever find a fix or another set of instructions?
26th March 2015, 03:31 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut614

I am having the same issue. Did you ever find a fix or another set of instructions?

Nope.
20th November 2016, 06:08 AM |#9  

More
Find a fix?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtwinkie

Nope.

Did anyone figure this out? I see a lot of guides but none for the SCH-I905 4.0.4 with Build IMM76D.LP11. TIA!
29th November 2016, 03:00 PM |#10  

More
Samsung 4.0.4 Upgrade for the Galaxy Tab 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyG001

Did anyone figure this out? I see a lot of guides but none for the SCH-I905 4.0.4 with Build IMM76D.LP11. TIA!

Samsung did not enable MTP USB in many of their software builds/upgrades including their 4.0.4 upgrade which prevents rooting. MTP WiFi was enabled but cannot be used to root the 10.1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)