[ROM] Kyorarom Serenity (CM10 Based)

Search This thread

hillbeast

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2011
Dunedin
1679uz7.jpg

Serenity
1. the state or quality of being serene, calm, or tranquil; sereneness.
2. ( usually initial capital letter ) a title of honor, respect, or reverence, used in speaking of or to certain members of royalty (usually preceded by his, your, etc.).

Basic Features
  • Rooted
  • CM10 built from source code
  • Serenity Kernel
  • Overclock GPU to 480MHz
  • Tablet UI (switchable) (thanks to SGT7)
  • 720p Video Recording

Sources
I will make the repositories very soon. If I don't have them up then bug me to get them up.

Screenshots
Will come when I get time.

Credits
CyanogenMod Team for their hard work on making Android great
Google for making this such an easy device to develop for
Asus for making this such a POWERFUL device
SGT7 team for their tablet UI
MIUI for the File Explorer Application

A big thanks all the respective developers of the included apps

hillbeast

Feb 9, 2011
Dunedin
Planned Features/Requested Features
  • CPU Overclocking
  • Built in Camera application/shortcut
  • Adjust auto backlight to not be so conservative
  • Add some CPU governors (SmartassV2, etc)

Changelog
2012-09-03
  • First Release

Last edited:

hillbeast

Feb 9, 2011
Dunedin

harkan89

May 18, 2011
Dubai
Duuude! Looks like I got a Nexus 7 at the right time.. First the G3 and now the Nexus 7!! Awesome.. Gonna flash it now!

goku16

Oct 13, 2010
"tablet ui can be switch"??? where can i do it :D
Edited: found it, landscape mode forceclose!

Last edited:

the.emilio

OK. Love the feel of the ROM. Did run into a some snags. I flashed the rom twice. Both on a full wipe (cache, dalvik, factory, system, data on TWRP latest). The first time I also flashed the Trinity kernel (latest build). Booted up fine but the camera did not load at all so I figured kernel. So thats when I wiped the second time and went with the kernel included. I was able to load the camera app, switch between both video resolutions and record with both. The problem I came across was for photos. The default resolution was fine, but as I started to go left in the settings (I am guessing decreasing the resolution??) it started to lag and eventually caused a FC. This in turn caused the Gallery to FC. The camera would remain borked with the following error "Camera error: Can't connect to the camera." I have attached the catlog for your review. I also noticed that the device was charging horribly slow, as in 2-5% during the entire process, which was plugged in via the wall charger for at least the better part of an hour and a half. Maybe kernel? Well here it is.

Edit: Also flashed latest GAPPS 7/26 for JB while in recovery both times.

Last edited:
Reactions: rredef

hillbeast

Feb 9, 2011
Dunedin
OK. Love the feel of the ROM. Did run into a some snags. I flashed the rom twice. Both on a full wipe (cache, dalvik, factory, system, data on TWRP latest). The first time I also flashed the Trinity kernel (latest build). Booted up fine but the camera did not load at all so I figured kernel. So thats when I wiped the second time and went with the kernel included. I was able to load the camera app, switch between both video resolutions and record with both. The problem I came across was for photos. The default resolution was fine, but as I started to go left in the settings (I am guessing decreasing the resolution??) it started to lag and eventually caused a FC. This in turn caused the Gallery to FC. The camera would remain borked with the following error "Camera error: Can't connect to the camera." I have attached the catlog for your review. I also noticed that the device was charging horribly slow, as in 2-5% during the entire process, which was plugged in via the wall charger for at least the better part of an hour and a half. Maybe kernel? Well here it is.

Hmm I can't see in the log what exactly it was that caused the crash. It looks like it's a bad setting it didn't like or something but I can't see what. You say still camera did this? That's really strange because I haven't changed anything there, only in the video encoder.

the.emilio

Hmm I can't see in the log what exactly it was that caused the crash. It looks like it's a bad setting it didn't like or something but I can't see what. You say still camera did this? That's really strange because I haven't changed anything there, only in the video encoder.

Well the first flash was definitely a kernel issue. Flashed the latest Trinity 7 kernel experimental with CleanROM and got the same issue with the camera app causing the tablet to completely freeze. So I restored to my backup of CleanROM that has the latest Motley kernel. Works fine in all still photo modes. On the 2nd go with leaving the stock kernel, the app killed after I decreased the resolution on the still camera. Video worked flawless. What recovery and version are you using? I may just have a bad recovery flash?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

hillbeast

Feb 9, 2011
Dunedin
Well the first flash was definitely a kernel issue. Flashed the latest Trinity 7 kernel experimental with CleanROM and got the same issue with the camera app causing the tablet to completely freeze. So I restored to my backup of CleanROM that has the latest Motley kernel. Works fine in all still photo modes. On the 2nd go with leaving the stock kernel, the app killed after I decreased the resolution on the still camera. Video worked flawless. What recovery and version are you using? I may just have a bad recovery flash?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

I'm on TWRP 2.2.2 I think. I can't see why it is the recovery. It must be something else I'm missing...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1679uz7.jpg

Serenity
    1. the state or quality of being serene, calm, or tranquil; sereneness.
    2. ( usually initial capital letter ) a title of honor, respect, or reverence, used in speaking of or to certain members of royalty (usually preceded by his, your, etc.).

Basic Features
    • Rooted
    • CM10 built from source code
    • Serenity Kernel
    • Overclock GPU to 480MHz
    • Tablet UI (switchable) (thanks to SGT7)
    • 720p Video Recording

Sources
    I will make the repositories very soon. If I don't have them up then bug me to get them up.

Screenshots
    Will come when I get time.

Credits
    CyanogenMod Team for their hard work on making Android great
    Google for making this such an easy device to develop for
    Asus for making this such a POWERFUL device
    SGT7 team for their tablet UI
    MIUI for the File Explorer Application

A big thanks all the respective developers of the included apps
    Planned Features/Requested Features
    • CPU Overclocking
    • Built in Camera application/shortcut
    • Adjust auto backlight to not be so conservative
    • Add some CPU governors (SmartassV2, etc)

Changelog
    2012-09-03
    • First Release
    Nice ROM! I know it's very early days, but I found it a bit stuttery, however this may just be because my daily driver is tweaked all over the place and overclocked. Is there anything to stop me running Motley's kernel with this so I can tweak it the same way for comparison? Would that stop Kyoraapp working?

Kyoraapp isn't fully implemented at this stage so it won't really affect anything by changing the kernel, so feel free to use whatever kernel you wish.