FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10

2,296 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,123

By cdesai, Inactive Recognized Developer on 5th September 2012, 09:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Downloads
WARNING: Upgrading from any version before 20120922 will wipe your data

Latest nightly: P1000 | P1000L | P1000N | SCH-I800 / SPH-P100
Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps

Installation

- First time flashing CM10 to your Galaxy Tab (or coming from another ROM)?
  1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
  2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
  3. Do a Nandroid backup!
  4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
  5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  6. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from CM7/CM9?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  2. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
  3. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  4. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from another CM10 Build?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup! WARNING: Upgrading from any version not downloaded from http://get.cm will wipe your data
  2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  3. Optionally install the Google Addon
Note: Nandroids of CM9 and CM10 and CM10 builds before 20120922 are incompatible due to partition layout changes. Please be on the correct version before restoring Nandroids.

FAQ
Please read before posting or reporting bugs!
  • Auto Brightness doesn't work.

Reporting Bugs

Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

Please read the thread for known issues before reporting.
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
What is your--
Tablet model:
Radio (baseband):
CM version:
CM Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
IRC
Join us on #teamhacksung-support (user channel) or #teamhacksung (developer channel)

Changelog?
A rough changelog is available here:
P1000 | P1000L | P1000N | SCH-I800 / SPH-P100

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
The Following 114 Users Say Thank You to cdesai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cdesai Ad-Free

5th September 2012, 10:07 AM |#2  
Flag Petah Tikva
Thanks Meter: 437

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdesai

OP

Thank you, Chirayu.
The OG tablet would be still a gingerbread relic without your work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to erezak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift erezak Ad-Free
5th September 2012, 10:14 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
asked be4 about which rom is the best one before i bought the galaxy tab

now i bought an used galaxy tab but with good condition so im new here " a noob "

and honestly i get cofused with all the topics and guides and answers ,,, it is like a paradox for me !!!

i want to install AOKP rom but from what i read it require overcome rom be4 i install it ... i need to know why !! my galaxy tab seems to be in stock rom gb why i cant install aokp rom without these dilemma ?

and there are alot of word i dont understand like MTD , modems , drivers , kernals , etc
and also there are liks from overcome are dead ,,, Overcome_7_Series_v4.1.0_Wipe.zip ,,,Overcome_7_Series_v4.1.0_NoWipe.zip,,,Overcome_ Kernel_v4.0.0.tar,,,Overcome_Kernel_v4.0.0.zip,,, modems

so if u please guide me how to install it from the beginning to the end i will be very pleased
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mohaakotb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mohaakotb Ad-Free
5th September 2012, 10:25 AM |#4  
Flag Unknown
Thanks Meter: 214

Donate to Me
More
How To Partition Your SD Card For Free Internal Storage (CWM)
Via ClockWorkMod Recovery :

Things required:

• Clock Work Mod Recovery (Except latest HumberOS Kernel)
  • Working SD card inserted into phone.
  • Link2Sd (Link)
Note : Backup your Sdcard before do this steps because it will format your all data on Sdcard

After getting the above things ready, proceed with the given steps :
  • Boot into CWM
  • Scroll down to advance options (second last option).
  • In Advance Menu go to Partition SD Card (If you use HumberOS kernel, there is no option for Partition SD CARD)
  • Select EXT and swap partition size according to your needs and overall size of the SD card.
  • Wait till the process completes. You will get a success message if things are done.
  • After rebooting, download Link2sd on Play Store (Link above)
  • open link2sd
  • then select the file system of your sdcard's second partition (ext3)
  • reboot your tablet
  • then open link2sd again menu->storage info

Via PC

Quote:

Simplest way is to use "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition" from http://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html
This tool is compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista & Windows 7
requirements: USB SD Card reader.
pull SD card from phone, insert into USB SD Card reader,you can do it with your usb cable mount Sd-crad. Windows should report new drive and content of the drive should be visible.

Step 1: delete old partitions on SD card
Note:
Quote:

this partition manager QUEUES the operations. So nothing is deleted and changed UNTIL you click "APPLY" and then confirm by clicking "OK".
WARNING!
Make sure you are deleting partition on SD card! (not your hard drive for example)
This step deletes everything on SD card, so backup files first!
Dont be afraid, just read everything and think twice before selecting correct drive.
Do you see three gray icons on the bottom? Under each of them the capacity of each drive is listed, and SD CARD has slightly different icon.
Hard drives on the screenshot have 465.8GB and 74.5GB, and on the bottom, the SD card, with 3.8GB capacity.

Step 2: create FAT or FAT32 partition “ note that this partition is for storing your media, etc..”
Quote:

select "Create As": PRIMARY
Select "File System:" FAT when you have 2GB or smaller card.
Select "File System:" FAT32 when you have 4GB or greater card.

Step 3: select the 2nd partition and select "Create As": PRIMARY
Here Is a NOTE:
Quote:

For a wired reason, in both cm9/cm10 roms if formatted your 2nd partition with ext4 format, link2sd wont create mount script, unless you have selected ext3 “although the format was converted to ext4”

Step 4: finish
Quote:

finally, click "apply" button on top left corner.
partitions will be created and card will be formatted.
Reattach your sd card to your phone and turn it on.

After getting the above things ready, proceed with the given steps :

• After rebooting, download Link2sd on Play Store (Link above)
  • open link2sd
  • then select the file system of your sdcard's second partition (ext3)
  • reboot your tablet
  • then open link2sd again menu->storage info

Thanks Button Please

over 200+ apps/games with free 1,6 GB and used only 277MB (Internal storage)

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to asvantypography For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asvantypography Ad-Free
5th September 2012, 12:36 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Looks like last build didn't work on Jenkins

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app
5th September 2012, 01:01 PM |#6  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 267

More
gonna give it a shot!
5th September 2012, 03:00 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Thank you fellow country man .

Just so that thread shows up in participated in android napp

The Following User Says Thank You to adi6262 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adi6262 Ad-Free
5th September 2012, 03:21 PM |#8  
Flag Caketown
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohaakotb

i want to install AOKP rom but from what i read it require overcome rom be4 i install it ... i need to know why !! my galaxy tab seems to be in stock rom gb why i cant install aokp rom without these dilemma ?

and there are alot of word i dont understand like MTD , modems , drivers , kernals , etc
and also there are liks from overcome are dead ,,, Overcome_7_Series_v4.1.0_Wipe.zip ,,,Overcome_7_Series_v4.1.0_NoWipe.zip,,,Overcome_ Kernel_v4.0.0.tar,,,Overcome_Kernel_v4.0.0.zip,,, modems

so if u please guide me how to install it from the beginning to the end i will be very pleased

Let me start to say that this is not the AOKP thread, nor the Overcome thread. This is a thread for the CyanogenMod 10 ROM. So I cannot tell you anything about AOKP. Overcome is the easiest and safest way to get your Tab ready for AOKP or other ROM's like CM10 or CM9.
What I do know is you have to follow the Overcome installation procedure. The links on teamovercome.net are dead indeed, but in the first post of the Overcome thread you will find mirror-links that work.
So first install Overcome then AOKP.
If you have questions about these procedures please put them in the right forum. So questions about Overcome in the Overcome thread and AOKP questions in AOKP thread.
The meaning of all those strange words you can find in XDA's wiki.
Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to rwa66 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rwa66 Ad-Free
6th September 2012, 06:37 AM |#9  
Flag Maceda
Thanks Meter: 174

More
A noob question......how do i make logcats?

6th September 2012, 07:02 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,282

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanferr

A noob question......how do i make logcats?

I don't know if this help you..
http://goo.gl/BjBj1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to priyana For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift priyana Ad-Free
6th September 2012, 01:01 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Just flashed the latest nightly, just noted that the baseband info in About Tablet comes up as unknown. Have noticed that there's a modem.bin in the zip file too... any possibility that it's wrong or something?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)